• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gabe Newell: Source 2 is 'foundation of some unannounced products'

bounchfx

they're going to release a game within 18 months and then we can get back to saying how they never make games again, despite how often they update and support their multiplayer titles

its just kinda funny because portal 2 came out in 2011
cs in 2012 (with constant support)
dota in 2013 (with constant support)
as well as their VR stuff that no one will count

whereas we get an elder scrolls game every 5-6 years but you dont hear about bethesda stopped making games. yeah, they also made fallout.. but that's kind of my point. you focus on one thing and wind up ignoring the rest and the argument falls apart

games are comin' boys, i believe. i'd rather they take their time and do it right. It's not like we're in a drought of amazing games.

mortal

Gold Member
More than anything I would love to see a TF3. The amount of legs TF2 still has due to its community is amazing.

DAHGAMING

Gold Member
Certain Half Life 3 confirmation. Will be ano Android exclusive with an exciting change of game play, it will now be a battle card game. Make an enjoy.

Certain Half Life 3 confirmation. Will be ano Android exclusive with an exciting change of game play, it will now be a battle card game. Make an enjoy.

Eh?

My sources (Reliable sources) told me that Half Life 3 will be a visual novel with Mario Party elements.

Valve truly is a bastion of innovation.

twobear

sputum-flecked apoplexy
wow i'm shook, you mean they didn't create a whole new engine just to port dota 2 and call it a day?

What happened to those alleged L4D3 leaks years ago? Fake?

Who knows at this point. I figured the game would have released by now with either a F2P or small $15 original price tag with tons of micro transactions / add ons. Still haven't heard anything of substance about it so we'll see I guess.

Nzyme32

Team Fortress 3 hats are going to look awesome.

People are missing all the other Valve employee comments. As far as TF goes:

TF2 has millions of unique players per month, and the team is staffed by a group of people that love and play the game. We're committed to supporting and growing TF2 with new features, content, and player experiences.
We're currently working on our next major update, which features a new campaign, the Pyro class pack, matchmaking improvements/features, and lots of game balancing improvements.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
I'm still a bit baffled at the silence surrounding Left 4 Dead 3. Even accounting for Valve's shift towards community focused multiplayer titles, Left 4 Dead as a franchise fits the niche perfectly, would easily accommodate a lot of the communal creation content adopted by other Valve titles, and itself is a very popular franchise that shouldn't have any issue performing well in the market.

I'm convinced it's still happening, I'm just surprised it's taken so long.

LordOfChaos

This frigging AMA, lol. He answered more Half Life questions than I remember him doing in years, even poked fun at a rumour of 3s cancellation ("I personally believe all unidentified rumours on the internet"), but of course left it in the same limbo as always.

More than anything I would love to see a TF3. The amount of legs TF2 still has due to its community is amazing.

TF2 still has the community because it's pretty much perfect (aside from the Gunslinger and Short Circuit). Maybe they'd surprise me, but I'm pretty confident that any TF3 would be at best a lesser version of TF2 on a better engine or at worst a lesser version of Overwatch on a shittier engine.

All they need to do is port it to Source 2, make it more beginner-friendly with things like a functional tutorial, and VAC ban everybody who uses the Gunslinger or Short Circuit. And then do absolutely nothing except maybe release a new map or two every year.

DocSeuss

What's that sound....It's engineers stoking the fires in the hype train 🚂🚂🚂🚂🚂.See you in 2034

Paasei

Valve cannot count to 3, just expect older games to become prettier.

Or maybe a free mod that they can now sell.

Top Bottom