• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

mxgt

Banned
If the writers even tried to convey how long the group were on that rock it would have redeemed the episode a lot.

As it is it seems like they're there mere hours rather than days.

Which then makes it even worse that the Night King sits there and does nothing for days.

Heshinsi

"playing" dumb? unpossible
Don't want to get into this again but Viserion's flight pattern wasn't diverging when the NK went for him. Whether Jon went on Drogon or not didn't determine Viserion's death.
Jon was stupid, but Viserion wasn't his fault.

I think we're both looking at this from different time stamps. Here's the cuts:

• Dany lands and reaches for Jon, but Jon decides to go fight some zombies
  • We then see a White Walker reach for an ice spear and give it to the NK and he starts moving towards the flames
  • It cuts back to Jon still fighting, with almost everyone on board
  • Jorah then yells "Jon!"
  • What's Jon doing? Still fucking fighting and is now moving forward and away from Drogon
  • The Night King starts moving towards the edge of the platform, and he walks through the flames
  • It cuts back to the Hound skewaring the zombie they captured onto one of Drogons spikes
  • Dany now looks back at Jon, who guess what? Is still fucking fighting zombies one on one.
  • The camera then cuts to the Night King, and finally in this shot are we shown Visarion coming in from the top left corner
Viserion wasn't on a single path the entire time that sequence was happening. Only in the final frame I listed does he start on the flight path that allowed the NK to strike him down.

1uhfrz.gif

That is the final part of the sequence, and you can see that Viserion begins his doomed path at that point. Jon gets on Drogon from the jump, or close to it, there's a high probability that the Dragons clear out in time.

This gif is spliced, because there are bits in between Jorah yelling out Jon's name and the Night King throwing the spearB that are missing.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
Man it's even stupider in those gifs. Apparently the wights stop charging JUST when the NK snipes Viserion. So Jon gets a good 5-6 seconds to stare menacingly at the NK before going "I've made a huge mistake".

l m f a o

I wish they had caught my reaction. I was visibly and audibly stunned the second Jon told Gendry to run to Eastwatch, because I knew exactly where this was all going and it was the most horribly stupid thing they could ever put to film.

I wish you could have seen my mental reaction. Literally: "Man ... RDreamer is going to have a week long meltdown over this"

What a weird episode. It was totally fan service again, but some parts felt stupid:

- The forgettable "red shirts". Whenever they needed a casualty on the hero side it was some random, unknown dude
- Thoros' death. He survives a fucking zombie bear attack, yet dies in his sleep because nobody pays attention
- They were supposed to be hundreds of miles from the next female and it took them what seemed days, yet Gendry was super fast back in civilization
- Dany was there within like half an hour
- Why the hell does Jon suddenly fight like 50 meters away from everyone else?
- Why didn't nobody pay attention to what the NK was doing? One of the most dangerous characters in the show..
- Why didn't Benjen hop on the horse aswell? It would just needed to be until the next ridge and then he could have brought Jon with him. What a worthless death..
- Don't know whatever Arya and Sansa were doing..

Surfinn

There's no fucking way. Arya turned the blade around and gave it back to Sansa. She won't turn her back on family. That's her whole schtick. She's just making sure that Sansa won't as well. I'd be willing to put money on
Littlefinger getting totally screwed next episode.

I hope so. Have we seen him even make a mistake yet?

Nev

Banned
Yes, why wouldn't the leader and last of her name just fly over a wall by herself into dangerous territory to just look at the potentially dangerous enemies she has. Great idea, you deserve to be the writer my man.
/s

It's better to send the king of the north and a few people to get a zombie from an army of zombies that apparently have the power to destroy the entire world. On foot.

Do you read what you write? Drop the case. It's not worth it; episode was embarrassing garbage.

Viserion died because jon is a fucking DUMBASS. Jon SHOULD HAVE STAYED DEAD.
How can blind fans still cheer for him? Woooooo, he's the song of ice and fire, so special, so unique, the entire series' about him! His stupidity should have killed him 100 times already. FUCK JON SNOW, PLEASE DIE SOON.

The talentless writer responsible for the most idiotic moment in 7 years doesn't know himself, I'd bet.

Oh I see, there is actual people out there that cheers this kind of garbage.

Maybe they can enjoy it because they don't invest so much of themselves in the show. Better that then get so worked up that you put yourself at risk of a stroke.

It's a show about dragons and other magical shit for god's sake.

Ithil

Maybe they can enjoy it because they don't invest so much of themselves in the show. Better that then get so worked up that you put yourself at risk of a stroke.

It's a show about dragons and other magical shit for god's sake.

Sorry, that's bullshit. Look at those bar reactions posted above, they're all screaming and crying and whatever nonstop. They're far more invested than I am at this point.

Also that "there's magic and stuff who cares they can do any random shit" is such a lame excuse, and one that GOT purposely avoided in its earlier seasons.

cr0w

Old Member
Anyone bothered by how the Night King looks now?

This is him before:

And this is him now:
the-night-king-game-of-thrones-featured.jpg

He doesn't look as intimidating as he should. He looks like my fucking uncle now. I cant watch the show without losing focus whenever the Night King appears.

He looks a LOT like a certain other actor currently on the show. Maybe it's intentional.

Cmerrill

You don't need to be empathetic towards me.

This is him before:

And this is him now:

He doesn't look as intimidating as he should. He looks like my fucking uncle now. I cant watch the show without losing focus whenever the Night King appears.

He looks like Bran. Maybe Bran is the Night King.....

How can blind fans still cheer for him? Woooooo, he's the song of ice and fire, so special, so unique, the entire series' about him! His stupidity should have killed him 100 times already. FUCK JON SNOW, PLEASE DIE SOON.

Because he's the chosen one, He's going to bring balance to Westeros.

I'm not even that salty about the episode.
Figured the show's final arc would be so polarising and rushed.
GoT's not going to have a satisfying ending.

• We then see a White Walker reach for an ice spear and give it to the NK and he starts moving towards the flames
  • What's Jon doing? Still fucking fighting and is now moving forward and away from Drogon
  • The Night King starts moving towards the edge of the platform, and he walks through the flames
  • It cuts back to the Hound skewaring the zombie they captured onto one of Drogons spikes
  • Dany now looks back at Jon, who guess what? Is still fucking fighting zombies one on one.
  • The camera then cuts to the Night King, and finally in this shot are we shown Visarion coming in from the top left corner
Viserion wasn't on a single path the entire time that sequence was happening. Only in the final frame I listed does he start on the flight path that allowed the NK to strike him down.

1uhfrz.gif

That is the final part of the sequence, and you can see that Viserion begins his doomed path at that point. Jon gets on Drogon from the jump, or close to it, there's a high probability that the Dragons clear out in time.

I understand. Whatever made Jon so suicidal again?

mackattk

GoT has character plot armor now. Not gonna happen.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
It's better to send the king of the north and a few people to get a zombie from an army of zombies that apparently can destroy the entire world. On foot.

Do you read what you write? Drop the case. It's not worth it; episode was embarrassing garbage.
Dany's first scene in this episode is them talking about how it's a brave but stupid plan, but straight up their only hope since Cersei is....well Cersei, they still have a sliver of faith that she'll join them once she sees proof as even Dany, mother of three dragons didn't believe until this episode. And the plan nearly worked with them luring a small group in and ambushing them. Do YOU read what you write? Because some of your posts straight up imply that you're basically angry that all the characters didn't die.

Volimar

1uhfrz.gif

Jon's trying to keep the walkers from swamping Drogon.

y2dvd

He also got uncle Benny killed!

Elandyll

Banned
The talentless writer responsible for the most idiotic moment in 7 years doesn't know himself, I'd bet.

You need to watch it again.

He was about to get on when he saw they would be swarmed by wights before they'd get on Drogo.

He then proceeded to fight off the first wave while the others got on.

In the heat of the fight, he didn't realize he was getting further, and then as they were finishing to board and Hound impaled the wight on Drogo, Vys got killed and everyone froze.
Then out of anger Jon killed like 2 more wights and for -an instant- considered going for NK following what Thoros said, when he saw him grabbing a spear. He then turned and ran to them while screaming to take off but was tackled to the ground and into the lake.

Smart or stupid had nothing to do with it (viewers often forget having a bird's eye view can be quite different than being in the middle of it). He saved the mission, plain and simple, which wasn't even his idea to start with.

Also, given he showed himself just as good if not better than any of the rest (including Hound and Tormund) and what they survived, I think it's safe to say that yes, Jon might be one of the strongest fighters in Westeros right now.

Suck it Jon haters :p

a916

This is him before:

And this is him now:

I think he looks a million times better... he looks more realistic and more like a human. I think the proportions of the mouth/chin were off before.

mackattk

Protagonist has plot armour, shocking.

One of the best things about the earlier seasons was that it felt like anyone could die. Now? They put themselves in stupid, idiotic situations where they could easily be killed, and the only people that are killed are the red shirts that no one has any invested interest in.

You need to watch it again.

He was about to get on when he saw they would be swarmed by wights before they'd get on Drogo.

He then proceeded to fight off the first wave while the others got on.

In the heat of the fight, he didn't realize he was getting further, and then as they were finishing to board and Hound impaled the wight on Drogo, Vys got killed and everyone froze.
Then out of anger Jon killed like 2 more wights and for -an instant- considered going for NK following what Thoros said, when he saw him grabbing a spear. He then turned and ran to them while screaming to take off but was tackled to the ground and into the lake.

Smart or stupid had nothing to do with it (viewers often forget having a bird's eye view can be quite different than being in the middle of it). He saved the mission, plain and simple, which wasn't even his idea to start with.

Also, given he showed himself just as good if not better than any of the rest (including Hound and Tormund) and what they survived, I think it's safe to say that yes, Jon might be one of the strongest fighters in Westeros right now.

Suck it Jon haters :p

They already wrote Jon off for getting a precious dragon killed.
The hate is cemented, rip.

One of the best things about the earlier seasons was that it felt like anyone could die. Now? They put themselves in stupid, idiotic situations where they could easily be killed, and the only people that are killed are the red shirts that no one has any invested interest in.

Right, but that gimmick had to end sometime. Jon and a few others were going to be characters with plot armour, it's just the way it is.

pablito

They shoulda just had the ice dragon revive in the ice and break out of it. Frozen layer on top only, not the entire lake.

Would been cooler looking and not need chains

Top Bottom