• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer May: Mass Effect 3 [Update: Details In OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Totobeni

An blind dancing ho
Wario64 said:
http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/..._cover_2d00_reveled_2d00_me3_2d00_789055.aspx

http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/electronic-arts/bioware/masseffect3/may2011cover1280.jpg[/

[IMG]http://media1.gameinformer.com/imagefeed/featured/electronic-arts/bioware/masseffect3/may2011coverfront610.jpg[/[/QUOTE]

uh, Bioware really need to put Female Shepard ( with their own new detailed render of her) on some covers by now, they can't deny the superior Shepard.

sam27368

Banned
Can someone answer me this, for those living outside the US can we subscribe to a digital copy? I can't see one around.

Marleyman

Banned
Mr. B Natural said:
And it all boils down to aliens versus earth?
I spoke too soon when I said they couldn't make the story to ME any less interesting after me2.

Or, the earth ends and it's payback time! Yeah. Take that cliche!

Do you know this for sure? I sure as hell haven't heard it was just earth getting destroyed.

Darklord

Banned
I hope they don't pull some "Earth holds the key to defeating the Reapers! We are descendants of an ancient race who created them!" kin of shit like so many sci-fi stories have.

Mr. B Natural said:
And it all boils down to aliens versus earth?
I spoke too soon when I said they couldn't make the story to ME any less interesting after me2.

Or, the earth ends and it's payback time! Yeah. Take that cliche!
FYpIP.jpg

Can't get any dumber really.

Edit :resize.

Marleyman said:
Do you know this for sure? I sure as hell haven't heard it was just earth getting destroyed.
Well the story has already boiled down to the universe getting destroyed by aliens for reasons so dumb and cliche it makes my head spin. So having a cover where the earth is getting destroyed is suppose to have a crescendo of emotional impact? Is that their effort to ramp it up?

The story is already lost to me. Their best bet for a cover would be to not show anything plotwise like that did for me2 ads (that I remember at least). Here's some guys shooting sci-fi guns. You like guns? Remember Shepard's face? Good. Now buy our game.

LiK

Kyaw said:
I actually play with default Shepard. Anyone else?

ME3 better have bigger areas this time around... :(
I only started playing with default Shep with the PS3 ver. Really do not like the male voice.

ckohler

Gravijah said:
that's cause each and every femshep is customized with loving care <3
Exactly. :)

Seriously though, judging by the amount of times they've pimped "Defautshep" over the years, it makes one wonder why they even bothered to make gender and appearance an option.

Marleyman

Banned
Mr. B Natural said:
Well the story has already boiled down to the universe getting destroyed by aliens for reasons so dumb and cliche it makes my head spin. So having a cover where the earth is getting destroyed is suppose to have a crescendo of emotional impact? Is that their effort to ramp it up?

I guess they think that since we live on Earth we will have some sort of emotions as it is destroyed.

Mr. B Natural said:
The story is already lost to me. Their best bet for a cover would be to not show anything plotwise like that did for me2 ads (that I remember at least). Here's some guys shooting sci-fi guns. You like guns? Buy our game.

I am not giving up on the story yet but yeah, they could have just kept it a bit mysterious on the cover. They are really throwing the Reapers in our faces:
the end of ME2, the end of Arrival DLC, the teaser trailer
and now this...Reaper overload!

Yasae

Banned
UnluckyKate said:
Before I kill you. I need a name.
Welcome to Mass Effect 2. Please press [Mouse 1] to perform a renegade action and have Grunt blown out of the airlock.

Talking Vagina™: Ready when you are, commander.

subversus said:
it's a fucking spoiler man

This is a Mass Effect 3 thread.

And really, without context, nobody would know what that is or what it means. It doesn't look like the thing we are told it is.

If the Reapers knew what was good for them they'd see Italy in the top right and stop by for a pasta dish + maybe a soccer game. They'd then leave Earth in peace.

No Shepard needed.

We're not off to a good start. We've got super angry shepard for the bros out there, and a total focus on Earth like the rest of the galaxy means jack shit.

Hoping for just a bad marketing campaign, but DA2 proved differently.

EatChildren

Currently polling second in Australia's federal election (first in the Gold Coast), this feral may one day be your Bogan King.
Mr. B Natural said:
The story is already lost to me. Their best bet for a cover would be to not show anything plotwise like that did for me2 ads (that I remember at least). Here's some guys shooting sci-fi guns. You like guns? Remember Shepard's face? Good. Now buy our game.

BioWare ruined 90% of Mass Effect 2's plot, twists and characters through the pre-release teasers, trailers and features. They are, without a shred of doubt, one of the worst developers in the world for shitting over all forms of secrecy and subtlety. It's fucking pathetic and I hate them for having no class in handling PR.

Fact of the matter is if you intend to follow Mass Effect 3, you will have most of the game spoiled before you play it. BioWare are shit like that.

Gravijah

EatChildren said:
BioWare ruined 90% of Mass Effect 2's plot, twists and characters through the pre-release teasuers, trailers and features. They are, without a shred of doubt, one of the worst developers in the world for shitting over all forms of secrecy and subtlety. It's fucking pathetic and I hate them for having no class in handling PR.

Fact of the matter is if you intend to follow Mass Effect 3, you will have most of the game spoiled before you play it. BioWare are shit like that.

I had actually kept what is on the cover a secret until now. :/

Dilly

Banned
How does the focus on earth still come to a surprise to some?

It's not like the whole game is going to take place on earth.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom