• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Futurama Worlds of Tomorrow Launched on Android/iOS to come Tomorrow

StillEdge

The microtransactions are trash. I used to be huge on the Family Guy one when it first came out. I was able to get a ton of premium characters for free because it had a lot of ways to earn their currency. I don't see any decent earnings other than watching 3 minutes worth of ads every day. I think that special Nixon character is priced at $10 right now for this weekend only. Which seems like way too much for an app. I stopped playing Family Guy because I couldn't keep up with my 60 hour work weeks. I like this one so far because there will be a lot to do when I actually start making money.

UltraJay

This isn't a game you play non-stop, your assign missions then come back later. I actually like some choices made here compared to Avengers Academy as that game made me upset that premium characters from past events have such large coin amounts to upgrade them whereas the free ones eventually get drops.

The mission structure is a nice change of pace from AA's watching a battle play out and hope you get first attacks in.

Getting pizza from 100 percent completion of missions is nice but that is only a finite amount. There may be some from daily logins but AA allows you to get 30 a day from watching ads.

krae_man

Man this is so slow. I've spent 2 days
recruiting Scruffy.

This took way longer then Fry's robot body.

Paying for timers is never something that interests me. I don't understand why people do it.

recruiting Scruffy.

Paying for timers is never something that interests me. I don't understand why people do it.
Seriously. Getting anything done is a crawl. And all the timers are different. It's not like everybody is on a neat 4 hours, I have people on 1, 2, and 4 hour tasks just to achieve one thing which is super tedious.

recruiting Scruffy.

Yeah. It gets even worse. For Kif, two of the items are on 8 hour timers(3 each), and they're rare. So that's 24h min, if you get lucky on the drops. That's on top of the 6 hours it takes to clear his area of hypnowaves. I can't imagine how bad Leela will be. On top of that I need URL(police officer) to progress further in space, but I don't even have a quest for him yet.

Ths real kicker for me is forcing you to upgrade each character, instead of just the classes. Time on top of money on top of time.

marmoka

Banned
So the game is not worth then?

I wanted to download it but I have no room for more apps in my phone. I could remove Game Of Drones, but don't want to, it's perfect to play on the subway, or when you are waiting for something/someone.

With those trailers they made, I hope they announce a comeback soon. I don't see the point on doing such animated trailers and reuniting all voice actor just because of a mobile game.

And what we all need, is a Futurama x Metroid crossover. That would work.

BLAUcopter

Gold Member
So the game is not worth then?

I wanted to download it but I have no room for more apps in my phone. I could remove Game Of Drones, but don't want to, it's perfect to play on the subway, or when you are waiting for something/someone.

With those trailers they made, I hope they announce a comeback soon. I don't see the point on doing such animated trailers and reuniting all voice actor just because of a mobile game.

And what we all need, is a Futurama x Metroid crossover. That would work.

Not worth... free?

lazerfox

Not worth... free?

He's asking if it's worth his time.

I'm also interested. Is this game any good? I never play games on mobile unless it's something like Mario Run or Fallout Shelter.

Also is this game always online or can you play it offline like Shelter?

He's asking if it's worth his time.

I'm also interested. Is this game any good? I never play games on mobile unless it's something like Mario Run or Fallout Shelter.

Also is this game always online or can you play it offline like Shelter?

Sorry for my bad English. I meant if it's worth our time.
Nah. Maybe in the future after some updates but it could also go the other way and become worse. I'm not enjoying it so far.
It's online cause it's routinely syncing with a server.

Kouriozan

Pretty disappointed by this game, everything take ages (2 hours at the very minimum) and I haven't unlocked a new district after the tutorial one despite playing since launch.

krae_man

Man I am running out space. Everything is just crammed in there and it's hard to tap on the right thing. I try to tap on checkmarks or monies and I end up tapping on other buildings instead.

I'm not getting enough Hypnowaves or whatever to unlock it all. Am I really going to have to grind 16 old missions at 25 hypnowaves each to unlock some space?

krae_man

Anyone doing the Pimparoo stuff?

6 more hours and I'll have everything completed.

As far as story progression goes, I'm stuck at part 2 of the moon since I don't have URL unlocked yet. I'm on the recruit him quest now so once I have enough boxed lizzards, I can get on that.

When the Family Guy game launched, they had an exotic pets weekend event as well. I really hope they aren't just copying everything they did for Family Guy for Futurama.

krae_man

Halting everything to do the Pimparoo quest helped me catch up on expanding land and accumulating properties.

I now have all land and one of every building available to me so far. Finally unlocked URL today so now I can continue with the story progression.

Bluecondor

I would love to try this game, but my phone is not a good fit for mobile gaming.

Is there an easy way to play mobile games like Fallout Shelter and this on the PC?

Is this playable on the Ouya console?

krae_man

I would love to try this game, but my phone is not a good fit for mobile gaming.

Is there an easy way to play mobile games like Fallout Shelter and this on the PC?

