• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game Informer Scores

Gigglepoo

beelzebozo said:
It was just a signal to me that GI and I were on totally different wavelengths as far as taste in games is concerned.

I can understand that.

The thing is, GI didn't give PM2 a low score or WW a low score - some guy did. The problem with these huge publications is that individual reviewers get lost. You disagree with the guy who didn't like PM2 (and you disagree with me as well) but that doesn't mean GI sucks. It's important to know who is giving out these reviews because actual people are playing these games. Not lecturing you just something we all need to realize.

beelzebozo

Jealous Bastard
Gigglepoo said:
I can understand that.

The thing is, GI didn't give PM2 a low score or WW a low score - some guy did. The problem with these huge publications is that individual reviewers get lost. You disagree with the guy who didn't like PM2 (and you disagree with me as well) but that doesn't mean GI sucks. It's important to know who is giving out these reviews because actual people are playing these games. Not lecturing you just something we all need to realize.

Is GI doing a podcast yet? That always helps me pay attention to who's giving the mag reviews for EGM.

dirtmonkey37

flinging feces ---->
PezRadar said:
Featured Game: Need for Speed Carbon

Shit tons of previews.. Great issue go out and buy it. E3 coverage that spans over 100ish pages. Ranks 50 hottest E3 games.

E3 Scores
Nintendo - A-
MS - A
Sony - C+

Scores:
GOTM: New Super Mario Bros.
PCGOTM: Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends

X-Men: The Official Game: 4 / SO 5
Urban Chaos: Riot Response: 7.75 / SO 7.5
The Da Vinci Code: 6 / SO 6
Gallop Racer 2006: 6.75
Sreet Fighter Alpha Anthology: 7.5
Naruto: Ultimate Ninja: 6.5
Table Tennis: 8 / SO 7.25
Moto GP '06: 8.75
Hitman: Blood Money: 7.75
Rise of Nations: Rise of Legends - 9.5 / SO 9.5 (PCGOTM)
SiN Episodes: Emergence: - 7.75 / SO 7
Paradise: 5.25
Darwinia: 7.5
Heroes of Might & Magic V: 8.25 / SO 7.5
New Super Mario Bros: 9.25 / SO 9.25 (GOTM)
Tomb Raider: Legend (PSP): 8.25 / 8
The Legend of Heroes II: 6
Lemmings: 7.25

Loose Talk
Wii no price at E3 because the vertical sensor isnt finished on the controller. Company doesnt have known price for system until this is known. Also some peripheral for racing game that would make them easier to handle being considered.

Jurassic Park logo spotted on a monitor in a meeting room behind closed doors at E3 booth. Movie on marketplace download? questions questions.

EA is making System Shock 3 since they have rights to the name. Godfather team is making it.

Kutargi's chose the games shown at E3 himself and he chose the developers that were close and tight with him and not the good shit.

PS3 losing exclusives: GI hears Assasins Creed and Mercenaries 2 will be announced for 360.

My Impressions (no, I'm no longer a junior member)

SONY

These are the most just scores for E3 presentations. Sony's conference sucked. I couldn't believe how long they showed GT4...oh, sorry, GT HD, a 2 year old....oh, sorry, a brand new PS3 game, because I could have just fallen asleep.

Non of their games caught my attention. Resistance looked meh, but after seeing the creativity that went into the weapons.......it was meh......but it was a very MEH! meh.

Anyways, the made a lot of groundbreaking announcements, but the announcements didn't make me happy....

MICROSOFT

Microsoft did an excellent job. Their presentation was succinct and to-the-point and just provided me with the information I wanted to know.

They expanded on all the new IP's they were making, the announced controversial sequels, announced how they were expanding upon the services they're providing users (live Arcade, etc.), announced new peripherals that actually matter (camera), told people the direction they were going in with the 360 and, most importantly,

THEY FOCUSED ON GAMES! All of which, for the most part, look fabulous.

Nintendo

The score seems perfect as well. Nintendo's conference had some parts where it was just a little meh (about half way into the TLP demo I was pretty tired), but they started out well, actually showed how the Wii worked (and it does, apparently), and talked about games.

GAMES!!!! The conference itself didn't stay interesting throughout, like Microsoft's (and how they kept moving on and just touched upon everything instead of explaining things in detail. That's left for behind closed doors and interviews etc.), but it did 90 percent of the time which explains the score.

E306 made me want to get a wii instead of a PS3. I'm now a wii60 guy!
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

And how come no one is talking about the Jurassic Park thing? Downloading movies on marketplace? Maybe there's a game being made in conjunction with JP4? Steven Spielberg was at the show with his daughter (that lucky bitch! she's 10 years old and she doesn't even want to be there), and he was checking out the Assasin's Creed room.....

He is making a few games.....

Yeah, sure, Kutaragi chose devs he was comfy with. Is that the reason the PS3's graphics didn't blow away what we saw on the 360? Who knows. All I know is that I'd rather have Too Human, Gears of War, Mass Effect, and Alan Wake than Resistance and Heavenly Sword (and MGS4).

Yeah, PS3 losing exclusives. This shouldn't even be in lose talk. We already knew that Mercs and Assassin's Creed were coming to 360, blah blah blah, yaddah, yaddah, yaddah.

I never played system shock, but based on how amazing Godfather was, I expect great thigns....:D

And, I hope the Wii is 199. That would definitely make me buy one on launch day. Please work out the vertical sensor issues!

ZeoVGM

Banned
finally got mine in the mail

so uh, anyone notice how 4 out of the 7 screenshots in the NSMB review are of stuff that was taken out of the game? they all show the Mario/Luigi co-op mode that was replaced with a more normal competitive mode (they also have the uglier ? blocks and backgrounds). nice job GI!

AbeFroman

BrandNew said:
I would like to know the 50 best E3 games. Anyone want to be cool and type up at least the top 10?

The top 10 was

1.Gears of War
2.Spore
3.Mass Effect
4.Super Mario Galaxy
5.MGS4: Guns of the Patriots
6.Halo
7.Assassin's Creed
8.BioShock
9.Crysis
10. Supreme Commander

AbeFroman said:
The top 10 was

1.Gears of War
2.Spore
3.Mass Effect
4.Super Mario Galaxy
5.MGS4: Guns of the Patriots
6.Halo
7.Assassin's Creed
8.BioShock
9.Crysis
10. Supreme Commander

What the hell, Halo? I can understand MGS4 being on the list because the trailer was amazing..but...Halo?

Top Bottom