• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Future road safety: Or a more clever title

Imagine some point in the future where we have very realistic racing games. Not GT-HD or next gen Forza as i'm sure many unique and special individuals would come in to say.

Next gen or the next after, we may be getting close visuals/physics wise. Here in the uk we apparently have some quite successfull tv adverts showing the dangers of drink driving from the govt. They don't affect me much as I don't drive often and would never drink and drive but the stats say that deaths are down, who am i to argue.

My point is, lets say we reach a point where racers are realistic or so close even nitpickers could easily be dismissed. Let's say the govt mandated that training stages in games showed you just how easily accidents could happen, and forced them into GT8 and forza5 and megamonstertruckmadness 2. Like, training stage 3, do a loop around these 3 blocks. Halfway round on a long straight you're burning down trying to make good time then uhoh, a 4 year old walks into the road. Of course you can't slow down fast enough, it's all done realistically (maybe not gore wise, you sickos) so you accidentally run the poor nipper down and you get a message on the screen saying "Drive like that in real life and you too could be a real child killer". Yeah, you could definately write a better message there, but hey, i'm not on the govt payroll.

Anyone else see that happening? I don't necessarily like the idea myself (not personally needed) but could see how it could be good for society at large.

Top Bottom