• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF-Hop |OT9/9/99| African Substitute Teachers Run NY

Status
Not open for further replies.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Nas sounds AWESOME over swag/trap beats. I always say this, NAS would drop a masterpiece if it was exec produced by...

KHALED THE GOD.

Seriously. Nas x Khaled is always, always, always fire.
Yup, Victory is damn near the best Nas song in the last decade.

HiResDes

So spot on PP, and Esch yeah Night's Gambit is def top 5 for me. Just got my laptop back in time to re-listen to some shit right before I start putting up Q3!

...Random thought: My radio station is wearing Tom Ford the fuck out, and everytime I listen to it I initially get hyped at the beat and I may even start to rap some of Jay-Z's lyrics and then I come to the realization that I'm rapping more on beat and with more swag than Hov himself and sadness overwhelms me. Finally, I get to the line where Hov raps "Fuck hashtags and retweets, nigga. 140 characters in these streets nigga," and I'm forced to turn my whole system the fuck off and sit in silence cringing at this cornball's tedious delivery. Oh and the shit sounds like it was ghost-written by the bastard son of Childish Gambino and Kitty Pryde.

I could see Nas owning beats from 40, T-Minus, Alchemist, and a host of other dope producers. He's probably never going to sound good on pure swag rap beats or super busy Timbaland shit...but I'm cool with that.

He has annihilated every Justice League beat he's been on, for instance. The question has never been Nas falling off IMO, it's been a problem with him being a god damn dumbass. He does best when he has some form of linear guidance. For all the acclaim he gets for Illmatic, it should be noted MC Serch is the guy who brought those producers together. IWW was Steve Stout. Stillmatic was basically a bunch of producers wanting to go to war on Nas' side. God's Son seems like perhaps the only album where Nas had full control and did the right thing. Life Is Good is basically No ID trying his hardest to move Nas out of the gutter production wise, succeeding in some ways failing in others.

Which is why I'd love for Nas to hook up with Q-Tip. He has an ear for that "stuck in the 90s" shit, but also has an obvious talent for more modern shit. His work with Kanye speaks for itself; imagine Nas on the break beat heavy That's My Bitch, he'd kill that wack Kanye vese and fit with Jay's dope verse. Give me 3-4 Q-Tip beats as the foundation, and build around that with other dope producers. Get Salaam Remi the fuck out the building. He has some dope shit on LiG but it's time to go breh. And to think this is the guy that produced most of Amy Winehouse's best songs, yet rarely provides a head knocker for Nas - probably due to Nas picking the worst of the beats.

Q-Tip exec producing, Justice League, ALCHEMIST, Oh No, T-Minus, Kanye. There's no way to fuck that up. And for those clamoring for a struggle beat from Premier...dunno, maybe an interlude type track. He couldn't fuck that.

If only this would happen...

PBY

Banned
So spot on PP, and Esch yeah Night's Gambit is def top 5 for me. Just got my laptop back in time to re-listen to some shit right before I start putting up Q3!

...Random thought: My radio station is wearing Tom Ford the fuck out, and everytime I listen to it I initially get hyped at the beat and I may even start to rap some of Jay-Z's lyrics and then I come to the realization that I'm rapping more on beat and with more swag than Hov himself and sadness overwhelms me. Finally, I get to the line where Hov raps "Fuck hashtags and retweets, nigga. 140 characters in these streets nigga," and I'm forced to turn my whole system the fuck off and sit in silence cringing at this cornball's tedious delivery. Oh and the shit sounds like it was ghost-written by the bastard son of Childish Gambino and Kitty Pryde.

His delivery saps any bit of hype, swag, or fun out of every room. Guaranteed. So fucking bad.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
I actually revisited MCHG the other day and I take back what I said about there not being any quotables on the album. Thing is, they're pretty much all in Crown.

You in the presence of a king
Scratch that, you're in the presence of a GAWD

Fear is your only god
Getting y'all to fear me is my only charge.

Wasn't for the 'caine, wouldn't be able.
Wasn't for the bread, probably be dead.
Best friends become enemies, n***as knives are double edged.

I actually revisited MCHG the other day and I take back what I said about there not being any quotables on the album. Thing is, they're pretty much all in Crown.

You in the presence of a king
Scratch that, you're in the presence of a GAWD

Fear is your only god
Getting y'all to fear me is my only charge.

Wasn't for the 'caine, wouldn't be able.
Wasn't for the bread, probably be dead.
Best friends become enemies, n***as knives are double edged.

Best song on the album by far

UNCLE SAID I'D NEVER SELL A MILLION RECORDS
I SOLD A MILLION RECORDS BOUT A MILLION TIMES.

Houseshoes went on quite a Nas rant a few days ago, noting how poorly he has chosen beats. However he also mentioned that based on who he knows is working with Nas, his next album is going to be good. We'll see.

Another thing: why doesn't Nas do more shit with popular rappers? I'm not talking about throwing every popular person on your record, Jay-Z style. But doing a song with Kendrick or getting Frank Ocean on a hook makes way more sense than the no names Nas put on LiG. Who needs a Mary J Blidge hook in 2012/2013?

