• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

friendly reminder: this is a slide from Nintendo's E3 2003 conference

Liamario

Banned
I find it so embarrassing that there is so much cheering going on over something like a showreel. Obviously, the room is full of hardcore nintendo fans who'll cheer at anything. (except cammie dunaway of course)

Nibel

01sKxSb.jpg

Nintendo went all out at E3 2003... too bad nothing could topple Grand Theft Auto + PS2 DVD

MGS + RE + 2 other Capcom games + Namco-developed Starfox + Link in SC II + MP2 + GBA connectivity (when the GBA was a really hot platform too) + FF CC + MK + all out full EA support + 149 price and a free game (at one point it was half the price of competitors)

I wonder how things would be different if Rockstar / DMA Design and Nintendo didn't have a fall out in terms of their relationship, Sony didn't score the exclusivity window in early 2002, and GTA came out for the Gamecube with some added GBA connectivity... hmm

Looking at the situation today, I'm not even sure if Nintendo could get this kind of support for E3 2013 if they handed money out on a silver platter - they are truly going to have to focus on really unique games and hope to land the next big hit

They probably couldn't. I think they've eroded their relationship with third parties too much to change things over night. I'm not even sure what it would take to get the likes of id and Rockstar back on board like they were with the N64 (which gave us their best games).

Nibel

Retro already said they don't have such things as a marketing department or community managers etc.; they said this in an email to Ubermatik (GAF member)

Basically, they don't give a F and develop their games

Salsa

Is that were you found the Dark Souls pic for the 2013 setup thread too?

cant remember, probably

do you really think I was trying to pass up that picture as mine?

what are you some kind of GAF detective? everything that gets posted here is from the internet dude. Congrats on figuring it out

you could have sent me a pm asking that

Jive Turkey

Unconfirmed Member
I had to do a doubletake at the year. I was positive it read 1993 the first time.

The only thing that video did for me was remind me I never bought a Game Boy Player. :(

Top Bottom