• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Nintendo 3DS game of 8 when you buy/register 3DS & Smash or Pokémon ORAS in EU

1. 3DS XL (Aug. 3, 2013 as a b-day gift) and still have codes in the box i think.

2. I don't have Club Nintendo

3. Never register for any of Nintendo products in my life.

Do i qualify for this promo? Or that's for "NEW" 3DS systems of 2015?

Crayolan

1. 3DS XL (Aug. 3, 2013 as a b-day gift) and still have codes in the box i think.

2. I don't have Club Nintendo

3. Never register for any of Nintendo products in my life.

Do i qualify for this promo? Or that's for "NEW" 3DS systems of 2015?

You qualify if you buy Smash or ORAS, yeah. So long as you make a Club Nintendo account and register your stuff during the promo.

FryHole

Heads up for people that may have multiple 3DS's and already registered one: you have to make a new club nintendo account for the promotion to work. I tried registering a secondary 3DS to my club nintendo account for the free game promotion last year and ended up getting nothing because I couldn't link the secondary 3DS to my club nintendo account since each club nintendo account can only be linked to 1 3DS at a time. Also once a 3DS is registered it can't be "unregistered" so you can never link it to any Club Nintendo account, making it pretty much worthless for rewards.

Yes, it's as stupid and shitty as it sounds.

You've lost me there. It's a while since I registered any hardware but is it not just a case of bunging in the 3DS registration code, bunging in the game registration code, and getting the download code from the website?

Crayolan

You've lost me there. It's a while since I registered any hardware but is it not just a case of bunging in the 3DS registration code, bunging in the game registration code, and getting the download code from the website?

If you're only registering a 3DS for the first time this doesn't apply to you.

If you're trying to register a second 3DS to an account which you've already registered a 3DS to, it will let you register the second 3DS, but it won't give you the download code until you link the second 3DS to club nintendo via the e-shop. Problem is, you can only have 1 3DS linked to club nintendo at a time.

FryHole

If you're trying to register a second 3DS to an account which you've already registered a 3DS to, it will let you register the second 3DS, but it won't give you the download code until you link the second 3DS to club nintendo via the e-shop. Problem is, you can only have 1 3DS linked to club nintendo at a time.

That's certainly something to be aware of, thanks. I would've thought that's be something they would make clear in the terms & conditions - can I ask what promotion you took part in?

scamander

Banned

There is no need to link the system to your Club Nintendo-Account as long as you don't want to download Pokémon/ Smash. If you want to download one of those games and don't intend to buy a physical copy of the other it is logical that you need to link system and account.

fisheyes

I'm thinking of buying a 3DS for Smash and maybe a couple of other things, but not a lot. One such instance is Pokemon X Y. I saw Pokemon 2DS bundles still around the place, would this be eligible for the promo still? And is a 2DS alright for Smash?

Dr. Buni

No NA? :(

I bought a XL two months ago but I am yet to register it and I am buying Smash, so I guess I would qualify, right?

I hope they have multiple episodes of code release this time. Having to wait for the promotion to close in 2015 would be terrible for Scandinavian countries (this happened for MK8 but the window was far narrower there).

Still does that mean Smash 3DS and Pokemon will have code and hardware always had codes?

MicH

I hope they have multiple episodes of code release this time. Having to wait for the promotion to close in 2015 would be terrible for Scandinavian countries (this happened for MK8 but the window was far narrower there).

Still does that mean Smash 3DS and Pokemon will have code and hardware always had codes?
Yeah, the wait for the codes with the MK8 promotion was ridiculous. I think most people just redeemed their code on the UK Club Nintendo and got it instantly :p But yeah, they must provide some sort of code with the games here. We usually don't have Club Nintendo codes in our games and hardware, though. But how will this work for hardware, then? There's plenty of old stock. Guess we'll have to wait and see

RedShift

Whoop, I'll qualify. Never registered my 3DS.

Already got ALBW though. Is Yoshi's New Island worth getting? Loved the original.

gerudoman

Has anyone registered both the 3DS and Smash Bros and asked for a code? I still can't decide between Mario Golf and Kirby but if I can get a download code for one of them today I guess I'll take the decision quickly.

gerudoman

Has anyone registered both the 3DS and Smash Bros and asked for a code? I still can't decide between Mario Golf and Kirby but if I can get a download code for one of them today I guess I'll take the decision quickly.

Just a heads up: you can now register Smash Bros, and as soon as you do it you can choose what game you want and have the download code immediately. I finally chose Mario Golf :p

casiopao

The only good game there is ALBW, which I already own, and you need to register a new 3DS to be applicable? This is pretty sub-par compared to the previous deals.

What is with this comment? Kirby is a great if not wonderful game. Mon Hun is a great value. Mario Golf also is a great quality game for Golf lovers.

Volodja

I had never registered my console, nice.
Now I just have to decide which game I want, Kirby, Yoshi or Mario Golf.

Kouriozan

My mom's 3DS died so I bought her a new one, and could register it on my account.
So yay, free Kirby for me, currently downloading :D

Heads up for people that may have multiple 3DS's and already registered one: you have to make a new club nintendo account for the promotion to work. I tried registering a secondary 3DS to my club nintendo account for the free game promotion last year and ended up getting nothing because I couldn't link the secondary 3DS to my club nintendo account since each club nintendo account can only be linked to 1 3DS at a time. Also once a 3DS is registered it can't be "unregistered" so you can never link it to any Club Nintendo account, making it pretty much worthless for rewards.

Yes, it's as stupid and shitty as it sounds.

Hmm. I registered my x/y le 3ds XL to my club nintendo account where my original 3ds and 3ds xl are registered with no problem last week and got my free game(never did it when I originally bought it because I figured nintendo would run another promo like this).

And I've never even turned on the x/y 3ds as I bought it as a collectible. My first XL is already connected via eshop.

Top Bottom