• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Full list of games you own which you believe you have an obligation to complete, ranked.

I know for some superhuman gamers out there this thread is unapplicable. They don't buy new games until they've beat the one's they're already on, or else they don't buy games unless they're sure they'll be good enough for completion...

But I'm not one of them, I am one of those people who simply habitually snaps up any and every highly rated/nostalgic title I find on steam, gog, ps store, whatever. As such it would probably be THERAPUTIC for me to list all the fucking titles I've blown money on without completing to date.

You too, perhaps?

Let's make it interesting, give some notional ranking of importance and pressure to complete.

I've played all of these a bit but have never buckled down to complete them to date.

* = rated as very important to complete

>inhales deeply<

Assassins' Creed Black Flag
Assassins' Creed Origins*
Assassins' Creed Odyssey*
DOOM 2016
Hitman 2
Red Dead Redemption 2*
Jedi Fallen Order*
Borderlands
Borderlands 2
Bioshock Infinite (why is that elevator so much harder than everything before it?)*
Crysis 3
Dishonored 2*
Divinity OS
Divinity OS 2*
Dragon Age: Origins
Dragon Age: Inquisiton
Dungeon Siege (I've been stuck at a point where my characters just become too underpowered to progress quicly for almost 20 years)
GTA 4
GTA 5
GTA San Andreas (closest I ever got, something bugged out around the time of the third city and I just couldn't go on)
Kingdoms of Amlaur: Reckoning
Metro 2033 Redux, and sundry
Middle-Earth: Shadow of Nantoka
Sleeping Dogs (true crime spiritual successor? I'm there)
Tales of Symphonia (started it as a teen, loved every second of it, never had the time to finish it)
Thief Deadly Shadows (ran out of time to devote to it when I found WoW and Rome: Total War)
The Witcher 2. It is gorgeous, it is fantastic, it is gigantic, and I've never finished it. Completed Witcher 3 many times over so I'm not sure I can dial back my gameplay expectations.
(gog.com)
Hellblade: Senua's Sacrifice
Pathfinder Kingmaker
Styx Shards of Darkness
Ground Control 2 (huge acolyte of this series, again it just lost out to WoW in the free time stakes)
(origin)
SW Battlefront 2
(blizzard)
Starcraft 2 Zerg + Protoss campaigns*

PSVita(+PSP, PS1)

Persona 4 golden*
Jet Set Radio
FFX HD
Killzone Mercenary
Uncharted: Golden Abysss
Gravity Rush
Ninja Gaiden Sigma Plus*
Velocity 2X
Rayman Origins
Tearaway
Muramasa Rebirth
Final Fantasy Tactics: War of the Lions
God of War Ghost of Sparta
Valkyria Chronicles 2*
Metal Gear Solid: Peace Walker*
Catlevania: Symphony of the Night
Disney Pixar Toy Story 2
Disney Hercules

Last edited:
It's not my fault my appetite for buying games is bigger than my actual hunger.
Also I've been taught to eat until I'm not hungry anymore, not until everything is eaten. That's for americans.

BlackTron

I'm an opportunist. If a game has a good reputation and I see it at a good price, I'll grab it. Lately there have been MANY chances to get cheap games and my already long backlog is getting longer. I won't try to list them all, but I've barely scratched the surface of Witcher 3, Divinity OS2, Dark Souls 3, Monster Hunter World, and Titanfall 2. And that's just a few games I'm getting intimidated.

I'm always playing Starcraft and Overwatch and like one more game. Right now it's Doom 2016 so I can move on to the sequel.

Top Bottom