• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Man those bonus videos are really great.

I really didn't know about the Andals and why the Starks are so important as Northerners. If there's ever a spin off for it, Id absolutely love to see the First Men stuff

I don't think that's happening soon since I don't think anyone is interested in a rescue mission.

Yeah, I'm just saying that's where Theon's head is at. Thinking about Yara.

It's pretty much exactly what she did. I mean we're not even reading these scenes out of context lol.

"We have to save out brother, we have to take Winterfell back from the Boltons!"

*Right before the battle*

Jon: "What about Rickon?"

Sansa: "Oh him, he was dead the minute he was handed to Ramsay."

Jon,

giphy.gif

That was my reaction as well. Good intentions or not, she should have been more honest with Jon.
At least she regretted not telling him about the KOTV and Littlefinger, Sansa's still a good person.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
Its crazy how some people just cant accept that. Maybe there is some genetic trait that allows you to just accept that they cut out the travel scenes. Maybe they should just put a date on the screen in the top right hand corner so people can move on.
Because it is all things considered an incredibly jarring shift in pacing.

The thing with certain fan theories is that I don't trust anybody anymore with what they know and how they come with them. It's such a bummer that HBO's security and distribution is run by a scotch taped together cardboard wall.

Just so I know if I should stay in my bunker for the foreseeable future has stuff from next season been obtained too? Like, is this entire thing just one giant dance around spoilers? Caught up/passed the books and this shit is still a thing?

And I know they aren't to be discussed but I just need to know from someone in here because I don't want to google a damn thing. I feel like I've been spoiled on shit already and if it's going to be like this the entire off season then chriiiiiiiist.

Bruh said cardboard! Lol

Vectorman

Banned
I wonder if the complaints of the rushy nature of this season will make HBO go back to D&D and ask them if they'll film/write more. Because let's be honest, no GOT/TV fan will ever forgive them if they fuck up the ending of GOT, which is looking more and more like this will answer for both show and book fans, in order for them to get to the series that no one wants, Confederate. I mean, they're starting to hear the 'rushed plot' complaints now, aren't they?

Jombie

I wonder if the complaints of the rushy nature of this season will make HBO go back to D&D and ask them if they'll film/write more. Because let's be honest, no GOT/TV fan will ever forgive them if they fuck up the ending of GOT, which is looking more and more like this will answer for both show and book fans, in order for them to get to the series that no one wants, Confederate. I mean, they're starting to hear the 'rushed plot' complaints now, aren't they?

The scripts have been written and they're storyboarding it now. They start filming in October so they're not going to go back and write for the sake of fan outcry. Season 8 is an episode shorter, but they will be much longer. With that said, this season could have done with one more episode to fill in the holes.

Just so I'm clear there are no circumstances -- even using 100% spoiler tags -- under which discussing the leaked episode is allowed, right?

Vectorman

Banned
The scripts have been written and they're storyboarding it now. They start filming in October so they're not going to go back and write for the sake of fan outcry. Season 8 is an episode shorter, but they will be much longer. With that said, this season could have done with one more episode to fill in the holes.

Yeah hopefully the episodes are all 90+ minutes. That would definitely make up for anyone not thrilled about the cutdown of episodes.

kmax

Just so I'm clear there are no circumstances -- even using 100% spoiler tags -- under which discussing the leaked episode is allowed, right?

Discussion about leaked material is completely banned and not welcome here. There are reddit subs that cater to and delves into that type of discussion.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Seen so many varying spoilers, that I don't even know which ones are real anymore 😂😂😂

😭😭😭

pablito

This plan hinges on the fact that if she thinks she can rally the North, and seeing as the majority of them turned her and Jon Snow down prior the battle, I doubt they would. So I guess she'd have Winterfell back, but without any support from either the wildlings or the North, she'd be a in poor position against Cersei. Hell, right now, the North, under Jon Snow is kind of in a poor position to fight Cersei.This is prior to Dany's invasion of course.

Also it was Lyanna Mormont who got Jon crowned and she's Jon's #1 fan, not Sansa's.

Thinking of a response to this had me rethink some stuff and come to the conclusion that I can't figure out Sansa true motivations. Maybe I'm overthinking it now lol. I DO think the Rickon thing was a manipulation, but now I'm not so sure about withholding the Vale army from Jon. Knowing the results of Blackwater, Ramsay, and Winterfell withstanding sieges, it's just as possible she withheld the info to help Jon win the battle.

So she's a mini version of LF but with a not so dark heart? Manipulating Jon by dangling Rickon at him knowing that he was dead the minute Ramsay got him, is some dark shit.

That's what we all expected out of her after the Lysa Arryn situation, and her starting to wear all black remember? But then season 5 happened and she became a victim again...

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
I think this season has been amazing. Arguably my favorite(so far). However, if they don't at least show Euron or Theon again this season, I have to admit I'll be a little annoyed.

Euron made the grandest of entrances and had a huge role early in the season and he has since disappeared. Theon as well. If the final two episodes go by without even showing them, especially since they are extended episodes, that would be disappointing to say the least.

DopeyFish

Not bitter, just unsweetened
I think this season has been amazing. Arguably my favorite(so far). However, if they don't at least show Euron or Theon again this season, I have to admit I'll be a little annoyed.

Euron made the grandest of entrances and had a huge role early in the season and he has since disappeared. Theon as well. If the final two episodes go by without even showing them, especially since they are extended episodes, that would be disappointing to say the least.

Euron I can understand... But Theon? He was at Dragon stone to ask for the Queens help.

Queen returned and now Theon went where, exactly?

Surfinn

Eh Euron seems like a pretty boring/one dimensional character used to push components of the story forward. I think he's been the been the one super uninteresting character they've done in S7 (although the stuff with Cersei is pretty cool). Not too far off Ramsay, IMO. Not BAD, just not compelling.

I'm glad they're showing more interesting/important stuff.

I totally agree that it's arguably the best season they've ever done (this is being said as even as I'm rewatching the series for the first time). Yeah, the content is juicy, but they've handled it damn near perfectly, considering the time/episodic constraints.

Vashetti

Banned
I've absolutely no basis for this, just something I was thinking about randomly.

What if defeating the Night King causes the magic to revive people to no longer function?

Say, Jon defeats the Night King, but because he has been resurrected in the past, he too would have to die (along with Beric if he was still around at the time) because the magic no longer worked.

aBarreras

I've absolutely no basis for this, just something I was thinking about randomly.

What if defeating the Night King causes the magic to revive people to no longer function?

Say, Jon defeats the Night King, but because he has been resurrected in the past, he too would have to die (along with Beric if he was still around at the time) because the magic no longer worked.

that could be could, i was about to say that since the magic that revived jon is the opposite of the magic that revives the wights, it couldnt happen, but if we see things as yin and yang, it makes sense

Surfinn

Interesting thought. But I've always thought of the magic to go only as far as to bring the person back to life. Now that he's living, there's no magic actually working inside of him.

I could be completely wrong on that, that's just my take though

pablito

FFX spoilers

Defeat the bad guy and the protag dies eh?

image.php

aBarreras

Doesn't Jon's resurrection have nothing to do with the night king? Isn't it all the lord of light anyway?

that is that would be could about it, the lord of light is supposed to fight "the other" a dark god or something, if the night kings turns out to be that god, well, symbosis and yin yang and shit.

would be cool, now that i think about it

I'm lost about whether Night King is a god or serves a death god.

Also confused by what Jon and Beric are considered. Lord of Light's Wights or more like the... Day King. Fighter of the Night King. Champion of the Lord of Light. He's a master of sword fighting and friendship for everyone.

Because it is all things considered an incredibly jarring shift in pacing.

It's shit and lazy. Makes me question the decision for only 7 episodes this season, it's removing a lot of impact some of these scenes are supposed to have. When Jaime eventually returned to kings landing after he got captured by Rob Stark it felt like he had gone though a whole journey that changed him as a character. Now characters are basically popping up in different location with nothing showing us that time has passed.

It feels like they are rushing through things cause of a limit they put on themselves.

Crossing Eden

Hello, my name is Yves Guillemot, Vivendi S.A.'s Employee of the Month!
It's shit and lazy. Makes me question the decision for only 7 episodes this season, it's removing a lot of impact some of these scenes are supposed to have. When Jaime eventually returned to kings landing after he got captured by Rob Stark it felt like he had gone though a whole journey that change him as a character. Now characters are basically popping up in different location with nothing showing us that time has passed.

It feels like they are rushing through things cause of a limit they put on themselves.
I feel in some way they're using it to their advantage. Like they hit us with the Dany already being gone reveal and the Hound and Brothers without Banners getting captured by Tommen offscreen reveal. Trying to think about things that would actually benefit from travel times besides things like the Dorne girls dying

It's shit and lazy. Makes me question the decision for only 7 episodes this season, it's removing a lot of impact some of these scenes are supposed to have. When Jaime eventually returned to kings landing after he got captured by Rob Stark it felt like he had gone though a whole journey that change him as a character. Now characters are basically popping up in different location with nothing showing us that time has passed.

I agree that this season feels a little like checklisting, though lazy's definitely not the word I'd use.
But regarding the teleporting. When the young brother of the NW was attacked by WWs ran from the Wall to the outskirts of Winterfell, did you know how much time had passed?
Or Stannis appearing just in the nick of time to save the Night's Watch from the Wildlings? What about Littlefinger's trip from KL to the Vale then back again at KL?
There are other examples, point being, chronology's always been an issue with this series. Yes it's more jarring now, but it is not new.
With some characters we got to follow their journeys, while with other characters we had to be told where they were going and suddenly they'd appear.
Got no excuse for Euron though.

jesu

Its crazy how some people just cant accept that. Maybe there is some genetic trait that allows you to just accept that they cut out the travel scenes. Maybe they should just put a date on the screen in the top right hand corner so people can move on.

Why is it taking Grey Worm so long to get back?

MoeDabs

that is that would be could about it, the lord of light is supposed to fight "the other" a dark god or something, if the night kings turns out to be that god, well, symbosis and yin yang and shit.

would be cool, now that i think about it

The lord of light seems to be a dick tho. His priests and priestesses try to do sacrifices just to see visions they seem to misinterpret anyway. I kinda want them to be following the evil god without knowing it.

Top Bottom