• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer: Call of Duty: Blacksmith (Sledgehammer, Trailer May 4, first screen)

Nokterian

Doesn't look too bad! I just hope it isn't a broken mess on PC, if they have any hope of a purchase from me.

I hate to say it..but PC version will be borked no mather what. Look at MW3 yes they helped with it but you can see that they don't know what there doing. Low FoV, crappy graphic options and no ranked dedicated servers thanks sledgehammer!

Jigolo

I think they are pulling an AC Unity and doing PS4, XBO, PC only for this specific game.

The screen looks amazing if that is in-game.

I actually didn't think Ghosts was that bad, just boring.

I enjoyed the single player as a throwaway dumb campaign and the multiplayer is okay but i always even forget I have it. I enjoy when i play it but don't ever really want to go back to it like I do with Battlefield. I actually thought the co-op alien mode was the best.

A new team could be good things. Treyarch did good work.

Rndm

2442714-1911574311-remem.gif

For some weird reason that was EXACTLY what I was thinking of when I saw that picture.

I liked Ghosts, but I also enjoy all CoD campaigns. They really know who to put together a solid rollercoaster ride. But that ending? Not good. Not good at all.

I enjoyed the train level at the end.

I had no idea what was going on at any point it felt like a bunch of individual levels that were scrapped from previous games and thrown together in a pot.

Rndm

I had no idea Gary Oldman was Reznov. Goddamn. He really is the greatest.

Yeah, good and funny guy. Also seems like he did enjoy voice acting:

http://www.craveonline.com/gaming/a...n-explains-the-art-of-video-game-voice-acting

And imho Black Ops really was the last CoD with a good story (for an acton driven FPS). I mean do people still care about them to an extend where the voice actors are relevant? As long as the MP announcers (and I'm not talking about Snoop here) are good, I cba. Maybe in Black Ops 3 in the zombies mode aside from MP, but my faith and interest in SP, especially in this game IF this will be a sequel to another CoD game (MW3) is zero.

Into

Hype

Too bad the trailers for this game will mostly consist of cutscenes and quirky edits, i want to see gameplay footage

a916

That and the metal things on the glove.

I wonder of Acti might give Sledgehammer Games the chance to make a Dead Space spiritual successor in the future (they have 3 years so they can handle another game on the side).

I hope not... the whole point of giving them 3 years is so they can spend extra time on COD, not squeeze another game in.

Well now, that screen looks positively amazing.

S¡mon;110269456 said:
I just read Kevin Spacey is possibly involved. If so, instant buy.

I find it hard to believe the President had any time in his already busy schedule.

I think it is safe to say that based on the appearance of armor enhanced limbs, we will have manueverability similar to Titanfall (sans jetpack)

scsa

Screen looks good but knowing Activision there is no way they won't release it for ps3/360; too much money to be made in that segment.

Hope we get a true next gen COD this time around with no focus on dogs.

OsirisBlack

Banned
I don't expect a publisher to fund a $100 million Call of Duty game that has tactical gameplay. Any semblance of reality seems to be opposite of this franchise's design philosophy. Tactical shooters died a while ago. Even one that was kickstarted turned out terrible in execution.

You are 100% correct its just sad that no one is even trying to make a good cover based shooter. It's sad when the best one in recent memory was Mass Effect 3's co op.

Demon Ice

Banned
How are people looking at the pic in the OP and arriving at World War I?

Also thank god they fixed the eyes. Assuming that's in game, looks damn good.

How are people looking at the pic in the OP and arriving at World War I?

Also thank god they fixed the eyes. Assuming that's in game, looks damn good.

Supposed leak that was called out as bullshit since there was no way to verify the site (community edited or something) sooooo. IDK, people have problems sometimes letting things go.

Guess there is always a slim chance this has some kind of flashback/alternate WWI/Time travel angle, but it seems to be future set and concerned with PMCs so I doubt it.

Top Bottom