• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FREE Watchmen Movie Tickets with purchase of any "Xbox Live" product @ Best Buy

This might already be well known on GAF, but I didn't see a thread about it. OT leads me to believe we have a bunch of Watchmen fans on the boards so I thought this might be thread worthy.

24zwtqd.jpg

Basically the promotion is that if you purchase an Xbox 360 console or any Xbox Live product you receive a Watchmen movie pack containing a code for two free movie passes (up to $24) and some XBLM junk. It's Hollywood Movie Money, so be sure to check their website to see if your local theaters will honor it. Pretty much everywhere except AMC theaters honor this. This promotion ends the 7th, but I'm assuming most stores only got around 30 of these movie packs so you might want to pounce on this sooner rather than later.

This promotion includes everything from 12+1 month cards, systems, headsets, harddrives, etc. Even 1 Month Xbox Live Gold subscriptions ($7.99) or 1600 MS Points Cards ($19.99).

Lock if old/this is CAG's territory/I'm a shill.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
Do you know if Best Buy will be getting more of these? One of my local Best Buys are already sold out.

DogWelder

Any idea if this is running in Canada? Firestorm, you there??

Btw your Movie Money link just links back to this thread... It's probably my browser.

Call your Best Buy before heading out solely for this, some are holding the Watchmen cases back till Tuesday.

Also for some reason the stylized points cards weren't working at the BB I went to, but the plain jane vanilla ones did.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
BTW, you can use these Watchmen tickets and convert them to $20 fandango bucks. Which is why I kinda want to get some more, lol.

AMC? Fail.

Wario64 said:
BTW, you can use these Watchmen tickets and convert them to $20 fandango bucks. Which is why I kinda want to get some more, lol.

which then can be used to purchase tickets for any theaters? Specifically a Regal IMAX?

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
fistfulofmetal said:
AMC? Fail.

which then can be used to purchase tickets for any theaters? Specifically a Regal IMAX?
If they're under Fandango, yep.

You can only get $20 out of the deal since the tickets only give a $24 value. Plus you get hit with a service charge for buying tickets on Fandango...but you'll still saving a good deal of money

And according to Hollywood Movie Money, Vin Diesel is gonna be in Watchmen along with the Fast & Furious crew.

2ut2dc8.jpg

Alphahawk

If you buy a point card from Best Buy make sure the caheir activates it before you leave. I got an XBL point card that wasn't activated a couple Christmases ago that wasn't so just beware. (This goes for any big retailer such as Kmart, or Walmart also smaller retailers are sent cards that are already activated)

Anyway on topic: cool promotion Best Buy, and a free XBL game that's not crap? Wow.

border

Damn, I was close to a Best Buy today -- wish I'd picked one up. Hopefully they will have some tomorrow.

Wario64

works for Gamestop (lol)
I just realized that the movie pack cases are good for replacement cases since they're the same X360 DVD green cases.

how do you convert the movie money to fandango tickets?

The info on the PDF file acts as a mastercard, it has the zip code, CC #, CID number, etc.

Ponn

Banned
NOICEEEE!! Yea, don't even bother calling, just go to website, they have a nice page setup for this. Just pick from the list of valid xbox live product and add Watchmen movie pack as well at bottom of list and hit add to cart and checkout with both items in cart. The Watchmen pack will be its own thing in cart but will be $0. Wham, Bam all done. Choose store pickup and pick store with both in stock and pick up at your convenience. Really nice. Just ordered a 1 month xbox live card (for E3 and Comic-con weeks) and the movie pack for a grand total of 8.55.

Rlan

If they're doing this, I'm a little surprised they're not selling Watchmen download game tickets like the Grand Theft Auto DLC was.

PSGames

just picked up 7. three 20 point cards and 4 one month cards i wouldve felt too guilty getting any more than that there were about 20 movie packs left.

critch

Banned
Ponn01 said:
NOICEEEE!! Yea, don't even bother calling, just go to website, they have a nice page setup for this. Just pick from the list of valid xbox live product and add Watchmen movie pack as well at bottom of list and hit add to cart and checkout with both items in cart. The Watchmen pack will be its own thing in cart but will be $0. Wham, Bam all done. Choose store pickup and pick store with both in stock and pick up at your convenience. Really nice. Just ordered a 1 month xbox live card (for E3 and Comic-con weeks) and the movie pack for a grand total of 8.55.

I just did this. It's cheaper than a ticket, it's good for TWO TICKETS, and you get a month of live, or whatever. Hell, do it even if you don't have Xbox :-D

SapientWolf

Trucker Sexologist
PSGames said:
just picked up 7. three 20 point cards and 4 one month cards i wouldve felt too guilty getting any more than that there were about 20 movie packs left.
You're going to see The Watchmen 7 times?

PSGames

Wow it worked! Thanks Wario. At first I thought they would mail out the Fandango Bucks, but there's an option to email them instead. So I'm pretty much all set for the year in movie tickets!

Arch

I bought a 360 yesterday at Best Buy. I should be able to go back with my receipt and get one of these, right?

Sean

Banned
Damn, the only decent theaters nearby are AMC ones and of course they're like the only ones who don't accept these.

I suppose I'll give it a shot though if they can be converted to Fandango money (which AMC accepts?)

Has anyone tried to redeem their movie code yet? I tried on Thursday and it said the code was invalid. My guess is that they weren't active yet.

Darkmakaimura

Can You Imagine What SureAI Is Going To Do With Garfield?
Too bad it doesn't count when you buy a game with the Xbox Live logo on it. I was in Best Buy the other day, picked up Prince of Persia, saw these and asked if my purchase qualified for the free tickets. Nay, it did not. :(

Firestorm

1cesc said:
Any idea if this is running in Canada? Firestorm, you there??

Btw your Movie Money link just links back to this thread... It's probably my browser.
Not running afaik. Cineplex is Canada only own every goddamn theatre in the country so I doubt we'd see movie promotions.

Whimsical Phil

Ninja School will help you
PIMPBYBLUD said:
Has anyone tried to redeem their movie code yet? I tried on Thursday and it said the code was invalid. My guess is that they weren't active yet.
I picked up the movie pack today and was able to redeem my movie code with no problems. I believe the promotion officially started today, so the codes probably weren't active until now.

Top Bottom