Is this playable on the Ouya console?

You can download bluestacks and play on your PC.

Man the RNC on George Takai is pissing me off. I just need one more autographed picture and the damn thing won't drop. Come on, He has 3 more space missions which means 15 more free pizza. I want the damn pizza!

Man having to unlock the square for the central beauracracy for 400 space points and 8 hours X1 time then the actual central beauracracy for 600 space points and 16 hours X1 time is straight brutal.

Having played this since launch i'm not overly keen but it has its positives

The world is as good as Simpsons tapped out or Family Guy's equivalent
The 8bit like battles/missions are a nice new mechanic for this sort of game
and new story is always good

HOWEVER
Its not like Simpsons tapped out, where premium currency was reserved more premium characters, the need for it was infrequent and there were reasonable ways to earn said currency, its more like Family guy the quest for stuff by TinyCo (well its made by them) only i'd argue its far far far worse!

You need Hypnotoads (a currency) to unlock areas/build certain things, which can only be earned in missions, which you need fuel (another currency)to do said missions. You're characters get hurt and you need to heal them with health packs, which you buy with in game currency pizza slices

So thats three currencies involved with unlocking areas and building, it means you either have to take days/weeks to earn the required items or pay real world money for pizza slices to accelerate things.

Then there is the premium characters! In tapped out or the likes some characters cost around 100-200 premium currencies so approx.£10-15 if you bought them and didn't earn the currency - with Futurama to launch the game there was a promotion to get President Nixon/Agnu which cost over 400 pizza slices so thats £20, it was a limited time character you had no hope of saving up currency! So effectively forcing new users who want him to pay real world money at launch
Right no they are running a limited promotion for Neil deGrasse Tyson at 300 Pizza Slices, so since the currency for £10 is only 275, youd need to buy £20 again

now i know you don't have to buy these, i certainly haven't but it seems even more mean and money grabbing than Family Guy which itslef was consistently slated on the social media pages for increasingly relying on premium currency to complete events or get limited time characters! as far as i am aware Family Guy the Quest for stuff is dying a death, where as Taped out has been going longer and seems to be surviving.

It doesn't fill me with hope for the longevity for this game

I do like the constant events and updates. Trying to unlock leela and leg mutant now. Funny to see my post two weeks ago of trying to unlock Hermes. Slow crawling game haha.

Tried it and immediately got timers and all that shit I hate in mobile games. Didn't uninstall and started getting those obnoxious "COME PLAY ME!" notifications. I hate those with a passion and uninstall on the spot if I see them. Game seems really bad.

krae_man

I do like the constant events and updates. Trying to unlock leela and leg mutant now. Funny to see my post two weeks ago of trying to unlock Hermes. Slow crawling game haha.

Updates mean free pizza.

The Bee Bender update had 35 free Pizza. I'm over 1/2 way there to Calculon!

I'm working on Leela and Cowboy Kif right now and I've 100%'ed all the space missions so far.

Slowly inching along.

jennetics

I installed this on my Oneplus 3 and it was a little sluggish to play. Tried it for a few days and finally uninstalled, not my type of game unfortunately.

Yagami_Sama

I have been playing for a while, and, as many posted here, they took some bad decisions with the timer.

Wait 1 day for Bee bender complete one action was a pain and the combat could be way better, they should have worked more one each character, mainly the special of each one.

I like Futurama a lot, and I keep playing this for a while, they will not see my money.

Let's see if they improve the game a little. And this crash all the time on my Galaxy S7 Edge

krae_man

The Omicron invasion just started. It's a month long event.

Lots of stuff to do. More pizza though which is always a good thing.

krae_man

Week 2 of the event is live. Protip: don't level Malfunctioning Eddie or Mecha Hermes past them doing 12 damage. Spaceships have 36 health points and you don't do 18 damage till level 25.

Unless they are needed for a space mission. Then of course level them up as needed for the space mission.

Eric Hall

Is anyone else's game bugging out right now? Eddie, Fry, Hattie and Free Waterfall have been stuck fighting enemies for the past 12 hours. Time is either not moving or very slowly moving for each task to finish.

krae_man

Is anyone else's game bugging out right now? Eddie, Fry, Hattie and Free Waterfall have been stuck fighting enemies for the past 12 hours. Time is either not moving or very slowly moving for each task to finish.

It was a bug, it's fixed if you update and they gave out 38 pizza as compensation.

galgu

Neo Member
Spent a lot of time and dedication to this game but they really have the timers wrong. I'm currently considering uninstall and move to another mobile game.
I would not recommend for someone hesitating to play.

At least with simpsons Tapped out we could finish (unlock everything within) the event with a bit of dedication.

Here you ALWAYS are under the impression to be late. I'll try a bit more but I think I'll put in on hold until next year to give it another try.

Coming from someone who plays gacha games, even this is too much. Which sucks because I love Futurama. I might give Tapped Out another whirl though.

Top Bottom