• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

FTTP: "Travelers", a time travel drama with a twist by Brad Wright (Stargate shows).

Status
Not open for further replies.

krae_man

I just watched the Pilot yesterday.

Very impressed. Going to try and be all caught up for when season 2 starts in a couple weeks.

Colonel Chekov speaking with an American accent freaked me the fuck out.

Also I didn't recognize Dr Frasier with long hair at first.

-Deimos

I just watched the Pilot yesterday.

Very impressed. Going to try and be all caught up for when season 2 starts in a couple weeks.

Colonel Chekov speaking with an American accent freaked me the fuck out.

Also I didn't recognize Dr Frasier with long hair at first.
If you were impressed by the pilot then you're going to love the rest of the season.

Yeah, I thought this was surprisingly good. I love time travel stories and doubly so when the creators apply even a modicum of thought towards the concept so this was pretty much right up my alley.

And Grace better not be dead, she was my favorite character and Jennifer Spence was perfect.

This was definitely one of the smartest moves the creators made, it made the characters feel like 'people' and not 'heroes', it gave a lot of color to the world, and allowed the bigger picture story to be kept hidden from the audience without it feeling like a cheat('cause the characters themselves don't have the whole picture).
This show is incredibly clever with its tracking of human history all while steering clear of historical figures.

Timeless is a similar show although they go down the famous person of the week route with a dash of Quantum Leap with Doctor Who splashed in. Equally impressive in how it tracks changes in the timeline as the story progresses.

This show is incredibly clever with its tracking of human history all while steering clear of historical figures.

Timeless is a similar show although they go down the famous person of the week route with a dash of Quantum Leap with Doctor Who splashed in. Equally impressive in how it tracks changes in the timeline as the story progresses.

I'm so glad that Timeless is getting a half a season to wrap up the story. It almost got cancelled and my streak continued.

Every time I like a new network sci-fi show it ends up getting cancelled on a cliffhanger.

I'm so glad that Timeless is getting a half a season to wrap up the story. It almost got cancelled and my streak continued.

Every time I like a new network sci-fi show it ends up getting cancelled on a cliffhanger.

Does Timeless has a connected plot or it gets episodic?

I am not feeling Expanse s2 I might need a new scifi show soon.

KarmaCow

I just finished the first season and ended up liking it way more than I expected when I first started. I was worried it was going to gloss over the more messy details of the frankly horrific process of overwriting a person's mind but the latter half tackled it better. I love things like the
Director being an AI, it both explains a lot of the behaviour and rules while also opening up more questions
. I still have a few quibbles, both logistical and characters ones like everything with David and Marcy is inherently disturbing to me. Marcy's angle makes some sense both in terms her using David and growing attached to him but I can't get David continuing the relationship even they tried their best to not make it morally awful.

In terms of logistical ones, a couple things I don't get.

Why did the senior citizen suicide squad not shoot to kill? It let to a great scene at the end, even if it didn't really make sense but it's such a bizarre moment. The army guys were dead either way.

How did the Marcy overwrite work? From what I understand, they left a message in the Traveller BBS so that in the future when the Director reads it, it would tell them how to properly repackage her consciousness to fit her host's underdeveloped brain. Wouldn't that mean any traveller deaths are kinda moot? Sure they lose the knowledge they picked up in the past but they could just send them again to another host. Misfirings also seem like not big deal in light of that. Why are there teams that continue with gaps after one of their team members die?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom