• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Funky Kong confirmed for Donkey Kong Country: Tropical Freeze

punk ass Funky Kong got nothin' on Thrilla Gorilla

QhkiB3E.jpg

Well someone had to run the shop now, it would make sense if it was a flying shop seeing as you jump between islands and the whole Funky's Flights thing.

remember when funky kong got on some weird survivalist paramilitary kick and started selling guns
The main thing that got me about this was the way he just went full on man child and started making machine gun noises while waving his arms around, I think he lost his mind due to conspiracy theories or something.

Sold handguns to a kid, truly the most edgy of Kong's.
This is funnier when I recall early screens of DK64 had the guns looking realistic instead of cartoony wooden weapons that shot fruit.

Yeah! A character selling stuff! Packed!

Of course, that shop is packed with goods he has to shift.

Aw. I was hoping Cranky would still do the shop. I loved his humor in DKCR.

Have you played the Donkey Kong Countrys of way back???

Cranky had much more personality then.

I wish Retro would do more with him but otherwise, Returns was my favorite game of that year and this one looks topnotch as well.

Wow Funky kong selling in the shop instead of Cranky?
Who would have thought of that?! What a surprise!
SMH
I still give 0 fucks as the only thing that would surprise me right now is king k rool as the secret boss.

Lijik

Wow Funky kong selling in the shop instead of Cranky?
Who would have thought of that?! What a surprise!
SMH
I still give 0 fucks as the only thing that would surprise me right now is king k rool as the secret boss.

For a game you supposedly give 0 fucks about, you sure love posting in literally every thread about it.

DrZeus

Doyouevenliftbro Kong!

This game looks awesome from a gameplay and an aesthetic point of view. These cringe worthy reveals are just icing lol.

Agreed he looked better in DKCR2 as well haha.

I'm just throwing it out there: It looks like he's heading to a pride parade in that outfit.
Not that there's anything wrong with that, of course.

mantidor

Everyone in the Kong family is so tacky, I love it. The female Kong in 64 with the enormous tits was so absurd haha

It seems the game runs in 1080p and the whole soundtrack was composed from Wise.
http://www.go nintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=219120

So goes my short lived Yamamoto theory for that ice stage theme. I'm not sure how I feel about this as I was all for him having some presence of the soundtrack as well.
Regardless i'm all for a full on Wise soundtrack.

The guy wears sunglasses indoors.

POSER.
He has to hide his bloodshot eyes gained from too much Funky antics whatever that entails.

javac

Fuck my main man representing in this game? Get out of here! For real? Oh shit Gonna get my funk on! Me and funky go waaay back.

Top Bottom