• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funko |OT| Once you Pop, the fun don't stop

Shauni

I'm burnout of Batman and all, but I have to admit, I really loved this month's Legion box. The Mr Freeze Pop is great, and I usually don't care for the Dorbz, but this one is pretty cool. Patch and pin is cool, shirt is alright. This and and the last one were a step up. Makes me have a sinking feeling they'll just shit out the next one lol

Why was nearly EVERYTHING Spider-Man exclusive at some point? Like going back through to get Venom and Carnage and Iron Spider and 2099 and Anti-Venom and Stealth Suit. Like. C'mon. This is obnoxious.

Zero315

Banned
Yeah, I got my LoC box today and I have to agree, as burned out as I am on Bat stuff it's pretty a pretty good box.

The next theme is DC's Most Wanted and the teaser image image is half Batverse villains... I really hope there aren't any in the box considering they had an entire box dedicated to them already.

CorrisD

badchoiceboobies
In the 3 months since I first posted in this topic about how annoying it was that I missed out on getting a Mass Effect Tali pop without having to pay £100, and being at 0 collected and that I missed so many cool ones over the years between the wife and I are currently on 38 Pop Vinyls and 14 Mystery Vinyls between us, though mostly mine.

Once you pop you can't stop as the pringles adverts say.

I wandered into Forbidden Planet after pay day, and what was going to be just me buying Liberty Prime and Dogmeat, turned into Balrog, Saruman, Nazgul after they just opened their delivery. Along with Liberty Prime with a Harry Potter one for the wife who I buy one for when getting a bunch for myself. Then I notice the Blue Ranger is only £5 on Amazon but as an add-on item, and the Black Ranger is only £7, so I make up the rest with Alduin who was going for £12 and Dogmeat on top to push it over £20.

This stuff is annoyingly addictive, I've got a nice Google Drive spreadsheets of them all to make sure I don't lose track of what I do and don't have.

Still annoyed that I can't get hold of a Tali that isn't ridiculously expensive though. I'm also super jealous of you guys in the US who can walk into so many shops and pick up rare ones and chase versions.

I'm also super jealous of you guys in the US who can walk into so many shops and pick up rare ones and chase versions.
There are a lot of stores here that carry them, but it's mostly the same junk. Exclusives usually get bought up by hardcore collectors or scalpers the day they come out. I've still never seen a chase of any kind in person.

There are a lot of stores here that carry them, but it's mostly the same junk. Exclusives usually get bought up by hardcore collectors or scalpers the day they come out. I've still never seen a chase of any kind in person.

I saw a Reptar chase at a games store in downtown Indy. The store was starting to price its chases at PPG because the same set of dudes were coming in weekly and buying up all the chases and exclusives.

More Inhumans Pops.

jpeg

jpeg

jpeg

Drayco21

Why was nearly EVERYTHING Spider-Man exclusive at some point? Like going back through to get Venom and Carnage and Iron Spider and 2099 and Anti-Venom and Stealth Suit. Like. C'mon. This is obnoxious.

I feel like there's just not that many comic based commons for Marvel. It's almost all MCU shit, and comics stuff gets Wallgreens waves or Previews figures or what have you, with a few occasional exceptions.

Zero315

Banned
That Medusa actually looks pretty good. Shame the show version doesn't look anything like that.

They opened a Box Lunch in my local mall, R.I.P. my wallet. T.T

Also my Shenron just shipped out from galactic toys.

Shauni

I feel like following Pops can such a pain in the ass sometimes, is it just me? Like I follow the reddit Funko Pop and check the blog on the main website semi-regularly, and I had no idea that Hot Topic had a Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black Pop figure until a day ago when it was already sold out. Like, what the hell? Do they just sneak this shit out or something, or is there just such a glut of news that it's impossible to follow it all? Thankfully, it wasn't too hard to get from eBay without much of a price hike, but damn.

I feel like following Pops can such a pain in the ass sometimes, is it just me? Like I follow the reddit Funko Pop and check the blog on the main website semi-regularly, and I had no idea that Hot Topic had a Super Saiyan Rose Goku Black Pop figure until a day ago when it was already sold out. Like, what the hell? Do they just sneak this shit out or something, or is there just such a glut of news that it's impossible to follow it all? Thankfully, it wasn't too hard to get from eBay without much of a price hike, but damn.

there is a ton of news, and if you arent following it almost every day you will get lost. Like, with that goku I dont remember for sure if Funko themselves announced it. The marketing person for Hot topic does a stream on periscope every week on wednesdays where she shows upcoming items. She showed it on there.

Zero315

Banned
Looks like the SDCC shared locations are starting to leak.

Apparently Toys R Us is getting Ares, the Wonder Woman Dorbz, Bruce Wayne, and Tinkles/Ghost in a Jar.

