• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 6 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

PatjuhR

Who has some theories how the season will end? The main plot could happen in Kings Landing with plot twists and of course a cliffhanger. Perhaps a cliffhanger in green color...

I'm still expecting something from Margeary. Maybe something with that will be the cliffhanger. Maybe HS or Cercei going down. Something like that. I hope.

Nameless

Well she'll marry Littlefinger and he'll win the game, so tangentially...

It could happen.

Hopefully Bran saw and took note of Littlefinger betraying Ned in the throne room, or his convo with Lysa where they admit to setting the Lion and the Wolf against each other from the beginning. And while never confirmed, it always made the most sense that Baelish sent the assassin to kill Bran in the first season.

I thought it was a very good episode, some minor plot questions aside (Would Sansa really risk Jon and the rest of the northmen's death not telling him about the Vale plan? How the hell did such a massive army make it all the way to Winterfell without Bolton finding out?). I actually liked the Dany story for the first time in a while, she earned her badassery riding that dragon and wrecking shit.

Of course the battle itself was amazing. I loved the interplay between Davos and Tormund, and Tormund staring blankly when they're talking about tactics and flanks and the like. Very cool nod to the battle of Cannae in Davos' plan to allow Bolton's forces to push through their middle so as to draw them into an encirclement, and then of course the crescent of death the Boltons eventually do get the Starks into. And the charge of the Vale at the end gave me Total War flashbacks. THE ENEMY IS RUNNING FROM THE BATTLEFIELD!

I really do hope they address the Sansa thing. Not telling Jon about the Vale could've turned out disastrously. Excited to see where it goes now that Littlefinger is really in the picture. Starks back in Winterfell aw yeah

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
I honestly think that was the best medieval battle I've ever seen, tv or film. Stripping away the glory and grandeur that movies love to do - the sweeping shots, the majestic charge, etc. - and focusing on the brutal reality of what battle might have looked like - the mountains of corpses, the chaos in the midst of a battlefield, the fear, the mud, the suffocating crush of bodies as hundreds panic and flee - elevated this battle above every other. This was the Saving Private Ryan of medieval warfare

Reminded me of Dan Carlin's descriptions of ancient battles in Hardcore History, especially the Battle of Cannae.

Kings Landing goes up in flames and that negates who secure the iron throne is invalidated by the capital of the seven kingdoms are invalidated. This refocuses people on the walkers in the North, with westeros houses fighting them until close defeat until Dany rolls in with her huge army and dragons. With kings landing destroyed, the seven kingdoms are disbanded with Dany ruling the South and Sansa or Jon ruling the North.

Has to be Margaery, she's gotta unleash her Yu-Gi-Oh! you activated my trap card master revenge plan!

I just hope Cersei doesn't ruin it by blowing everyone up. >_<

Curufinwe

I thought it was a very good episode, some minor plot questions aside (Would Sansa really risk Jon and the rest of the northmen's death not telling him about the Vale plan? How the hell did such a massive army make it all the way to Winterfell without Bolton finding out?). I actually liked the Dany story for the first time in a while, she earned her badassery riding that dragon and wrecking shit.

Of course the battle itself was amazing. I loved the interplay between Davos and Tormund, and Tormund staring blankly when they're talking about tactics and flanks and the like. Very cool nod to the battle of Cannae in Davos' plan to allow Bolton's forces to push through their middle so as to draw them into an encirclement, and then of course the crescent of death the Boltons eventually do get the Starks into. And the charge of the Vale at the end gave me Total War flashbacks. THE ENEMY IS RUNNING FROM THE BATTLEFIELD!

I really do hope they address the Sansa thing. Not telling Jon about the Vale could've turned out disastrously. Excited to see where it goes now that Littlefinger is really in the picture. Starks back in Winterfell aw yeah

Preview talk:

Jon tells Sansa they need to stick together because they have so many enemies. So it seems like it will be discussed.

Timbuktu

I like Jon but he should never command an army again. He's a fighter not a tactician.

Jon never particularly wanted to be a commander or a leader. He just had to be because he is the only one who would do the right thing in the wider context. Even now, if he dies I don't see anyone else stepping up to turn the attention to fighting the White Walkers.

Great episode, loved the battle but man was it completely predictable.

As others have said, being predictable isn't a bad thing. Twists without any telegraphing require huge leaps in logic. The fact that a lot of the twists have been predicted up to this point shows that the story clearly has a set-out plan, which is more than can be said for a lot of shows and books.

Nameless

The worst thing about this episode was the title. Should have just called it 'A Song of Ice and Fire' and been done with it. Along with Jon ascending it featured one of Dany's finest moments and saw her aligning with a great house.

Curufinwe

The worst thing about this episode was the title. Should have just called it 'A Song of Ice and Fire' and been done with it. Along with Jon ascending it featured one of Dany's finest moments and saw her aligning with a great house.

There was no Ice, though. That title will likely be used for an episode in a future season where White Walkers battle against Dragons.

I wonder what Littlefingers ultimate goal is. He wants to be the King of Westeros?

tumblr_m716h8KCN61rxwyfuo1_500.gif

Yes. Yes he does.

nbraun80

I was under the impression he was paralysed from the waist down/spinal trauma (including his penis etc.) or is it only his legs?
Not to get into a sex ed. discussion but I'm pretty sure some paraplegics can get an erection like normal and some through mental thought(not physical), just depends on where the break is.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.

I'd bet money that this will already be the title of the very last episode.

This thread, and the other book-readers thread, about the greatest fantasy show to ever grace TV, is just filled with people nitpicking the smallest, dumbest things.

I am amazed we are getting visuals like this in a TV show.

The writing is at least on par with TV standard even if the quality right now is a bit lower than we could have hoped compared to earlier seasons.
Honestly I try not to be here other than a moment or two. Last season it was a cesspool of hate, where a ton of posters were making it seem like they were watching the worst show on TV. It was an impressive level of cringe.

Braag

Is GRRM somehow involved with show? Who writes the story of the show now? Is he asked for advise on plot points yet to be resolved?

He used to write some of the episodes for the show but I'm not sure if he does that anymore as he tries to actually finish the books as well.

Apparently D&D are in contact with Martin regularly and he has pretty much told them how the story continues, what happens to each character and how it all ends.
Some people thought the Hodor episode was something D&D came up with themselves but if you watch the "inside the episode" videos from youtube they explained how they were blown away when Martin told them how Hodor got his name.

Nameless

There was no Ice, though. That title will likely be used for an episode in a future season where White Walkers battle against Dragons.

Saw plenty of ice up north, but I was talking more about both Jon and Dany having their grandest most triumphant moments to date.

I like the acting of Jon Snow post ressurection. Always get a sense of conflict with his expression as he is seems distracted, but yet focused on the matter at hand.

Zakalwe

Banned
I like Jon but he should never command an army again. He's a fighter not a tactician.

He's a natural leader. He's done a fine job so far. He lost his head in this battle, and understandably so.

He just needs the support of experienced advisers. Everyone is human and prone to letting their emotions get the better of them in various ways.

Stanis was an expert tactician, for example, but his hubris overcame his experience. I think John has a better chance of growing into the position than Stanis did.

He's a natural leader. He's done a fine job so far. He lost his head in this battle, and understandably so.

He just needs the support of experienced advisers. Everyone is human and prone to letting their emotions get the better of them in various ways.

Stanis was an expert tactician, for example, but his hubris overcame his experience. I think John has a better chance of growing into the position than Stanis did.

I disagree. Without Sansa, he will get back-stabbed again. He'd likely meet a similar fate to Robb. Not a bad thing, but he is no politician.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom