• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

FiggyCal

Banned
Here's the thing that really bothers me: Sansa knows LF had Jon Arryn killed.

Why? He was an old man and likely would have died in a few years. Moreover, if LF wanted Lysa so badly why didn't he go to her?

The only thing I believe from LF is that he loved Cat. So Sansa should have put it together that LF knows that if the hand died, Robert would trust no one else but Ned.

He wanted Ned out of the picture so he can get Cat somehow. Cat was supposed to live in Kings Landing as the hand's wife. But Jaime pushing bran made cat stay in Winterfell longer.

Sansa should know that if not for LF her father would be alive. That alone should be reason to kill him
Jon Arryn's death had to be a murder so the Starks would be suspicious of the Lannisters.

Here's the thing that really bothers me: Sansa knows LF had Jon Arryn killed.

Why? He was an old man and likely would have died in a few years. Moreover, if LF wanted Lysa so badly why didn't he go to her?

The only thing I believe from LF is that he loved Cat. So Sansa should have put it together that LF knows that if the hand died, Robert would trust no one else but Ned.

He wanted Ned out of the picture so he can get Cat somehow. Cat was supposed to live in Kings Landing as the hand's wife. But Jaime pushing bran made cat stay in Winterfell longer.

Sansa should know that if not for LF her father would be alive. That alone should be reason to kill him

Does she?

When Lysa made that admission Sansa had left the room.

Before she died she didn't bring it up either.

KHlover

Banned
His general tone during the scene was not to aggressively attack. He insisted that they stick to his plan throughout the whole thing, saying he underestimated his enemies, which Dany immediately calls him out on. His plan is so obviously bad and not working, but he wanted them to stick to it, if he had his way, they would not have flown to attack the loot train.

It reads more like wishful thinking. I recall people saying Arya getting stabbed by the Waif was a fake out, and she wasn't bleeding out and begging for help around the city sincerely and that it was all a plan.

Arya learned how to be stealthy and how to kill people, she didn't get any smarter.

She did learn how to play the game of faces however and lied throughout the entire game of faces with Sansa. She never wanted to be a knight, that was Bran. She did see how Sansa was crying and begging on that platform. She did serve Tywin Lannister in Harrenhal and obviously she couldn't care less about living like a Lady.

effzee

Guys, guys... reading this post some of you, think that Arya is a brat and she is complaining because her sister send a letter, etc. And she is annoying. Maybe we are all underestimating her training and all of this is an act, so she can kill LF. Remember Arya is like an actress with her faces. She is misleading both, Sansa (Sister/Ally) and LF (Creep/enemy). Expect the dead of Master Creep (LF) in season finale.

#TeamArya

and

All the Evidence Arya and Sansa Are Plotting Against Littlefinger on Game of Thrones

Man I feel so bad for people believing this.

I think at this point this just a plot they thought would be cool and tense. There isn't much more to it.

FiggyCal

Banned
Man I feel so bad for people believing this.

I think at this point this just a plot they thought would be cool and tense. There isn't much more to it.
That might explain why Arya's memory of how Sansa reacted to their father's death is strangely inaccurate. She remembers what Sansa was wearing at their father's beheading but not that she was screaming and sobbing as it happened. Maybe that mistake is a hint to the audience that everything is not as it seems.

... Arya declares that she's playing the game of faces — a game in which the listener is supposed to determine truths from lies — and then goes on to tell several lies. She says she would never serve the Lannisters but was Tywin's cup bearer. She says she wonders what it would be like to wear Sansa's "pretty dresses," even though Arya has expressed absolutely no interest in the trappings of femininity throughout the series. And of course she misremembers Sansa's reaction to their father's beheading. Perhaps these are all lies Arya is telling as part of the "Game of Faces."
embarassed-for-u.gif

People really are setting themselves up for disappointment.

The finale should have a reveal where Tyrion's been secretly sabotaging Dany the whole time on purpose to save Kings Landing from Dany. It would make a lot of his garbage advice and relentless failure make way more sense. He may hate Cersei, but he loves Jaime and loves Kings Landing. Think about Tyrion's advice so far:

- Send Jorah away a second time
- Trust the Masters
- Leave the Second Sons behind (not just Dario, but the whole mercenary army)
- Never attack the Red Keep
- Spread his forces, leaving Highgarden defenseless and losing 2 of his allies
- Told Dany not to attack the Lannister Loot train, which was her big victory
- The whole kidnap a Wight mission was his idea
- He told Dany not to fly to save Jon, but at this point he knew she wouldn't listen

He's been sabotaging her from day 1!

Yep.. i started thinking seriously that Tyrion was out trying to sabotage things for Dany when he made the plan to have Jon catch a walker outside of the walls. Dude was really conservative and safe on his advices and now comes out with this shit plan? 🤔 Then raise up the lines of succession?

As for Arya.. she's about to take that L soon. Probably this comingt episode.. you can't have that much consecutive rows of Ws all while disobeying the many faced god. Jaqen Hagar hammers on this while Arya was training.

Rvaan

Banned
Yep.. i started thinking seriously that Tyrion was out trying to sabotage things for Dany when he made the plan to have Jon catch a walker outside of the walls. Dude was really conservative and safe on his advices and now comes out with this shit plan? 🤔 Then raise up the lines of succession?

1. Jorah and Jon volunteered for that. Tyrion just came up with the trash plan.
2. He realized he needed a big win and swing for the fences. It was an ill advised swing.

labx

Banned
People really are setting themselves up for disappointment.

The article is far fetched, I'm aware of that. I don't think that the plot is like that DEEP. I think that Arya being a fav character, maybe have a little more to do that bitchin' around. So she is going to kill LF because he is a creep and because Sansa is aware that he is like a total douche.

Tyrion hates Kings Landing. "I saved you. I saved all of you. I should have let Stannis kill you all." Even after everything he has done in service of the city, the people still hated him for being a dwarf.

I'm just gonna ignore any speculation/theory on Sansa and Arya.
The last time theories went wild with Arya and the Waif last season, it turned out exactly as it was shown, she got duped.

Gonna watch the Winterfell scenes with the lowest expectations.

The last time theories went wild with Arya and the Waif last season, it turned out exactly as it was shown, she got duped.

Yeeeeep. Learned my lesson the first time.

I just don't see how LF can survive much longer. I don't think there's much more to the storyline than wrapping him up. What's the use of having this master of deception around when the politics angle of the story is taking a back seat. They're already having enough of a hard time cramming all the stuff into the story.

There could be a twist I suppose, like LF manages a great escape and ends up in Essos to ply his trade there.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Does anyone know if Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson is still the one in the armor playing The Mountain?

I mean we haven't seen him without his armor on since he's been zombified. I wonder if we'll ever see him without that armor on again.

Vashetti

Banned
Does anyone know if Hafþór Júlíus Björnsson is still the one in the armor playing The Mountain?

I mean we haven't seen him without his armor on since he's been zombified. I wonder if we'll ever see him without that armor on again.

You can see it's still him in the S6 finale, when he takes off his helmet and begins the torture of Septa Unella.

People brightened the shot and it's clearly him with prosthetic makeup.

I like how we're all ripping the plan and just assuming the worst from Cersei. What if she's all like "oh my bad. Yeah, looks pretty serious. Let bygones be bygones as we move on together to collaborate and protect the dear innocent people we rule over from this oncoming doom that is bigger than any individual desire I may have."

Tyrion redeemed.

The gold still got to Kings Landing and Cersei has the support of the Iron Bank. There's gotta be a trick up her sleeve since we haven't gotten any scenes of her machinations.

I like how we're all ripping the plan and just assuming the worst from Cersei. What if she's all like "oh my bad. Yeah, looks pretty serious. Let bygones be bygones as we move on together to collaborate and protect the dear innocent people we rule over from this oncoming doom that is bigger than any individual desire I may have."

Tyrion redeemed.

I'm actually really interested in what Cersei has to say.

LakeEarth

Tyrion redeemed.

She's going to pull some heinous shit on Sunday, that I have no doubt. The only question is the level of success.

Rvaan

Banned
I'm actually really interested in what Cersei has to say.

Cersei will start out questioning this meeting is needed if neither of them is willing to surrender. She'll laugh at the idea of the Night King and wights.She's going to take a stab at everyone to try and set them off. She'll go with all the classics. Stark bastard shot at Jon. Mad King and/or Rhaegar shot at Dany. Parent killer shot at Tyrion. Then she will begrudgingly agree to work together for the safety of the realm after the wight gets thrown on the floor and Jaime agrees to help them kill the Night King and his army.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Same, we've not seen her confront any sort of magic so far. Like has been said multiple times in the show, you sorta need to see them to understand.

Well, she said in a previous episode that she's down with a stop in hostilities so that she can beat Dany through subterfuge, since her army would get crushed by the dragons. So I expect her to go along with it pretty easily, but not want to put her soldiers on the front lines. Then I expect Dany to not want to put her's up there either.

riotous

Banned
Cersei will be so frightened by the wight that she'll join forces with Jon/Daeny. She will also be entranced by the majestic beauty of Daeny riding a dragon, and will bend a knee to her with a marriage proposal. They will be so happy together they no longer want to rule, and Gendry and Arya will become the king/queen of the 7 kingdoms, with Jon as their hand. Each involved family will change their seal to a 3 headed wolf lion dragon beast.

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Well, she said in a previous episode that she's down with a stop in hostilities so that she can beat Dany through subterfuge, since her army would get crushed by the dragons. So I expect her to go along with it pretty easily, but not want to put her soldiers on the front lines. Then I expect Dany to not want to put her's up there either.

I meant more just the realisation that the White Walkers are real.

subrock

Cersei will be so frightened by the wight that she'll join forces with Jon/Daeny. She will also be entranced by the majestic beauty of Daeny riding a dragon, and will bend a knee to her with a marriage proposal. They will be so happy together they no longer want to rule, and Gendry and Arya will become the king/queen of the 7 kingdoms, with Jon as their hand. Each involved family will change their seal to a 3 headed wolf lion dragon beast.

