• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAFcast Episode 017: Elastic Doohickeys (07-03-07)

Wollan

sp0rsk said:
Oh and I apologize for not being close to the mic. I went to the store and got a 900 yen headset microphone for next week.

Will this recording take place pre-E3?

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
:)

Value-age : Wollan-watch going forward at no extra cost of $10 per download.

Unparalled online coverage of Wollan on PS... sorry.... GAFcast this fall! Amazing!

;)

Just to clarify, my gaming room where the recording takes place has no aircon (GASP!)
and having 5 big guys in there will make the place like a sauna (and it physically might not be possible) - i have a plan to fix it. But it`ll take time, a whole lot of precious time, and it`s gonna take money </harrison>

Next week or two i have a special gaming friend staying at mine - but i think we are hawling our ass off around Japan on both weekends so i might be out of the next gafcasts (cries of "Yisssss!") but it would be nice to get him on the cast - although i`m sure his employers might not appreciate it! We`ll see... maybe we can have him as his "other" well known alter ego.

re: Wasteland 84, yeah - what the hell was i thnking... i think that was the booze talking!

Wollan

I shall bribe for my place in the spotlight.
It is a pleasure to be working with the members of GAFcast on such a interesting project.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Yeah it was great to have John TV on. Also it was good to have Sp0rsk on again. I need someone to balance out my wRPG love. DC and DDK don't play RPGs as much. We were a little rusty but should fall back into to sync. But I liked the vibe for the most part.

Interesting talk about Zelda PH, especially the very favorable comparisons to Twilight Princess. I was frankly disappointed in the gameplay of Twilight Princess [thought I loved the art design and similar things], so hearing the GAFcast's impressions had me entrigued.

DCharlie

i have since bought the Zelda DS and i am very very VERY happy to say the least.

The game is fantastic. And i`ve not enjoyed a Zelda game since the SNES...well, that`s a lie, i loved 4 swords in 4 player. but yes...

Fantastic , potential GOTY material for sure.

arg2bad

Gafcast rules

like meeting an old lover - it never goes away

boil.jpg

fallout

Hyoushi said:
Yeah think so, this was all recorded at Blackace's place, and yeah there is some annoying sound from an AC unit or something. Couldn't get it to completely disappear but it got lessened in my NR pass :p
Kind of sounds like feedback or a grounding problem with the audio equipment.

Blackace

PleoMax said:
Oh i remember him. Why doesn't he post on Gaf anymore?

You mean the guy who posted about 7 posts ago? Just quote him and ask him! :lol

PleoMax

Banned
Blackace said:
You mean the guy who posted about 7 posts ago? Just quote him and ask him! :lol

*Scrolls up*

DCharlie said:
i have since bought the Zelda DS and i am very very VERY happy to say the least.

The game is fantastic. And i`ve not enjoyed a Zelda game since the SNES...well, that`s a lie, i loved 4 swords in 4 player. but yes...

Fantastic , potential GOTY material for sure.

ashamed0004.gif

DCharlie

i have posted a few times in the last few days, but that's going to cease again.

I'm far too preoccupied with work , gaming and other stuff. I haven't got the time - or the energy - to contribute in a positive way anymore to GAF.

So in the interests of keeping the peace, it's best i just let E3 , TGS etc... roll on by.

I'll still be contributing to the gafcast - although as said, next two weeks i'm out, then i'm back for a week, then i'm out for two weeks again.

PleoMax

Banned
Why isn't the football(soccer for the 3rd world country guys) thread stickied?

2nd largest thread on gaf, keeps going, won't stop, can't stop, ehe ehe, and it isn't stickied?

It actually looks pretty bad and biased, and racist, the biggest sport in the world getting treated like this on gaf.

Sharp

PleoMax said:

2nd largest thread on gaf, keeps going, won't stop, can't stop, ehe ehe, and it isn't stickied?

It actually looks pretty bad and biased, and racist, the biggest sport in the world getting treated like this on gaf.
I don't think this is the forum you think it is.

DCharlie

i've often wondered that myself, but the truth is that when something is stickied i find myself not checking that thread.

the football thread is an awesome thread, that's got some great posters/posts in it, with good debates and interesting opinions on the football world.

The fact that it's constantly on the front page without being stickied should tell you enough about the activity in that thread, and - to be honest - i think having it stickied is that important.

PleoMax

Banned
DCharlie said:
i've often wondered that myself, but the truth is that when something is stickied i find myself not checking that thread.

the football thread is an awesome thread, that's got some great posters/posts in it, with good debates and interesting opinions on the football world.

The fact that it's constantly on the front page without being stickied should tell you enough about the activity in that thread, and - to be honest - i think having it stickied is that important.

Yeah i love that thread, makes me feel more at home here on GaF.