Esch

Banned
Word. Out of all those so far, I'm feeling the HTC One the most. Seems to be the best compromise between design and performance for me, though Im still not done reading reviews.

codhand

Word. Out of all those so far, I'm feeling the HTC One the most. Seems to be the best compromise between design and performance for me, though Im still not done reading reviews.

i was ready to buy the HTC one off the recommendations but the lack of an SD slot was the game killer for me....but the build quality of HTC One is closer to iphone than the samsung offerings

Esch

Banned
i was ready to buy the HTC one off the recommendations but the lack of an SD slot was the game killer for me....but the build quality of HTC One is closer to iphone than the samsung offerings

Just read that in a review too. I got gigs of music im carrying around on this, can't do it.

codhand

Android is for nerds, iPhone is for hitting up hot girls.

29-Camron-NP.gif

cdyhybrid

I have an S4 and it's been fine so far. I'm not a phone enthusiast so it basically came down to the fact that the S4 had one more pro over the iPhone (on Verizon so no HTC One available at the time). I don't mind the design at all.

Esch

Banned
Googy owns my life so Android it is. Plus based Google Play Music with them stacks of free space for songs.
Word. Fuck is the point of buying Apple when I use Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs Google Calendars etc. All my work peeps use that shit too. I'm not using some flabby shit like iTunes either, so....

Night's Gambit remains in my top 5, although at this point I'm not sure whether it'll have the same longevity Grief Pedigree had. I still listen to that album, whereas I hadn't listened to Night's Gambit in a month until yesterday.

And thabiz is right: Czarface is dope. It's Deck at his best: regulated. No 2, 3 verse songs. Just one dope verse, then move to the next song. Dude is like Kweli, I can't listen to him spit for 4 minutes.

Esch

Banned
Night's Gambit remains in my top 5, although at this point I'm not sure whether it'll have the same longevity Grief Pedigree had. I still listen to that album, whereas I hadn't listened to Night's Gambit in a month until yesterday.

The atmosphere and production of TNG>GP. I also think it's more concise.

mooooose

Word. Fuck is the point of buying Apple when I use Gmail, Google Drive, Google Docs Google Calendars etc. All my work peeps use that shit too. I'm not using some flabby shit like iTunes either, so....
Because almost all of it works with iPhone and other than Maps and to some extent Gmail it's all integrated into iOS. Even so Maps works great on iOS and a lot of the apps for a long time were better quality than their Android counterparts.

Only Google service without a good app is G Music.

iOS also has more apps, newer apps, and the best quality apps.

Also it's the most popular platform so things like iMessage and Facetime are useful as fuck.

BUT HEY, DO WHATEVER THE FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUCK YOU WANNA DO

But from a music point of view, no. Shit is already mixed and master with iTunes in mind for years. I don't trust Google with Music yet. When Google starts having a very well range of World Music, then maybe. But is Amazon and iTunes for me.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
This post is amusing considering Google pushes out updates to their Gmail iOS app first and such. C'mon fam, it's not hard to distinguish software from firmware/hardware.

Not that it's necessarily better either way. I'm pretty much locked into the iOS ecosystem back from a time when there wasn't Android. Too comfortable to switch, don't care to go through repersonalizing everyone anymore. Everything just works and is set up as is. If I had to start from scratch I'd probably go Android though.

It's REALLY hard to buy a bad phone nowadays TBH.

naw

Another thing: why doesn't Nas do more shit with popular rappers? I'm not talking about throwing every popular person on your record, Jay-Z style. But doing a song with Kendrick or getting Frank Ocean on a hook makes way more sense than the no names Nas put on LiG. Who needs a Mary J Blidge hook in 2012/2013?
Nas has a track with Frank produced by Hit-Boy in the vault

kamspy

Ugly design, artificially boosted performance benchmarks, and um did you read this thread of mine: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=543603&highlight=

I feel your pain. Bought a off contract CDMA 4G S2 last spring. Screen looked like ink spilled underneath the glass in early Sept. Sent it back, fixed for free, but now the 4g doesn't work.

They're sending me a new one. I really like the phone though. 4.5" is the sweet spot.

Cudder

Everyone in this thread should get an Android phone for the simple reason that you can download mixtapes and albums in .zip form, extract them, then put them in your music folder and listen, all on your phone. Can't count the number of times a tape has released while I was at work, so I had to download it straight on my phone and had it ready to listen to on the way home.

Any chance of me getting an iPhone went out the window when I read that you can't save/download anything from the browser.

codhand

Everyone in this thread should get an Android phone for the simple reason that you can download mixtapes and albums in .zip form, extract them, then put them in your music folder and listen, all on your phone. Can't count the number of times a tape has released while I was at work, so I had to download it straight on my phone and had it ready to listen to on the way home.

Any chance of me getting an iPhone went out the window when I read that you can't save/download anything from the browser.

i mean, it's crazy/sad that it's that kinda simple shit that sells me, apple's wall-city shit isnt cool anymore, never really was, but it was the only game in town,

i was amazed i could play flac

things for which you can put money in the bank that apple will never allow

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom