• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fred Durst: 'Limp Bizkit is over' / Fred Durst: Limp Bizkit is not over

Status
Not open for further replies.
EDIT: APPARENTLY LIMP BIZKIT IS NOT OVER.. REFER TO POST 18

http://www.nme.com/news/limp-bizkit/65573

Fred Durst has admitted that Limp Bizkit are "over".

In May of this year, the frontman revealled that they had been working on two projects since signing to Lil Wayne's Cash Money label: a studio album titled 'Stampede Of The Disco Elephants', and a follow-up to their 2005 EP 'The Unquestionable Truth Part 1'.

According to Metal Injection, however, the singer has said that although the band are not splitting up, their popularity has waned as a lot of their former fans "have moved on".

Speaking about the current status of the band, he said: "We don't play back home. We've boycotted America for many years now. I don't know, I just don't wanna go out like that. We did a few radio shows in 2010 for a friend and that was it. We haven't properly toured America since 2006.

"The reason? We just don’t know what's going on in America," he added. "It's all about the new catchy thing and that's always changing. America is driven by record sales. It's the home of corporations. We're just Limp Bizkit, so we don't know how to do anything but Limp Bizkit."

He went on to say:
But here's the deal: say in 2000, there were 35 million people who connected to this band. Twelve years later, lots of those people have moved on. We were a moment in time and it's over.​
Last December, Limp Bizkit said goodbye to their old record label, Interscope, following poor album sales from their last LP 'Gold Cobra'. In April of this year, meanwhile, it was reported that Durst wanted to axe band members John Otto and DJ Lethal from the group.

RIP Limp Bizkit

Our long national nightmare is over.

animation1dfg2zq7g.gif

I like how they quit the band based off from poor sales of an LP. WHO THE HELL BUYS LPS?!

And apparently their last music video has nearly 10 million views on Youtube in just over a year.

10 million views is deemed unpopular to these guys?

agrajag

Banned
At least he's smart enough to acknowledge how flash in the pan his band's success was. Gotta give him credit for that.

Ryaaan14

Banned
The first album I believe was the first I ever bought on my own and I fuckin loved it. It was great.

Stuck, Counterfeit, Pollution, Sour, and Stalemate were fantastic. Faith was kinda meh though and unfortunately that's what people associate that album with.

dorkimoe

Gold Member
i was a little upset. They are still a guilty pleasure. My way is still one of my favorites. Also "back porch" which was a bonus track through bestbuy or itunes or something was the best song they had off their new stuff and it wasnt even on the cd!

Wes is still in the band, yes.

I think the time without Wes is what killed them, those albums without Wes sealed thier fate.

I think he was the one who made the music right?

Then they did that stupid shit where they had an MTV contest or some shit to recruit a new guitarist right? Far to cheesy and killed thier credibility.

jerry1594

I like how they quit the band based off from poor sales of an LP. WHO THE HELL BUYS LPS?!

And apparently their last music video has nearly 10 million views on Youtube in just over a year.

10 million views is deemed unpopular to these guys?

It kind of is when the big stars have upwards 50 million views.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom