• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

"FREE" 1 Year ECA membership... for the price of YOUR SOUL. Read if you applied.

Alucrid

Banned
mYm|17| said:
sweet thanks costanza.

how do u apply this on amazon?

Click on Membership Benefits, Benefits Section (second paragraph), click on Amazon.com, then at the bottom for the code to enter at Amazon.

Thanks for this, a lot. I might be preordering all my games from Amazon now. You rock!

Costanza

Banned
Redbeard said:
Oh ffs, just signed up for this yesterday.

Anyway, it says the codes for Amazon expire on the 30th, is there a chance they'll just end it after that?
No, that's just to prevent people from stockpiling a bunch of codes.

bigkrev

Wow this is a great deal. I was about to sign up at the student rate of 14.99, but had second thoughts.

Dont forget this also gives you 20% off at Good Old Games! It knocks most games down to 5 bucks!

EdgecrusherLSU

Neo Member
Does this work on used games or games sold by other sellers through Amazon? Also, it says on their site "One game per cart". So, say I buy 2 $20 games for free shipping, would one game be $18 and the other $20?

Either way this seems to be a pretty cool deal even without the amazon discount. Never heard of ECA, appreciate the info Costanza.

Costanza

Banned
EdgecrusherLSU said:
Does this work on used games or games sold by other sellers through Amazon? Also, it says on their site "One game per cart". So, say I buy 2 $20 games for free shipping, would one game be $18 and the other $20?
First question: No. Second question: IIRC, one code takes the discount off of every game in your cart.

dallow_bg

nods at old men
Wheeeee!

Uncharted 2

Item(s) Subtotal: $56.99
Shipping & Handling: $0.00
Gold Box Discount: -$2.85
Promotion Applied: -$5.70
Promotion Applied: -$30.00
-----
Total Before Tax: $18.44
Estimated Tax: $0.00
Gift Certificate/Card Amount: $18.44
-----
Grand Total: $0.00

Kagari said:
Will this work for amazon's international stores, like amazon.jp?
From the site:

Amazon.com – get 10% off your games purchases at Amazon.com. Simply download coupon codes from the Benefits section once logged-in to your account. Then apply the code at checkout at Amazon.com. If you buy three or more games a year, this benefit alone makes being a member worth it. (The discount codes are presently unique one-time use coupons. Members should download one coupon per game, one game per cart. Multi-time use individually-assigned codes are coming soon.)

It looks like it's only for Amazon.com

Shadow780

Costanza said:
another thing.. for maximum deal-age, there's a 3 month Prime trial offer going on now and you can then preorder all (well, most) of your games with free release date delivery.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/prime/signup/textbooks.html just add one of the textbooks to your cart and go to the last page of checkout where it offers you the trial. make sure to turn off auto-renewal.

Doesn't work if you're previously a Prime member or have used similar promotions.

But thanks for the ECA, signed up for one~

hellclerk

Everything is tsundere to me
HOLY SHIT! how did i not know about this before? This is SO totally worth PAYING for. fuck yes, this industry is awesome :D :D :D :D

Awesome, I signed up just now. I <3 the internet. I'm sure the ECA is going to be just thrilled about this.

:lol

StoOgE said:
Thanks Costanza, just saved me 6 bucks on Halo 3 order I already had placed!
How did you get it to go through? I tried to apply a code to an existing preorder, but it's not working.

kaskade

Costanza said:
From CAG:

go to http://www.theeca.com/ to sign up. The Amazon discount is fucking great.

edit:

another thing.. for maximum deal-age, there's a 3 month Prime trial offer going on now and you can then preorder all (well, most) of your games with free release date delivery.

http://www.amazon.com/gp/prime/signup/textbooks.html just add one of the textbooks to your cart and go to the last page of checkout where it offers you the trial. make sure to turn off auto-renewal.
So awesome, I think I have to order one more textbook also. 3 months is just enough time to go through the holiday season.

Alfarif

This picture? uhh I can explain really!
Shadowlink said:
That's awesome! Thanks again for posting this Constanza! :D

Yeah. Batman, here I come. Oh, and Uncharted, and every other game I've missed out on in the last year or so.

Dipper145

Im Canadian, so the amazon discount doens't work on .ca (I checked) but the other ones are useful still. I'll probably be using the Good Old Game 20% off one quite a bit, probably right now when I find something I want. Great stuff.

MrDaravon

So fucking awesome; I was actually going to sign up for the ECA a week or two ago and just hadn't gotten my lazy ass around to it since I haven't ordered any games since. I actually canceled my Demon Souls CE and Persona PSP pre-orders and re-ordered with the discount. At amazon prices it took Demon Souls down to $60.29, and Persona down to $33.29. This is especially great if you've got Prime. Anybody know if this works with buying XBL points through Amazon?

Sean

Banned
GrotesqueBeauty said:
How did you get it to go through? I tried to apply a code to an existing preorder, but it's not working.

You have to cancel and re-order.

SailorDaravon said:
Anybody know if this works with buying XBL points through Amazon?

Yep people said it works but physical points only (sent through snail mail) - not the online email code thing.

LQX

Fucked up that I had to pay for this and now there giving it away for fucking free but cant say it has not been worth it. I have been going crazy with that 10% off on Amazon.

MrDaravon

Sean said:
Yep people said it works but physical points only (sent through snail mail) - not the online email code thing.

Hmmmm. Kinda sucks but I've got Prime so I guess if I know an Arcade game or DLC is coming up that week or later that gives me a couple days to order the card, so that's not too bad.

Also :lol 'ing at some people complaining on CAG about how it's not a big deal since it's only 10% off. Yeah, sorry you're only saving $3-$6 per new game release with no tax in most states, and with Prime most games have release date delivery. Jesus.

goldenpp72

Sean said:
You have to cancel and re-order.

Lol, I just did this, I got the 5 dollar promotion off, the 10 dollar gift card thing after it ships, as well as this eca discount :D

Essentially, halo odst for 39 bucks, I also use amazon prime

FrankT

Wow, this works with Live cards as well I guess. 13 month card for $35.99, which is perfect because I'm up in a month or so.

RS4-

Dipper145 said:
Im Canadian, so the amazon discount doens't work on .ca (I checked) but the other ones are useful still. I'll probably be using the Good Old Game 20% off one quite a bit, probably right now when I find something I want. Great stuff.

If Amazon never started shipping electronics/games to Canada, I wouldn't have bothered with the ECA thing :lol

But since that isn't the case anymore, time to sign up.

Thanks!

burgerdog

Shit, I already have like eight games pre-ordered from Amazon, do I have to cancel and then order them to get the discount after I do this?

I already used the Prime trail, but I'm going to use this, and get release day delivery on Uncharted 2. It should come out to less then buying it at retail.

Is there any other Uncharted 2 Amazon promotions I should know about?

Sean

Banned
burgerdog said:
Shit, I already have like eight games pre-ordered from Amazon, do I have to cancel and then order them to get the discount after I do this?

Yeah. It's kinda shitty that you can't just apply it to your existing orders, but it's definitely worth spending a few minutes to do. With eight games you'd be saving like 50 bucks.

burgerdog

distantmantra said:
I think they've caught on. It doesn't appear to be working anymore.

I just did it, like not even one minute ago.

^ Thanks guys, time to order everything again! And FUCK, I just used my amazon prime trial on Wednesday ;/ Missed two free months.

Top Bottom