• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FRIDAYTON: God abandons PS4 as The Great Flood wipes out Sony HQ [Up: Reveal in OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Satchel

Banned
Lol this thread is moving at GDDR5 speed :p
But seriously in their specs sheet it does say "subject to change without notice", that could go both ways no?
Even so they wouldn't have to make an announcement if it was good/bad news.

So I really don't know what the fuss is about...

Well, GDDR speed wouldn't be that fast.

But a lot if us could post at once with no issues!

Amir0x

Banned
mine didn't stop my door, and when i emailed OUYA Support they just snail-mailed me the word diarrhea written misspelled on a napkin.

That's messed up man. It's a truly screwed up world where someone is allowed to release a console that doesn't even have competent door stopping abilities.

I swear this industry is fucked.

Jesus, I walked away from the thread an hour ago and it went from a few pages to this?

Have we learned anything yet, or just shooting the shit?

My guess is it's a behind the scenes story on the decision to go with 8GB of RAM. Of course, that doesn't explain why they need to wait for a statement from Sony...

I'm hoping that the article they run actually is a megaton, revealing that the RAM is downgraded to DDR3/4GB, or that a significant chunk is now reserved for the OS, or basically anything that would derail the good media. Then, right after it goes live, Sony issues the statement they've been preparing which amounts to, "Urr, yeah, all of that information? It's flat out wrong son. We're still keeping the unified 8GB GDDR5, nothing to worry," and absolutely nothing has changed. It'll be the seven/several minutes drama times ten.

Just anxious to see what this is all about. Its probably nothing though. I wouldn't mind witnessing a GAF meltdown if it negatively affects the PS4.

krioto

Well, considering the PS4 is on the verge of being confirmed as cancelled, you could be one of 50 people who have a fragment of the lost console.

Pretty amazing if you think of it that way.

Well, when you put it like that... you're a true humanitarian. I'll put my fragment next to the pair of underpants I swiped from Axl Rose

Proelite

Sony account accidently typed a minus sign on the spec sheets that can't be withdrawn now that the console went through the FCC.

We all have to buy 16GB of GDDR5 so that PS4 can have 8GB to work with.

StoopKid

That's because Verendeus is a PS4

weebay.gif

Duke Togo

All those devs complaining that they didn't know what to do with all that ram...look what you've done! Sony is taking it all away! Fuckin 2 gigs of piss ass ram for us now. I'm going to sacrifice a goat on the lawn of Sony hq for this.

All those devs complaining that they didn't know what to do with all that ram...look what you've done! Sony is taking it all away! Fuckin 2 gigs of piss ass ram for us now. I'm going to sacrifice a goat on the lawn of Sony hq for this.

I will sacrifice a ram.

adixon

PS4 RAM is halved, downgraded to DDR3. GPU is 50% weaker. All consoles will now be sold with the PS Eye. Price increase by $100.

WOW, it only downgrades everything. Preorder cancelled and telling everyone in my family to do the same. Grandma will not be pleased, she really liked the indie policies, luckily Microsoft is doing way better now so I have some good news to soften the blow.

the way i see it:
-they already announced 8GB GDDR5 loud and proud, updated devkits, and we have devs confirming that they are developing with 8GB.
-they put the PS4 through the FCC, which shows the clock frequency, so we know that's sticking.
-they keep opening preorders, so i don't think it's production related.

i REALLY think this is just the "different buses from CPU and GPU" thing, and this guy is trying to turn this into some kind of controversial deal. there's no way in hell it's going to get bumped back down to 4GB, and i think significantly increasing the OS footprint is unlikely too.

it's going to be something trivial. he said he read a tech article and sony is releasing a statement? wha?

4lejandro

ok... as a native spanish speaker, not having read the original tweet (at work, can't view some pictures) I can say this:

1.- Maybe they will post a technical article detailing the process that got us from 2 GB (original specs) to 8 GB, and the risk that Sony took and the developers ultimatums and shit (8 GB or bust!), it definitely got them a fuckton of clicks and the internet broke loose with speculation.

2.- It's just a rumour, just like the Xbox One's about bad yields and trouble with ESRAM, they are waiting for Sony's confirmation or denial (so and so doesn't respond to rumour and speculations...), either way the internet goes apeshit.

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
The only thing that makes me a bit nervous about this is that Shahid made a comment about work today being emotional. Still if no one else is talking, including the main DF site, it probably isn't big. Sony's statement could be just to clear up a misunderstanding or something,

the way i see it:
-they already announced 8GB GDDR5 loud and proud, updated devkits, and we have devs confirming that they are developing with 8GB.
-they put the PS4 through the FCC, which shows the clock frequency, so we know that's sticking.
-they keep opening preorders, so i don't think it's production related.

i REALLY think this is just the "different buses from CPU and GPU" thing, and this guy is trying to turn this into some kind of controversial deal. there's no way in hell it's going to get bumped back down to 4GB, and i think significantly increasing the OS footprint is unlikely too.

it's going to be something trivial. he said he read a tech article and sony is releasing a statement? wha?

More logic. Too much for this thread.

zorbsie

PS4 ram is now the cloud. BOOK IT!

Still find it silly that everyone is going crazy about an article that hasn't been released and we don't know the information in it.

The only thing that makes me a bit nervous about this is that Shahid made a comment about work today being emotional. Still if no one else is talking, including the main DF site, it probably isn't big. Sony's statement could be just to clear up a misunderstanding or something,
He's always emotional. And its always about the vita

Cbajd5

all sitting on a street corner, bartering with 49 game starved PS4 sharers desperate for a controller

'it'll be all right, mates. all you need to do for me is a little manual labor. Has a few years in a coal mine ever hurt anybody?'

That's too simple, instead it'll be a much more complicated plan of tricking everyone out of one part of their ownership by promising they'd get to borrow the controller first and then just taking the system once I held majority ownership.

Although now that's ruined because I just explained it, so instead everyone's going to the real Silent Hill and getting me some cool pictures instead. Also they can mine there too, in that fire that will burn for a few centuries.

J-Rzez

Mark Cerny checked his email and saw today's shell shocker from new egg had gddr5 on sale 50% off and said "oh sheiiiit bitches, let's do it up, 16 giggers of ramming for their mothers".

Cornbread78

the thread that keeps on giving..

btw, my mole said ya'll are funny, they are just going to drop the price another $50 for everyone...

I'm getting a free one now anyway, thanks Ver...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom