• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Fyre Festival employees told "There will be no payroll." Ja Rule annoyed by humming.

Jackpot

Banned
“So you’re not going to lay us off, which would allow us to file for unemployment benefits?” asked one employee. “You just are not going to pay us any more then, making us quit ourselves.”

McFarland said that he was “not aware of how this affects unemployment benefits” and would seek advice on the topic.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I hope these people manage to sue this guy, win and leave him in ruins. He's a scammer, and now he's stealing from his own employees.

Jag

Better lawyer up, asshole.

But probably not the lawyer that advised them that it was ok to keep people employed but not paid. It is essentially a constructive discharge. They can still quit and most likely get unemployment.

Pejo

Man who would've thought a rich entitled "millenial" would run a company so poorly

Reminds me of when Tom and Jean Ralphio tried to start their company, except not endearing and lovable
tumblr_llvc8ariir1qktakco1_500.png

This is what I thought of as I read the OP too, lol.

Awesome, I'd want to work for them, can I apply?

You'll only get paid in Fyrebux™ redeemable either as store credit for exclusive VIP services during Fyre Festival '18 or, if you manage to accumulate 18,000 Fyrebux™, a one-day pass to Fyre Festival '18. The possibilities are limitless.

mre

Golden Domers are chickenshit!!
Either way, can't they just not show up to work anymore?
Not only can they not show up for work, but in most (if not all, just don't want to make a universal statement) they can go ahead and file for unemployment* because they have been, essentially fired from paying employment.

*This assumes that they otherwise qualify for unemployment. Each state has its own requirements.

marq_roq

Neo Member
Two options I would have chose.

1) not quit, but call out sick everyday and find another job in the meantime.

2) be an overeager team player, stayed on and brought him "coffee" everyday. "Coffee" may or may not consist of urine and other asundry items.

Top Bottom