• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Furi Review thread (Free Game For PS+ Members)

Ramenman

I've been excited ever since I saw the "entire bossfight" vid they published on youtube.

It look dynamic, full of atmosphere + with this "weird-looking chara-design thing" sort of a mix between El Shaddai and No More Heroes.

And the mix of melee + bullet hell shoot + evolving arena/fight looked like potential. Glad to see it's getting rather good reviews all round.

Fbh

Looks awesome. Ps+ has been decent in recent months , but this is the first Ps+ game since rocket league that I'm truly hyped about. It's always nice to be surprised by a game you never heard before from a dev you never heard before

In all seriousness, it doesn't appeal to me like 90% of indies don't.

So most of the time, your indie statement holds true for me.

To be fair. I don't care about 90% of indies either.

But every now and the there are some great ones like Transistor, Shovel Knight, Rocket League or The Swapper. And from the trailers it looks like this will be one of those indies that I end up loving

I'll keep my hype in checked, well no hype now but it may not be that great (haven't seen more than the trailer)

Will play it and see how it feels though

Demoskinos

Did not expect much out of this game but then I saw Brad Shoemaker play it on UPF and yeah this game looks real solid.

WITHE1982

Dayum-Five-Guys-Reaction.gif

Not familiar with Danger but my God that track is pure gold.

I really hope they sell the soundtrack on PSN. I'll not hesitate for one second.

Alienous

Of all the indie games, certainly of this year, this is the one I've felt most inclined to buy. And I'm getting it with PS Plus.

I hope it works out for them. It works out for me.

Gbraga

Given the devs don't mention Nier as an inspiration but seem to love Platinum, I bet they're pretty excited about Automata :D

This game looks amazing, I'll use my remaining PS Plus days as an extended demo for it, I guess, and buy it on Steam if I enjoy it.

gbland

I like the positive reviews behind this game! I would've never gotten it if it wasn't a ps+ game, but now I can't wait to play it.

Mupod

whoa whoa boss rush game that has a specific callout to Treasure?

I guess as that guy who's been clamoring for more games like Alien Soldier I'd be a hypocrite if I didn't give this a shot.

Indelible

This is exactly the type of free game I want from PS Plus, not something I would buy myself but definitely unique enough to play through.

JPS Kai

My review's a little behind schedule (since I thought embargo was tomorrow. oops!) but I'm really digging it. Aside from user error (usually miscalculating how far my dash actually is), the fights have been challenging in just the right ways.

Here's a little trophy tip since I was the only person to do it so far:

On the first phase of
The Line (aka Old Man), you can break all of his shields. I recommend standing on either side of that spiral mark to the south and aim straight up. The trick is to aim to either side of The Line, as one hit will knock him into the next phase and negate the trophy.

Corpekata

Banned
Was considering just snagging on PC for the convenience factor even with Plus, but at 25 bucks not sure I'll bite and just play it on PS4.

Huh, I hadn't heard about this either and this looks almost exactly like what I wanted out of Hyper Light Drifter, combat-wise. Wow, can't wait to play.

Corpekata

Banned
Game's pretty great so far. Anyone doing an OT?

They clearly loved Revengeance, and they cribbed one thing I hate from Platinum games, the "wiggle analog sticks to get out of a grab/daze" thing.

The story, world, etc have that sort of weirdness that remind me a bit of ACE Team's stuff.

Downloaded this on PS Plus this morning.

Cleared the first two boss encounters, and this game is legit. Badass electro-synth soundtrack, quirky character design, a cool clean art style and simple yet hard to master gameplay.

The game seems ridiculously hard until you find your rhythm and work out how to best approach a fight, then it eases up a bit.

First impressions - fun, challenging and brilliantly stylish.

Lord Phol

Wut, free for ps+ owners? That's awesome! Been looking forward to this game for awhile. If it's good and available for steam I might buy it there as well.

Vire

Cool, finally a decent PS+ offering.

Gameplay mechanics are pretty remenicient of Hyper Light Drifter, but seems cool nonetheless.

Anung

Un Rama
Enjoying this so far. The art style is really nice and the combination of schmup and stylish action is fun. Not a big fan of the walking sections but I understand you need to have that down time after a 20 minute boss. This game is so hectic and the bosses so long form that playing this for a prolonged time is too stressful.

Soundtrack is the highlight. Loads of great tracks from Carpenter Brut and Danger that help both make the bosses pulse pouding and help get you lost in the fight. Game would definitely be worse off without it.

grimmiq

While I enjoy the art and the mechanics, I'm not a fan of 20 minute boss fights. I'm only at the 2nd boss but it seems the goal is to figure out the melee timings, get a perfect parry and move on to the next phase's melee timing. As for the wiggle the analog sticks, what worked for me was just to move my hand so that both sticks are touching my palm and just move my hand left/right, breaks the dizzy almost instantly.

Top Bottom