• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer: Footage of the Cancelled Darth Maul Star Wars Game.

Squalor

Wow, a Darth Maul origin story with Metal Gear Rising-esque gameplay could have been amazing.

I'm not even a much of a Star Wars fan, but that had so much potential.

TCRS

Banned
um...

MV5BMTI2MTUwMjczM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTcwNDA0NjA4MQ@@._V1_SY317_CR5,0,214,317_.jpg

Force_UNleashed_2.jpg

yeah but that game doesn't exist.

in my mind.

Q

Queen of Hunting

Unconfirmed Member
wish more star wars games were like jedi power battles on dreamcast

MBR

Banned
This makes me wonder how many other titles haven't been released on Nintendo systems because of questionable business decisions.

I mean, this game was obviously going to be cancelled either way because of Disney, but man, if Nintendo could've exclusively gotten their hands on a Darth Maul game (Which would've probably been M rated) , how many other pieces of potential diamonds have they turned down?
"Nah, we'll be fine without GTA V"?

Data West

coaches in the WNBA
Darth Maul is the prequel Boba Fett.
In the sense that I will never understand why people latch onto this 'character'.

In the sense that I will never understand why people latch onto this 'character'.

Same reason as Boba Fett really

just look at him. That 3D model of Darth Maul looks awesome. He'd make for a hell of an action game protagonist.

Orca

Nintendo had the chance to have an exclusive Star Wars game and they didn't want it?

I can't wrap my head around any of the big three refusing an exclusive from a major IP.

inm8num2

The more canceled SW games we learn about, the more it makes symbolic sense that Disney contracted EA to make their new SW games. :p

dab0ne

I want to cry :(

Because they're both bad asses aesthetically and in practice. Although I can understand the love of Darth Maul more since he was the first Sith anyone saw in the movies besides Vader and the Emperor.

Why are we blaming Disney for it? Nintendo was getting an exclusive Star Wars title and they fucked it up by not paying up. That's where I see the blame. This is why I can't trust Nintendo in knowing wtf they're doing.

Nintendo knew it wasnt worth it to pay for an exclusive game for wii u .

Force Unleashed is one of my fav games and TFU2 was pretty solid. They are not outstanding but they are good solid fun.

This looks like TFU with a Darth Maul twist. Very cool. Shitty it was cancelled.

CNCOMICS

Ugh. I can't blame Disney for these cancelled games, I blame LucasArts for taking so damn long to bring these ideas to fruition.

Cancelled games are like the video game equivalent of the back up QB. Always the most popular games around. People seem to act like every cancelled game would have been the greatest thing ever.

People are complaining about Nintendo not wanting to pay for it, but at the same time we get daily complaints about rising game budgets. I can easily see this games budget inflating to $70-80 million without marketing and Nintendo probably looked at that and said no. Makes sense really.

Why are we blaming Disney for it? Nintendo was getting an exclusive Star Wars title and they fucked it up by not paying up. That's where I see the blame. This is why I can't trust Nintendo in knowing wtf they're doing.

Nintendo's lack of funding just made them go multiplat. It was Disney who canceled it, due to the acquisition. Had Nintendo funded it, it would've ended up canceled anyway.

antonz

Game was doomed no matter what. Disney wants all the focus on the original trilogy/new trilogy. If it isn't that it can fuck off and die is Disney's attitude.

People are complaining about Nintendo not wanting to pay for it, but at the same time we get daily complaints about rising game budgets. I can easily see this games budget inflating to $70-80 million without marketing and Nintendo probably looked at that and said no. Makes sense really.

While bloating budgets was probably a big factor, I expect serious uncertainty concerning lucasarts future played a big part. That company was a mess for a decade.

Orca

Thankfully there are no daily complaints about the lack of third party output on Nintendo platforms then.

Nintendo were looking to make a new Stars Wars IP based around Darth Maul...

That's the kind of crazy you want to see them doing more often :(

Thankfully there are no daily complaints about the lack of third party output on Nintendo platforms then.

Lol it was gonna get the game if went multi-platform before it crashed and burned. These days it is rare for any of the 3 console makers even get a third party exclusive because it doesn't make much sense for the developer or publisher. Other then Titanfall and Bayonetta 2 there hasn't been much in terms of bought 3rd party exclusives.

Akai__

Surprised, that this thread wasn't made earlier.

Anyways, I'm really disappointed. Darth Maul could have been such an amazing character to play with and I would have loved to learn more about him.

Disney please... :'(

Woorloog

Banned
TFU had some very basic limb dismemberment. Felt more like an afterthought, especially compared the decaps in this video.

Pretty sure TFU didn't have that at all (i finished the game a few times so i'm almost certain about this). TFU 2 might have had something but i never played it aside from the demo

Top Bottom