FYE is probably getting Chip & Dale, Wonder Twins 3 pack, and the Betty and Wilma Rock Candy. Not surprised about Betty and Wilma since they popped up in FYE's system way before they were announced.

Apparently the Twin Peaks 2 pack has been seen in Box Lunch stockrooms and Occamy in Hot Topic stockrooms.

These are rumors, but the TRU and FYE ones are coming from internal listings, so I feel pretty confident in those.

Bugs Bunny and Mr. Hyde 2 pack will be at Toy Tokyo, they posted it on Instagram... good luck with that. EDIT: Apparently they're getting the Skeletor/Panthor Dorbz Ride as well.

Shauni

Looks like the SDCC shared locations are starting to leak.

Apparently Toys R Us is getting Ares, the Wonder Woman Dorbz, Bruce Wayne, and Tinkles/Ghost in a Jar.

FYE is probably getting Chip & Dale, Wonder Twins 3 pack, and the Betty and Wilma Rock Candy. Not surprised about Betty and Wilma since they popped up in FYE's system way before they were announced.

Apparently the Twin Peaks 2 pack has been seen in Box Lunch stockrooms and Occamy in Hot Topic stockrooms.

These are rumors, but the TRU and FYE ones are coming from internal listings, so I feel pretty confident in those.

Bugs Bunny and Mr. Hyde 2 pack will be at Toy Tokyo, they posted it on Instagram... good luck with that. EDIT: Apparently they're getting the Skeletor/Panthor Dorbz Ride as well.

What is Box Lunch?

Zero315

Banned
Hot Topic 2.0

It's like Hot Topic but without the angst.

Pretty much, I think they're owned by Hot Topic.

Box Lunch:
BoxLunch is a civic-minded web + brick and mortar based specialty retailer offering a curated collection of licensed and non-licensed merchandise. With every $10 spent on our pop culture-themed product offering of apparel, accessories, home goods, gift and novelty, and collectibles, BoxLunch will help provide a meal secured by Feeding America® on behalf of local member food banks.

One just opened here.

Edit:
A friend of mine told me that Box Lunch is more expensive, but proceeds go to charity, so take that as you will.

They have about the same prices as Hot Topic.

calaveraxo

Neo Member
I used to use the reddit a lot but it got to be kinda overwhelming. I follow a couple funko enthusiasts on instagram and it's made keeping up with new so much easier.

yeah, box lunch is a pretty cool store. But it can be pretty pricey. i dont think I have seen a shirt in there for under $40. But on the flip side, their pops are less than hot topic.Their pop selection is pretty low, but they have had a few exclusives before. This is looking like an easy year for me so far.

Twin peaks-box lunch
Snoke- Amazon
Steve-hot topic
Mr Clarke-?
Clara-hot topic

Mr toad and jolly roger-im fucked

hot topic and box lunch are literally next door to each other in my local mall

Zero315

Banned
But on the flip side, their pops are less than hot topic.Their pop selection is pretty low, but they have had a few exclusives before.

hot topic and box lunch are literally next door to each other in my local mall

They're almost almost directly across from each other in my mall. Maybe it's because the one here just opened but they seemed to have more pops than Hot Topic. Like a big wall with a bunch of shelves filled with them as well as certain series pops with their section of merchandise (Harry Potter pops with the Harry Potter stuff, anime pops with the anime stuff, etc.).

Drayco21

Guys, I just found out this exists. Its Hot Topic exclusive. Can anyone (freeza?) tell me if they have seen it in store or am I safer ordering it online? Don't want to miss it.

When you don't want to miss a Pop, never hesitate to order/pre-order online. Hot Topic is especially notorious for employees not putting out exclusives/chases to sell to themselves for scalping or to friends, and people hit physical locations in a lot of places hard when an exclusive is coming.

this needs to stop. Why do they give something like this to a company that basically has no rules against anything. Employees can take them, people can buy multiple, pretty much anything goes.

7uuaei5.jpg

Zero315

Banned
this needs to stop. Why do they give something like this to a company that basically has no rules against anything. Employees can take them, people can buy multiple, pretty much anything goes.

Ugh, fuck, I didn't even see those. Yeah, an exclusive with a chase at Target... more that I want but will never even see.

7uuaei5.jpg

Because Target gives them a retail presence that few other retailers of that size can. POPs are everywhere at Target (they just all suck).

Shauni

So Target is impossible to get exclusives from then? Would like to get the twins, but not going to pay out the ass for them or anything.

Milly79

So Target is impossible to get exclusives from then? Would like to get the twins, but not going to pay out the ass for them or anything.

It depends... Holo QGJ was hard as hell to find, yes. Lightning McQueen was in stores forever with extra stock and it seems the SM/IM double pack that is out now is basically the same way.

Top Bottom