Blackace

Vyse The Legend said:
Blackace, Fallout 1 >>> Fallout 2. Although that doesn't say much, because both games are AAA titles. :D

I disagree. But maybe it was because I went in thinking "wasteland wasteland wasteland" and it wasn't really anything like wastelane so I was let down by that. Maybe I should fire 1 up also to see if the magic is there

Blackace said:
I disagree. But maybe it was because I went in thinking "wasteland wasteland wasteland" and it wasn't really anything like wastelane so I was let down by that. Maybe I should fire 1 up also to see if the magic is there

Yeah, I think you definitely should. :D

The thing is, though, that FO2 is exactly the same as FO1 (in terms of gameplay, themes, design, etc.) just much, much bigger, so I don't understand how you can like 2 but not 1.

Off-topic:
So, what is your final take on Sim City DS? Worth it? I know you started the JP thread on it awhile back, so I'm curious if you still think highly of it.

I had a dream about a broken Commodore 64 thanks to this podcast.

In the future, do not talk about the Atari Jaguar - that shit better not leak into my subconscious.

Blackace

Armitage said:
Aargh I completely missed this topic until just now, bad bad stickies. Downloading.

was unstickied for over a day!

typo said:
I had a dream about a broken Commodore 64 thanks to this podcast.

In the future, do not talk about the Atari Jaguar - that shit better not leak into my subconscious.

The C64 I have had for 24 years still works! so does the disk drive! Soooo Awesome

Blackace

Vyse The Legend said:
Yeah, I think you definitely should. :D

The thing is, though, that FO2 is exactly the same as FO1 (in terms of gameplay, themes, design, etc.) just much, much bigger, so I don't understand how you can like 2 but not 1.

Off-topic:
So, what is your final take on Sim City DS? Worth it? I know you started the JP thread on it awhile back, so I'm curious if you still think highly of it.

Yeah but, like I said I went into it hearing about how it was the next wasteland and it wasn't.. but it is not that I disliked it per se; just had a better time with 2.

I still like Sim City DS a lot of the Sim City wiz didn't think too highly of it. I tried but sucked hard at 4 (still liked it just was crap at it) the DS version isn't super mirco detailed but good fun imo. I felt it was worth it, but think it depends on what you need from your Sim City game

Lyte Edge

All I got for the Vernal Equinox was this stupid tag
Great episode! Maybe the best yet. John TV makes for a great addition to the group, and the returning sp0rsk was awesome too!

Maybe taking a break from the podcast for a little while was what everyone needed? You guys seemed a lot more energetic and ready to go than before.

I like the retro gaming segment over the life in Japan segment too. There's a bit too much of a focus on Japan in the podcast, although for obvious reasons. :)

DCharlie

You guys seemed a lot more energetic and ready to go than before.

i'd like to thank our sponsors "Suntory" for that ...

Black Nikka ("whatcha just call me?") - whiskey days, for happy days, smooth drink and atmosphere that promotes the tender happy feel! Let's enjoy refreshing of the clean drinking!

Atari Jaguar - this weeks cast... i think our guest is a bit of an Atari expert... the Jaguar will ALMOST CERTAINLY get mentioned in the retro section next week. (I'm serious by the way - no joking)

Blackace

DCharlie said:
i'd like to thank our sponsors "Suntory" for that ...

Black Nikka ("whatcha just call me?") - whiskey days, for happy days, smooth drink and atmosphere that promotes the tender happy feel! Let's enjoy refreshing of the clean drinking!

Atari Jaguar - this weeks cast... i think our guest is a bit of an Atari expert... the Jaguar will ALMOST CERTAINLY get mentioned in the retro section next week. (I'm serious by the way - no joking)

The retro section is fun for some many different reasons, one of them is it gives you an excuse to play old classics again!

DCharlie said:

britneycrying.jpg

Well, at least there's Iron Soldier, Alien vs. Predator, and Tempest 2000 to talk about.

john tv

Doing the cast bi-weekly instead of weekly might help, IMO. Very few podcasts that I listen to can keep up the "goodness" week in and week out, but a short break ensures lots of stuff to talk about. I dunno tho, maybe it's just me.

I'd love to be involved with the next one but I'm heading to America on Monday so I may be too busy this weekend getting ready. I'll come back on after I get back though. :D

Armitage

I really liked it, good cast. Liked the OT stuff too, it's like a little bit of GAF in my mp3 player!

I think the FAQ section could use a gaming PC faq. Seems like there's a new topic every few weeks about somewhat basic PC hardware stuff, a faq could be helpful for these people. An overview of PC hardware, explanation of different terms, and maybe recommended specs for a few popular PC games of the last two or three years. I'm not exactly a hardware expert but I'd definitely help putting something like this together.

mrkgoo

Kind of irelevant, but I'm writing a large thesis, and I was writing notes - one being an Author named "Kohlhaw". I just looked in my notes, and I had written "Kohler" a number of times.

Curse you GAF!

truly101

I got grudge sucked!
Forgive my ignorance but what's the name of the song used in the intro? I've heard it so many times but I've never learned the name of it. I didn't get to far into the podcast but I should listen to the whole thing soon.

DCharlie

not bad, but man does it ramble on.

the actual finished thing was about 2hrs 30 long!

we got rid of most of the real ramble - and some of the more... ahem... liableous/offensive elements of the cast.

Top Bottom