• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer June Cover: Infamous Second Son/PlayStation 4 Issue (30 Pages)

here you go.

- Koenigsegg, Maserati, Pagani, Hennessey are represented
- Start off with slightly less glamorous cars
- Race and increase fame/funds to gain access to better cars
- More people will watch you race as well
- More cars will be added through DLC; will be “one of the biggest titles for Sony from a DLC perspective”
OMG i have a fear about this game car list ...
I hope they won't go crazy on the dlc.
i'm accustomed to Sony car games with +1000 cars ...

Cyberia

"Did we consider it [always-online]? No, we didn't consider it. The main reason being that many countries don't have robust internet connections. It m akes sense for people to have internet connections to play online games, but for offline games there are many countries that we saw do not really have robust internet... We didn't even consider that [always-online]."

Excellent.

I just saw the game informer screens of Infamous: The Second Son and... HOLY SHIT they weren't lying when they said the trailer was real time X3..

IMO it looks the same if not better that what they showed in the trailer

You must have watched a different trailer than I did. Can you screencap anything in the trailer that looks like the GI screens. Even the main character looks worse. I think the trailer used some assets but c'mon.

You guys are taking crazy pills to say it doesn't look worse.

artist

Banned
Holy shit at some of the reactions in this thread.

Oh noes, GAF = MicrosoftLand. Leave Sony alone. *PERSECUTION COMPLEX*

Chamber

love on your sleeve
It looks the same. Delsin's character model is really impressive.

One of these days....it really will be Versus.

alfred-nevah.gif

You must have watched a different trailer than I did. Can you screencap anything in the trailer that looks like the GI screens. Even the main character looks worse. I think the trailer used some assets but c'mon.

You guys are taking crazy pills to say it doesn't look worse.

I'm pretty sure we watched the same trailer and like I said IMO it looks the same...definitely not worse.

I'm pretty sure we watched the same trailer and like I said IMO it looks the same...definitely not worse.

There are scenes in the trailer where he uses the fire whip and one with him shooting a fireball. Both actions are in screenshots and look noticeably worse. I'm sure the trailer used some in game assets but it does not look the same.

Mastperf

I have a subscription but will likely not get the issue for a week or so. I'm a big Infamous fan so I'm happy with the reveal.

There are scenes in the trailer where he uses the fire whip and one with him shooting a fireball. Both actions are in screenshots and look noticeably worse. I'm sure the trailer used some in game assets but it does not look the same.

You can be right.. but I'll wait until they show us some gameplay (hopefully) next month at E3

Obviously, stills never do a game justice.

Did the issue go anyway towards confirming what games will be legit launch day games, or are we still staying vague with launch window for most of them?

Mik_Pad

Banned
Is it possible just to buy this issue as a digital copy? In Game Informer's site it only gives me the option to subscribe.

Sometimes, this place is just....sigh

the bad outweighs the good I guess....

Looks pretty much like an update on most of the games revealed in the PS meeting. Meaning new info/dev interviews/new screens/and updates on all those games as well as some hands on with the controller and interviews with Yosh...I really don't know why anything would be NEW to people who browse the internet for gaming news on average of 3-5 hours a day, but for me, this is pretty cool stuff...

I'm most interested in hearing about the hands on impressions with the dualshock 4. If anyone has a copy of the magazine, some info sharing would be much appreciated.

TheHater

Still don't understand all the hate for Infamous.
I'm really looking forward to Second Son. Love the new info on gameplay,

Concept17

Still don't understand all the hate for Infamous.
I'm really looking forward to Second Son. Love the new info on gameplay,

Yeah, easily one of the most original new IPs of the last generation with gameplay mechanics that not only were refreshing, but improved upon tenfold in the sequel. The two games are some of the best, and deserve more praise.

Top Bottom