• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

From the AP - Kusher: I didn't read Donald Jr's email chain

rjinaz

According to him, this is what he did during the infamous Don Jr. meeting. Funniest thing I've read all day:

Must have been a pretty crap meeting!

Some more gems:

Lol these guys are hilarious. 10 minutes in a meeting and they wanted to bail like the place was on fire. Texting people to get them out of there. These people have to be used to boring meetings, not just the administration stuff, but running their businesses stuff. I could understand an hour maybe but 10 minutes isn't even remotely believable. They are so full of shit.

Oh and I guess we're not supposed to care that they showed up in the first place, because you know it was boring and they didn't get the Russia help they wanted.

Maledict

I know that but he probably dislikes kushner more because he isn't a trump

That doesn't seem to be the case. Kushner and Ivanka are the two family members closest to him and most involved with things. He seems to see Kushner as a 'mini me', with the bonus of being married to Ivanka.

3rdman

"I've got nothing to hide so I will voluntarily testify...behind closed doors and not under oath...I've got nothing to hide!"

Ouroboros

Senate : Why didn't you read Don Jr's email? You say you didn't even see it in your inbox?

Kush : I have all of Jr's emails go to my Spam folder.

And he didn't read the email subject line either? But he did show up to the meeting...

Of all the people involved in this mess I hope Kushner will serve the longest time in prison.
I dunno. Guys like Stone and Manafort are bigger problems that are behind the dangerous hard right turn of the Republican Party over the last three decades.

How every Russian meeting ended:

maxresdefault.jpg

ZealousD

Makes world leading predictions like "The sun will rise tomorrow"
It's actually pretty easy to accept meeting invites without looking into the full content of the meeting beforehand.

Kushner shouldn't have missed that subject line, though.

mnannola

So he wants everyone to know he didn't read the email, but why? I thought meeting with Russians about Hillary during the campaign wasn't bad at all.

You can't play both the "I didn't know" and the "it wasn't bad" cards at the same time. Pick one.

NewFresh

It's actually pretty easy to accept meeting invites without looking into the full content of the meeting beforehand.

Kushner shouldn't have missed that subject line, though.

Yeah, when they are random meetings throughout the day.

But you get a meeting invite from the Presidential Candidates Son called "Russia-Clinton", you don't click either before or after accepting? You're either lying or you've had so many of those meetings they are now a regular occurrence.

Yet you attended the meeting. You're telling the world you attended a potentially very important meeting without knowing anything about who you were meeting with or what the meeting was about?

So he wants everyone to know he didn't read the email, but why? I thought meeting with Russians about Hillary during the campaign wasn't bad at all.

You can't play both the "I didn't know" and the "it wasn't bad" cards at the same time. Pick one.

Yeah; an obvious followup would be: "If you had read the whole thread, would it have been inappropriate for you to attend?," or "Was it inappropriate for Don Jr. to set this up?"

MrKaepora

According to him, this is what he did during the infamous Don Jr. meeting. Funniest thing I've read all day:

Must have been a pretty crap meeting!

Some more gems:
This is the guy who they put in charge of finding a solution for the Middle East.

Jesus.

Brandon F

Well congratulations! You got yourself caught!
In starting to get the feeling these two may not be very forthright with their answers.

Akuun

Looking for meaning in GAF
This is the guy who they put in charge of finding a solution for the Middle East.

Jesus.
Along with the Middle East thing, I'm pretty sure Trump has tasked Kushner with solving at least a dozen other incredibly complicated issues because Trump himself doesn't want to deal with them.

Sulik2

In before they analyze the exchange logs and find he did read it. Kushner probably doesn't realize you can check that.

In before they analyze the exchange logs and find he did read it. Kushner probably doesn't realize you can check that.

De MO of the IC so far has been to let these traitors deny and make up excuses for one leak and as soon as they do, undermining these dodges with the next leak.

I'm sure we'll know more in a few weeks.

I know that but he probably dislikes kushner more because he isn't a trump

Seems pretty clear he treats Kushner more like a son than his actual son, and least publicly. He's given him a lot of responsibilities and clearly thinks he's capable, unlike junior.

Top Bottom