• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK DISCUSSION* |OT2| Season 7 - [Read the OP]

Speevy

Banned
he didn't ask who the father was,

pretty sure he asked "who do you say is the father" meaning what will you tell others

Oh, yeah you're right on second thought. I guess it isn't so bad then, but Jaime still looks so weak in that scene.

One thing I didn't misunderstand is Jaime dismissing the golden company like they can't possibly beat the Dothraki.

This is an interesting development because either Jaime is wrong, or Dany will lose her army at some point.

Otherwise why even introduce the mercenaries?

Grinchy

Banned
What I just thought about:
What if there's a giant plot twist and Lannister wins this?
I think the story currently is mostly fan service and I somehow fear that such a twist will come.

I'd be ok with Cersei ruling over the ashes but I hope they write a more creative ending.

Characters getting together and forwarding the plot isn't fanservice.
Some of you have become so accustomed to the "bad guys" winning everything that a couple of wins for the "good guys" is "fanservice".

Please...

I do think Cersei will try something though.

TheMan

How many times has the phrase "bend the knee" been used this season? Almost coulda made for a decent drinking game...

Speevy

Banned
Characters getting together and forwarding the plot isn't fanservice.
Some of you have become so accustomed to the "bad guys" winning everything that a couple of wins for the "good guys" is "fanservice".

Please...

I do think Cersei will try something though.

Well, the show started with villains who aren't really villains in the traditional sense because they didn't start the central conflict. And some of them aren't villains at all, or have a redemptive arc.

Then the real villains started shitting on the over-abundance of heroes and scattered them throughout the terrible world that's presented.

So the last act has been mostly comeuppance and there aren't enough villains except for whitewalkers who aren't terribly charismatic.

So if people call something fan service it's only because what's happening seems less like something that would happen, and more like something people would want to happen.

Example:

Roose Bolton seizing the opportunity to betray the Starks once he saw the war was going south seems like something that would happen.

Arya murdering the entire Frey family seems like something you would want to happen.

Its probably due to the raises the main cast got. They are paid per episode, and probably the only way to maintain the cgi quality is to cut down the amount of episodes. HBO is notoriously cheap, so even though they are spending money on the show they have their limits.

That's the part that disappoints me as a fan. Sure it would cost a bomb to do the end of this series a full send off, but just imagine what could be done. Sexy dialogue and word-play scenes a-plenty.

But hey, HBO are a business, so they're always going to look at the ROI from extra show funding. That's the advantage of writing books I guess, there's no budget restricting the scope, scale and length.

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I'd bugger off to Essos for the winter, seems zombies are a Westeros thing,

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
Sail down to The Summer Islands and wait for this whole thing to blow over.
giphy.gif

Speevy

Banned
Holy shit

What if Euron become the Army of the Dead's Naval Captain?

Essos is fuuuucked if that's the case.

I don't think wights inherit the characteristics of the living person. Otherwise they'd have done an Ice Joffrey a long time ago.

Ether_Snake

安安安安安安安安安安安安安安安
well he's taking too fucking long to quit. he starts doing some nice things in the middle of the story...going back to save Brienne. Then sending Brienne to save the Stark daughters instead of kill them. Then freeing Tyrion.

After that he's just gone straight back to fuckboy Jaime, though. Getting all defensive at prisoner Edmure Tully. Then, getting back to King's Landing and barely having a reaction to Cersei burning the Queen & hundreds of innocent people alive, barely having a reaction to Cersei being responsible for Tommen's death. Then, calling Olenna a traitor for siding with Dany, when ignoring the fact that Cersei betrayed and killed the Queen and usurped the throne for herself.

fuckin fuckboy Jaime. I'm sure there is a redemption coming for him soon but he really is taking way too fucking long to flip.

I think he's fine with doing anything for her, but there would probably be a limit with what he would do to himself. Her not wanting another child would probably not work out for him, especially if she decides she might as well get something out of the child, like sacrificing it or some such.

Plum

I don't think wights inherit the characteristics of the living person. Otherwise they'd have done an Ice Joffrey a long time ago.

Can't they just turn people into a White Walker instead of a Wight? My understanding is that they take new recruits as babies so they can be raised into being White Walkers and not cause any problems, but I'm probably wrong.

Holy shit

What if Euron become the Army of the Dead's Naval Captain?

Essos is fuuuucked if that's the case.

This seems plausible, and he doesnt need to die to do it

No reason the night king cant use human alliances.

I swear if they make Cersei a good person or get killed by Euron...

Einchy

So I was thinking, why is the Night King attacking East Watch? It's not like he can go around it because parts of it go into the water. Is the magic weaker near the end? Does he think no one is there and thus it would be easier to attack? I guess we might find out tomorrow.

So I was thinking, why is the Night King attacking East Watch? It's not like he can go around it because parts of it go into the water. Is the magic weaker near the end? Does he think no one is there and thus it would be easier to attack? I guess we might find out tomorrow.

Its closest from Hardhome no?

Speevy

Banned

I don't think the show's creators ever settled on whether the wall is magical or if it's just a big block of ice.

Benjen swears it's magical, so why march on it?

No one knows for sure, so why defend it?

Ramirez

Man, I got mildly spoiled on FB in the comments section of a satire sports post! Damnit! I hope it was fake, to make it to the last day...feels bad man. ;_;

Haly

One day I realized that sadness is just another word for not enough coffee.
I hope the head WW really is just a terminator and not like this:

maxresdefault.jpg

Also a fun tidbit: I met Kit Harrington at a press event for his movie Pompeii.

He was very short, very handsome, brooding and mysterious. His hair was messy and his clothes were torn, but you could tell that there was hundreds of dollars in hair product and clothing in order to get that effect. He was cool.

He's not very short. 5'8" is average.

I'm 5'6", which makes me short.

MysticX

Rewatching old seasons is fun.

Stannis told Samwell Tarly "we have dragonglass at dragonstone" so...he already knew it...

Maester Aemond told Jon to kill the boy, did he mean the kid that stabs him...or Bran?

Cersei is pure evil second only to the mad king himself! And Jaime isn´t much better...

he told Tully that he will catapult his kid and slaughter everyone he loves so he can please and be with Cersei...so I hope he won´t be "redeemed" somehow..he is a monster!

Forgot in Valyria that Tyrion saw Drogon there...was cool...completely forgot about it.

Also, where are the armies of the Tyrell´s and Dorne? I mean, they killed the snakes maybe, but the army is still there. And I doubt the army Jaime was commanding killed all of the Tyrell´s force..I mean wasn´t that meant to be huge!!!

Still mad as fuck how ser Barristan went out...I mean common! In an ally, the best swordsman ever being killed by some harpie pussies?

Man I forgot that Stannis´s queen was a complete psycho!

Einchy

Kill the boy meant to stop being a boy and become a man because he needed to toughen up if he was going to lead the Night's Watch.

Top Bottom