• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Free Nintendo 3DS game of 8 when you buy/register 3DS & Smash or Pokémon ORAS in EU

jonno394

It's really getting harder and harder to ignore the 3DS, when i heard the n3DS was annoucned i'd hoped we'd get it in the UK before Christmas as I have been on the verge of buying one for a while, gonna be a hard long wait until next year!

Might just buy a 3DS now and get Smash with a free side of Zelda.

Spenny

It's a good deal, but why would anyone want to buy a current 3DS when they're coming out with the New ones?

kirby2096

Glad I saved my sister's registration code instead of redeeming it last week. Now to decide whether to get Kirby or Yoshi to go with my Yoshi plushie.

Chris1

Pretty good deal, don't have any of those games for my 3DS and was planning on getting both smash and AS so I've hit the jackpot here.

Think I'll be picking up ALBW.

ampere

Cool that they're doing this again. I did the Luigi's Mansion promo for free 3D Land. I didn't end up liking Luigi's Mansion so I guess it was a decent insurance policy since I loved 3D Land.

gogoud

God damn it noa!

Both games I'm going to buy. Buddy at work got the .jp demo on his .jp 3ds and holy shit is smash smooth on that little thing.

Make it happen noa!!! Smash and Pokemon will be mine... Free games would be nice too :p would give the keys to the wives 3ds :p or share them here... Since noa would list 4 games I already have :(

whMau24.png

oti

Banned
Guess whose cousin will get a * 2DS from Santa this year.

* already opened and registered
(Mine, so I can get... Kirby maybe?)

Edit: Although maybe I should just download him ALBW onto his 2DS. It would be by far the most challenging game he'd have to play. I feel like he needs a challenge.

Hmm I already have:
Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate
The Legend of Zelda: A Link Between Worlds
Yoshi’s New Island
Kirby: Triple Deluxe
Mario Party: Island Tour

And I'm not so sure if I'd play Mario Golf: World Tour or Pokémon Art Academy

edit: Oh I actually would have to register a 3DS system, too. Well, problem solved xD

I feel the exact same way. I have all of those games and maybe would go for Mario Golf....

But I used my system code already.

Note to my self:

Next Year when i buy the n3DS, don´t waste the code and wait till the next Promotion..

I am thinking the exact same thing, I need to stop registering these codes and hold them for a big promotion.

Also, nice Knife Juggler.

zroid

Banned
NoE giving away more free games for basically nothing while NoA just gives us nothing?

whatelseisnew.jpg

my bad I misread. didn't see you had to register a 3DS system as well.

Do I need something from the original packaging to register my 3DS or is it with a serial number? I don't really want any of the new games that much (waiting for Smash on Wii U), but combined with ALBW this sounds like a good deal.

dragn

Do I need something from the original packaging to register my 3DS or is it with a serial number? I don't really want any of the new games that much (waiting for Smash on Wii U), but combined with ALBW this sounds like a good deal.

you need the club nintendo code

It's a good deal, but why would anyone want to buy a current 3DS when they're coming out with the New ones?

That's what annoys me about this offer. They're actuvely encouraging people to buy a system that will soon be obsolete. Not only is that a spit in the face to all the people who already own a 3DS, and want to upgrade (why can't they do this deal then?), but it will also hurt New 3DS sales. Who is going to buy an old 3DS and then buy a New 3DS so soon after?

Robohasi

Neo Member
I wanted to buy a 3DS for Pokémon and smash but I decided to hold off once I heard the new models were coming out. Do you guys think its a good idea to buy a cheap 2ds now and get a new 3DS Xl later, or should I just pass on this and wait. I already have a vita with plus so I'm not at a lack of handheld games anyway...

PS: I hope they do something like this for the Wii U, will definately pick that up with smash if they give a free game :D

oti

Banned
There's always eBay. People will sell their star codes and game codes on there. For ~20€ you should be able to get Zelda. I payed 20€ for Zelda and 13€ for SM3DL in the past.

So even if you're not interested in buying a new Old3DS, this is a great opportunity to get digital games with a discount.

oti

Banned
NoA is gonna 1-up this

register Smash or ORAS and get a free game. No need to register a 3DS as well.

right, NoA? that's totally what you'll be doing, right?

I don't understand this. You get so many great sales right now due to Smash Bros. I'd much rather get a sale like that than this European promotion. Looking at those $-prices makes me wanna cry as €-citizen.

Ladekabel

Dammit. At first I thought I could finally get Kirby, because I get 2 out of the 3 games required, but then I read I have to register a 3DS, too.

Why you do this to me, Shibata?

Richie

NoA is gonna 1-up this

Register Smash, ORAS, a new Nintendo 3DS, 3DS XL, and a 2DS.

Thanks!

Oh, wanted something in return?

-Horizon-

NoA is gonna 1-up this

Mario Golf, easy

That'd be great. Just like what they did with SMT4 and Fire Emblem would be fine with me.
Having to register a console is lame but I can understand why they're pushing it.

hurzelein

So if I register pokemon from a friend because I bought a 3ds but don't have nor want of the 3 games this is legit? Or will Nintendo somehow register that?

Tizoc

Juuuuust so I don't waste my time
1- If I've ALREADY registered my 3DS long time ago, do I still qualify?
2- How big is A link between worlds?

I hope NoA announces something like this soon...especially since I'm planning on buying 2, maybe 3 XLs for those special editions before the end of the year, and I'd likely buy smash and both pokemon games. I'm what some people would call, a sucker.

Elider

Crayolan

Heads up for people that may have multiple 3DS's and already registered one: you have to make a new club nintendo account for the promotion to work. I tried registering a secondary 3DS to my club nintendo account for the free game promotion last year and ended up getting nothing because I couldn't link the secondary 3DS to my club nintendo account since each club nintendo account can only be linked to 1 3DS at a time. Also once a 3DS is registered it can't be "unregistered" so you can never link it to any Club Nintendo account, making it pretty much worthless for rewards.

Yes, it's as stupid and shitty as it sounds.

Top Bottom