• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Freddy Krueger Returing From Rob Zombie (?)

axe freddy GIF by South Park

I was hoping for a decent prequel movie from Blumhouse or something. Robert Englund even gave his blessing to Kevin Bacon for being the next Freddy, and Kevin Bacon said “never say never”
now we got fuckin dj qualls and probably sheri moon zombie 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:

bitbydeath

The site you linked claims it’s fake.

I’d like to point out that the poster appears to have been created with AI. “Fred” does not have a listing on IMDb or on Rob Zombie’s page. I hate to be the bearer of bad news, but the poster was created by a satirical site. It’s not real, but it does prove one thing: that fans miss Freddy.

Toots

Gold Member
I don't know DJ Quall (i know DJ Premier tho), but if he's related in anyway to the late great James Quall we're in for a banger.

Dr. Claus

Vincit qui se vincit
Possession and The Thing are in my all time Top 10. Fun, light hearted, camp just aren't for me when it comes to Horror.

Again, you can have dark and depressing alongside some comedic moments. Nightmare, Evil Dead, Friday, etc. all do this perfectly.

Last edited:

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
How many times have movies been rebooted? Thousands of times, I'd like to watch a Rob Zombie Scream, Hellraiser or at this point Freddy who is due for a comeback, today's audiences don't understand Freddy, the idea of a child predator who takes controls of your dreams is essentially no-go territory today with the way today it's woke.

jason10mm

Gold Member
I think the problem with NOES was a target for a reboot is we have what, 6, 7? Freddy films that vary pretty wildly in tone. This gives us a LOT of Freddy, which really detracts from a new "origin" film IMHO as the less we know of him, the scarier he is.

The original and most of the sequels were very much from the teen POV. It's about their struggles and their journey to defeat Freddy, not so much about the parents original sin against him (or street justice depending on what he did exactly) and certainly not much about trying to "justify" Freddy retroactively. He is a literal boogeyman, finding out the "rules" to defeat him is a large part of the charm of the early films, and the framework of the parents is far from the focus.

I don't know that Zombie would have the proper perspective. He goes "gross" pretty well but rarely horror IMHO, while Wes Craven strode both camps quite well.

Mr Hyde

DJ Qualls as Fred Krueger is certainly something I never thought would be something to materialize but here we are. He is talented but not sure he can pull it off. However, Robert Englund was mostly known for whimsical and light hearted characters before he became Freddy, so it could be that Qualls is coming up with something unexpected. Rob Zombie though isn't sitting well with me. House of a 1000 corpses and Devil's rejects are fun but his Halloween movies sucked ass. Will give it a watch anyway since I'm a huge Freddy Krueger fan. It can't be worse than the 2010 remake.

Top Bottom