• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Dev Story |OT| of energy drinks and booth babes. Now for Android! (iOS/And)

D-Pad

Finally had the meansd to play this today. This game is now my life. How are the devs other games? Grand Prix Story, Epic Space Story, etc?

Jintor

Mega Mall Story out on Android now!

cF4zUsqdDI_gDaUrSH9KCZgulryWKMUbKQzdVyD4XHwRy8BsAF1ADSkKKiS2zZ72id_S=w705

YES FINALLY. Was getting really sick of World Cruise Story.

taku

Finally had the meansd to play this today. This game is now my life. How are the devs other games? Grand Prix Story, Epic Space Story, etc?
I bought Mega Mall Story the other day and it is fantastic!
Of the other games I have tried the "demo" (free version gives you 1 year of game time to play around with) of both Epic Astro Story and Hot Springs story and both seem very interesting!

I can vouch for Grand Prix Story and Mega Mall Story, which are both excellent and devoured plenty of time I had earmarked for sleeping.

Fxp

Spent about 20 hours playing Epic Astro Story, my second favorite Kairosoft game after Game Dev Story.

Zyzyxxz

So far I've extensively played

Grand Prix Story
Mega Mall Story
World Cruise Story
Game Dev Story
Epic Astro Story

I would only really recommend Game Dev, Grand Prix, and Megal Mall while Epic Astro is a bit unfleshed out and felt it was missing something but nonetheless its still worth a try.

World Cruise is a disappointing because you get way more real estate than you need and the game seems to be a lot of waiting while renovating is such a hassle.

I think if you've played Megamall story don't bother with World Cruise because they are similar but Mega Mall is much more interesting and interactive.

this game scares me as it's incredibly addictive ("I'll quit after I release this game and see the sales... after I finish training my team... after I hire a new person...etc") yet 99.9% of it is watching numbers add up... also, I don't think my actions have much of an effect on my success. it's like a team of scientists stripped down RPG gaming to its barest elements and assembled an addicting non-game game to see if people would actually play it... and we do. and it's fun...

BACK TO MAKING ROMANCE SIMULATORS FUCKERS

Danj

Sorry if I've asked this before (didn't see anything in the OP) but is there a Complete Noob's Guide to getting started with this game? I looked on GameFAQs but the only guides there are massively detailed references, they don't really cover how to get started.

Danj

OK well I found a few hints and tips on StrategyWiki, my company has been going for like 18 years now and it's not doing too badly, but I can't seem to make the pots of cash necessary to be able to license the latest consoles, anyone got any ideas?

Invest in your employees (train and level them up), fire the shitty ones to hire better ones, rotate your employees for the tasks (don't have the same person do graphics twice in a row; the same applies to sound, design, etc.), pump money into advertising, and pretty soon they will be making hall of fame games every time, which will sell like Hotcakes™ (Hotcakes is a motion control cooking game produced by Seki Systems, a gaming company in the long line of many that takes its name from a Japanese word in the game 'Go').

Find a game combination that is both popular and appropriate. For example, my Romance Simulator games are both extremely popular (both As) and an appropriate combination (increases their level). My long running Shogun series, which explores romance and intrigue in the Warring States era of Japan, includes 9 games, and the last four have sold 33 million, 41 million, 51 million, and 55 million copies. I've also had success with Online RPGs (Online Dreams 1 sold 21 million, Online Dreams 2 sold 42 million), golf simulators (Ninja Golf 1 - 7, the last sold 52 million copies), and many others.

Another thing: don't make the same game type twice in a row. Stick to a few different game types and rotate them. That way, you will increase fans faster. Also, when you initially start out, it makes sense to take contracts for cash and use the research boost option when developing games.

For my first couple of years, I put out really shitty games in popular genres backed by strong advertising, and my profits went up and up until I could afford to hire better people and train them to the point where every game I sold was a blockbuster. After I was selling between 100 - 150 game units a year, I had a 200 million dollar warchest, which I invested in a 64-bit BD-disc console (cost me 100 million dollars) while simultaneously spending 50 - 70 million dollars on advertising to shore up my fanbase. Protip: to build a console you need a hardware engineer. To get a hardware engineer, you need to level up someone in all jobs available. To do this, you need to use the 'change career' powerup that you can buy from the salesman.

Anyway, both of my consoles have dominated the market and by year 20 there was literally nothing left to do. My fanbase was approximately 999 on all categories, my games sold 40 - 55 million units each, and my console penetration wasn't going to get any better. The only thing eluding me has been the perfect score. I've gotten several 10, 10, 10, 9 scores. I dunno if you can get a perfect score. Got GOTY and won every other category though, so fuck the reviewers.

Lkr

so i'm in about year 17 and the playstation/n64 knockoffs are off the market and i can't afford a ps2/xbox license. should i just keep doing contracts forever, lose my fanbase, and then hope to get a license at some point?

John

making a romantic audionovel. game stores have lines around the block because apparently it has really good graphics

I don't understand how they define the genres in this game. For example I made an Adventure-Ninja game and was told it is strange combination. How thw hell is a ninja adventure game considered odd?

I do wish they gave some kind hint as to what the genres are, I mean wtf does table or reversi mean anyway?

So I was hoping some nice person could help me with this problem I'm having: Every time I receive a fan letter, I get an error message after I close the the letter, and the game crashes. Has anyone else experienced this or does anyone have a fix? I'm using the Android version, Galaxy S3, Jelly Bean.

D23

super LTTTP but i just got this on android

and i played for 5 hours straight, what in the flying fuck

this game

Top Bottom