• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, about Metroid "Metroid Prime" Trademark Renewed this year.

fred

Nintendo have to release a fourth Metroid Prime game soon, the GamePad is made for it. Have the map, Lore, scanned stuff, game options, HUD etc on the touchscreen and use the GamePad to scan stuff giving an extra 360 degree window of the world. Instant win with awesome sauce right there. Plus you could also have off-TV Play for those that want it too incorporating a similar control scheme that the first two games had with the GameCube.

Metroid Prime, Fatal Frame and Fallout are the first 3 franchises I instantly thought of when I first saw the GamePad revealed. They're all made for the GamePad.

Toxi

Banned
Whoooo. :-/

Maybe there's some specifically Metroid Prime stuff in Smash?
In Brawl, back when the Metroid Prime series was going strong, we got a boss and a stage. Both came from the tutorial of the first Prime game. Oh, and I guess there's the Dark Suit alternate color and the change in visor color for the Gravity Suit. Whooo.

Sakurai doesn't give a fuck about Metroid Prime.

I feel like Other M was like double punishment for Metroid fans. First, we dealt with a sub-par game that was too simplified and missed the point of why people like the series in the first place; then after relatively poor sales, Nintendo seems to have left the series to languish. We can't catch a break.

Oh come on, Other M was intended as complete fan service. A spinoff Metroid game that delves deeper into Samus' background and character. Turns out fans didn't want any more background or character though. Call it a bad game or whatever but it's nothing but a snack to hold you over until the next mainline Metroid game can be developed. But I guess Metroid fans would rather just complain about the series being neglected. If you won't take any games except the ones made by Retro and Nintendo EAD, you're going to have to wait for them.

Rant a bit, I'm just tired of Other M whining.

Oh come on, Other M was intended as complete fan service. A spinoff Metroid game that delves deeper into Samus' background and character. Turns out fans didn't want any more background or character though. Call it a bad game or whatever but it's nothing but a snack to hold you over until the next mainline Metroid game can be developed. But I guess Metroid fans would rather just complain about the series being neglected. If you won't take any games except the ones made by Retro and Nintendo EAD, you're going to have to wait for them.

Maybe we complain because it played like shit. Had a game breaking glitch, and was the worst metroid game ever developed.

Xav

Get your facts straight, Metroid Other M was supposed to be a main entry in the series. They even went so far as to suggest the Metroid Prime games were nothing more than meaningless spin off titles.

Yoshio Sakamoto is just pissed off because an American developer took his series into new heights that he could not. He is the George Lucas of the Metroid series and i hope he stays far away from Metroid. I will NEVER forgive him for Metroid Other M... what a piece of shit.

Prime 3 was pretty tragic. It had some great ideas, especially in control features for the Wii remote/nunchuck, but it was clearly trying to capture the Halo crowd and took the series into an unfortunate direction.

The Metroid series really needs a reboot now more than another Prime sequel.

Toxi

Banned
Prime 3 was pretty tragic. It had some great ideas, especially in control features for the Wii remote/nunchuck, but it was clearly trying to capture the Halo crowd and took the series into an unfortunate direction.

The Metroid series really needs a reboot now more than another Prime sequel.
I think Metroid Prime 3's great ideas still shined through the regrettable "space marine" intro. Bryyo is probably the most interesting planet+civilization in the Metroid series.

I think the worst thing about the game is actually hyper mode; it's not balanced at all for the majority of the boss fights. Potentially interesting confrontations like Helios and Rundas are ruined because hyper mode deals so much damage. Only the bosses that didn't take too much damage from hyper mode (Gandrayda) or the ones who you couldn't just pump damage into (Mogenar) worked.

Gabe3208

Banned
We can only hope.

fingers-crossed.gif

foxuzamaki

Doesn't read OPs, especially not his own
welp. this confirms the speculation in the whole thread is for nothing and Metroid is still dead.

it can take up to 2 years for a game to be completed, if anything, it could potentially mean they're working on F-zero and just havent announced it yet

Top Bottom