• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fuck video games, man.

That’s life and it’s the same with every hobby. Everything takes a back seat once you have responsibilities.

Unless you hit it lucky and get to make money from your hobby.

sotojuan

Same boat.

28. Dad to a 3 year old daughter and a 1 year old son. Husband. Full time job.

I buy buy buy, but rarely get to play play play.

If a game is good enough, I WILL find the time. BOTW was the last time this occurred.

Any reason you can just buy less games? I know it's easier said than done, but it's probably the most important thing I've done recently. I buy maybe ~10 games a year, if that.

Kenji17

Banned
videogamesman_zpsvhwgwsyx.png

For the OP, I also had a pretty shitty childhood so gaming has always been an escape for me as well. I've put together quite the collection over the years as well and as a working parent, with a fiance, who holds down 2 jobs and does graphic design on the side at the age of 37, I may not have the time I used too for gaming either but you work hard and take the time to play hard (when you can) otherwise life becomes a real grind. Don't let go of gaming just yet, the priorities for your time may change but gaming is something you can always come back too with through a rejuvenated perspective.

just organize your time

we all have responsibilities and cannot play video games all day long like we used to

you can't play all the game, even if you have the money, you probably won't have the time

play what you think looks very interesting, don't just play every game that gets overhyped, especially in Gaf, those guys overhype some games that i would describe as the worst i have ever played

My issue is not FINDING the time, its GIVING it time. If I'm sitting engaged in game and disengaging with my surroundings, I feel utterly guilty, I could be doing so many other things productive and games are so engaging I can't usually multi-task with them either.

So idling sitting on the internet and my phone for 3 hours for some reason feels like a less engaged process and thus I feel less guilty? It's completely stupid, wish I could just turn off my brain like when I was a teen and just get invested into these awesome titles.

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
One thing about my coworkers that drives me up a wall is that they'll sit there buying games online, have them sent to their work, and then we'll have a discussion about what's coming out. Sounds pretty good right?

Well the next conversation is when I ask them if they played a certain game and all I hear is, "I don't have time for video games man". This happens on more than one occasion. Then I ask what they played and they'll say they "only have a couple hours for multiplayer" or "I beat Zelda BotW and the DLC". I mean what? One of them even finished Twilight Princess and Windwaker HD. The same person is on Heroes of the Storm almost every night.

A couple hours and a handful of games? It's like they are embarrassed about playing games they had to say something when I casually talk about what's coming out or when I ask if they played anything.

I don't get it. My wife says Video games can wait because of her schedule, but she's about to Platinum Assassin's Creed Origins. She also beat Horizon Zero Dawn and she got the legendary armor.

It sounds like no one wants to just take time to prioritize gaming or the idea of just making it work.

I'll switch over to my JRPG's on my phone or Vita. I just make it work.

Paasei

Amazing post, this is NeoGaf alright.

I never understood the not having time for, in this instance, gaming. I go to work, do groceries, go play ice hockey 3 times a week and go out often enough to catch up with friends etc. Yet there's always time to game at least 2 hours or more a day. I guess it's an art to just take the time for it.

Top Bottom