• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

French prosecutors are investigating World Cup bids for 2018 & 2022 for corruption

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xando

In todays shocking news:

French prosecutors are investigating the bidding process for the 2018 and 2022 World Cups and have questioned former Fifa president Sepp Blatter.

France's National Public Prosecutor's Office began examining the bid to award the tournaments, to Russia and Qatar respectively, last year.

Le Monde reports that prosecutors are looking into allegations of corruption.

The French newspaper also reports that Blatter was spoken to by investigators on Thursday, 20 April "as a witness".
http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/39739512

Maxinas

Nothing is going to happen, at least for the 2018 world cup. I really hope Qatar gets sacked, but probably won't happen either.

I just love how FIFA sanctions Mexico due some yelling the fans say when the other goalkeeper kicks arguing that it's homophobic, but World Cups in anti gay countries like Russia and Qatar are so damn OK.

DECK'ARD

The Amiga Brotherhood
If I made a World Cup bid it would just be an envelope with "I know where the bodies are buried".

0b02128a85d3c8c18caa34e1a11a912f.gif

I just love how FIFA sanctions Mexico due some yelling the fans say when the other goalkeeper kicks arguing that it's homophobic, but World Cups in anti gay countries like Russia and Qatar are so damn OK.
that is so god damn true.
you can't get more homophobic than Qatar... uh maybe Saudi Arabia

jelly

What even happened to the FBI investigation?

I thought that was the only chance of cancelling the Russia and Qatar tournaments.

Are you seriously telling me that Qatar in July is not the best place to hold an outdoor sporting event and something fishy happened?

I'm shocked.

Keep forgetting the World Cup is in Russia next year. Very strange along side the backdrop of all the claims of hacking, Russia destabilizing Europe and America.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom