• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF plays...31 Nights of Horror...5

Thanks for you input. Restarting with Jill and knowing the first part of the game helped a lot. Do regular enemies respawn after a set time (I found
a lighter and kerosin so I assume they do
) or only after reaching certain points?
I also read something about crimson zombies. I assume those respawn for sure. You can spoil that for me, since I just wanna beat the game for the story sake/ puzzles/ atmosphere and to finally check it off my backlog.
Like I said I had a blast with RE7 and I thought the game was perfect in every way. I was hoping the remake would give me a similar experience but the item management so far and
, if that's the case, respawning enemies would not make me want to continue. I can see that hardcore survival fans want this kind of stuff, but it just wouldn't be for me.

RevenWolf

Thanks for you input. Restarting with Jill and knowing the first part of the game helped a lot. Do regular enemies respawn after a set time (I found
a lighter and kerosin so I assume they do
) or only after reaching certain points?
I also read something about crimson zombies. I assume those respawn for sure. You can spoil that for me, since I just wanna beat the game for the story sake/ puzzles/ atmosphere and to finally check it off my backlog.
Like I said I had a blast with RE7 and I thought the game was perfect in every way. I was hoping the remake would give me a similar experience but the item management so far and
, if that's the case, respawning enemies would not make me want to continue. I can see that hardcore survival fans want this kind of stuff, but it just wouldn't be for me.

Well since you said it's ok to spoil you on it.

It's not that regular enemies re-spawn. It's that zombies that you don't burn or blow their heads off turn into crimson heads. Crimson heads are like regular enemies but can run and thus ruin your day. As far as I know they aren't on a specific time limit, what determines their turn will be specific game triggers. I can't comment if the crimson heads re-spawn after killing them since I usually coward out like a bitch and run.

Also making the RE7 comparison, try treating plenty of the regular enemies like Jack in the early game. It's often better to simply avoid them and save your ammo for later.

Item management is a pain, but if you play as Jill you'll find that things go significantly smoother, and it won't be anywhere near as much of a hassle, it's kind of amazing how much of a difference 2 slots can make.

BTails

Regarding respawning enemies:
Yes, any zombies that remain on the ground after exiting a room and re-entering can eventually become “Crimson Head zombies”, faster, deadlier versions. There’s a few ways around this: killing zombies with a headshot, which is easily accomplished by using the shotgun, waiting until the zombie is very close, then aiming up before shooting, or by burning the body afterwards. Crimson Heads were added specifically for the REmake and don’t factor into other RE games. It adds another layer of item management and planning: you have to decide when and where to burn bodies. My suggestion, try to avoid normal zombies wherever possible, since they can’t become Crimson Heads if you don’t kill them. Likewise, try to headshot or burn the bodies of zombies in major hallways. Finally, plan aternate routes: sometimes you can avoid a hallway with a Crimson Head by going a less direct route.

NESpowerhouse

Perhaps he's wondering why someone would shoot a man before throwing him out of a plane.
Silent Hill 3 just arrived in the mail today. About to dive in for the first time.

Top Bottom