• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Foursquare has been removed from the PS Vita store and will never be supported again

DemonNite

It's over, period. Sony lost their last ace, and that's the end of their Vita hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for Vita. Sony has nothing left, nothing they can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created by removing Foursquare. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in a Vita. Except if they want to watch YouTube. Which will also come to PS4 at some point.

The age of Sony is done.

It's over, period. Sony lost their last ace, and that's the end of their Vita hopes and dreams.

It's not hyperbole, it's not fanboy drivel. It is LITERALLY it for Vita. Sony has nothing left, nothing they can reveal tomorrow would fix the hole now created by removing Foursquare. There is no reason left for any one, hardcore or casual, to substantively invest in a Vita. Except if they want to watch YouTube. Which will also come to PS4 at some point.

The age of Sony is done.

Reminds me of a certain Amirox post
ax8Yby9.png

Camjo-Z

The age of Sony is done.

Sony just shot themselves in the foot.

maverick40

Why would anyone use the vita foursquare app when you can just use the better app on any smart phone? The app was never used on the vita so why would sony keep it on?

massoluk

Banned
I think it's like Twitter but for where you ate lunch. Also nobody uses it.

Honestly I don't know.

Let's be fair, it comes in handy for AMEX discount during Restaurant Week. But I wouldn't really take out a Vita to check in at a fancy restaurant.

Why would anyone use the vita foursquare app when you can just use the better app on any smart phone? The app was never used on the vita so why would sony keep it on?

I just wanted to know the reason for its removal that's all and whether it is because of dumping the 3G feature in the new PS Vita models which may lead to the removal of Near and t@g and comparable apps in the future.

DrDamn

I'd doubt it has anything to do with Microsoft owning them right...? I mean, Skype's still on the Vita?

Probably not, though Skype is something customers can pay for which makes removing an app more problematic. It's probably more that with recent investment they would need to spend some money on updating and maintaining the app and it's not worth it for them based on usage.

Top Bottom