I predict a song and dance number to wrap things up

Nameless

Cersei

-Willing to put aside her differences with Ned. To end the conflict with the Starks
-Put aside most of her differences with Tyrion ahead of Stannis' siege.
-Put aside her differences with the Tyrells to take down the High Sparrow.

She's totally willing to work with her enemies when it suits her. Doesn't mean the peace will hold indefinitely, or that she wouldn't exploit an opening, but this IS the character. Anyone saying she's just a mindless evil bitch who'd never work with those she despises has woefully misread the character.

Einchy

Cersei

-Willing to put aside her differences with Ned. To end the conflict with the Starks

She's totally willing to work with her enemies when it suits her. Doesn't mean the peace will hold indefinitely, or that she wouldn't exploit an opening, but this IS the character. Anyone saying she's just a mindless evil bitch who'd never work with those she despises has woefully misread the character.

Thing is, that Cersei was a different Cersei that we have now. Cersei with 3 kids would've definitely done it but I dunno about Cersei without any, I dunno, maybe being pregnant has chilled her out some more and she has to think about what will happen to her unborn baby if she doesn't form this alliance.

B-Dubs

No Scrubs
Cersei

Especially considering that conversation she had with Jamie after he got back from the loot train massacre.

Cersei

you what now? Sending him to the wall is not putting differences. Just because Joffrey is a (dumb) cunt of supreme proportions (only Ramsey would have done this), it doesn't show some mercy or work out for her.

What exactly can Cersei do to Tyrion? She has zero power, and her son is too much of a punk bitch by that time to do anything to Tyrion either.

The third point literally ends with all of them being blown to pieces, what did she do to work with the Sparrows? She aligned with the Sparrow because she underestimated him so he could hurt the Tyrells.

Saying that, I can see her forming an alliance while waiting to stab them in the back (in this episode).

-griffy-

Banned
We know Cersei has been working on sneaky shit with Qyburn behind the scenes, Jaime interrupting one of their meetings. I fully expect her to pull some fuckery at this meeting with some Qyburn bullshit.

Atlantis

Yeah, I'm not expecting any twists or turns from this.

Littlefinger should have died soon after Bran's arrival back in Winterfell. It is completely unbelievable to me that he continues to plot and scheme with Bran present, especially after they had Bran drop the "Chaos is a ladder." line. This entire subplot just seems like a massively hamfisted way to give Arya and Sansa something to do and keep them on the screen. If they were less popular characters they'd have probably had their reunions and just been absent from the rest of the season completely. (Euron?)

dLMN8R

We know Cersei has been working on sneaky shit with Qyburn behind the scenes, Jaime interrupting one of their meetings. I fully expect her to pull some fuckery at this meeting with some Qyburn bullshit.

Wasn't that just him discussing her possible pregnancy, and then in a later meeting confirming her pregnancy?

Unless she's just lying about the pregnancy or that was misdirection.

Einchy

Jaime is the one who I think will really get the power of the White Walkers, I mean, the dude fought Drogon and saw EVERYTHING it did without even trying and how their scorpion didn't do shit to Drogon, so to find out that there's a creature that went 1 v 1 against a dragon and won, is a pretty scary prospect.

zethren

Banned
Wasn't that just him discussing her possible pregnancy, and then in a later meeting confirming her pregnancy?

Unless she's just lying about the pregnancy or that was misdirection.

No way she's actually pregnant. That was a power move by her to continue manipulating Jaime. That's my bet anyway.

SkylineRKR

I just don't see how LF can survive much longer. I don't think there's much more to the storyline than wrapping him up. What's the use of having this master of deception around when the politics angle of the story is taking a back seat. They're already having enough of a hard time cramming all the stuff into the story.

There could be a twist I suppose, like LF manages a great escape and ends up in Essos to ply his trade there.

Yeah hes on the way out. He's either being played by Sansa (who learnt stuff from him, and Cersei), or Bran is going to reveal the betrayalton shit he's done to Ned. He still has to pay for his treachery.

Volimar

I still think that the last shot of the season is the NK bringing the Wall down. I'll be so disappointed if he just finds a way through it/over it.

riotous

Banned
Little Finger might be on his way out, but he won't go without doing some damage.

He's up to something that we don't know about beyond his attempt to distance Arya and Sansa.

Ferrio

Banned
Little Finger might be on his way out, but he won't go without doing some damage.

He's up to something that we don't know about beyond his attempt to distance Arya and Sansa.

I hope not, I really want to see him go out completely and utterly fucked.

Volimar

I hope not, I really want to see him go out completely and utterly fucked.

Same here. I want Arya, Sansa and Bran to be united against him and the two just watch while Arya slits his throat, preferably low enough on the neck that she can still use his face to keep the Knights of the Vale around.

Top Bottom