• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game of Thrones *NO BOOK SPOILERS* |OT| Season 6 - Sundays on HBO [Read the OP]

Status
Not open for further replies.

JDB

Banned
To be fair all of Ramsey's arrows before the last one hit to the sides of Rickon so if he zigzagged he may have been hit earlier. :)

water_wendi

Water is not wet!
Whats the significance of Davos picking up the charred Stag toy? Hes going to nuts at the Priestess?

The stag is the toy he gave Shireen. Davos knows that the burned body is Shireen and that the Red Priestess is behind it. How hes going to deal with it well find out soon i hope!

I still can't get over that line in last week's episode:
"You're getting old Clegane."
"He's not".

God, that cracked me up.

The parts with Dany this week were also damn awesome. Nothing beats dragons plus Tyrion being Tyrion.

casiopao

I hate that when that was revealed, I couldn't remember who Jon Arryn was so that went over my head, it was only after forum discussion that it hit me. It's maybe one of the most important moments in the show's history since it means everyone was being played by Littlefinger.

I remember the moment i heard that revelations, Littlefinger suddenly looks more scary than what he had show us till now lol.

He started from a very small lord family which had almost no power into Master of Coins in King's Landing.

Then knowing how he staged the whole GoT to start and now he is essentially the Warden of the North. It is absolutely maddening his advance here.

I do have question here, does Sansha know that LF betrayed his father in Kings Landing which end up with his death or not here?

Einchy

semen stains the mountaintops
I wonder what Littlefingers ultimate goal is. He wants to be the King of Westeros?

Yup.

Littlefinger and Varys are the two sides of the same coin. Whole Varys wants nothing but for the kingdom and it's people to live a prosperous life, he doesn't care about being an important person or being a kind. Littlefinger wants nothing else but to rule and he doesn't care who he kills or destroys to get there.

Actually, I rather enjoy him. But he would see this country burn if he could be king of the ashes.

- Varys talking to Olenna about Littlefinger.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
When the Masters were laying down their demands for Dany's surrender and she told them they were not discussing the terms for her surrender, I spotted Draco in the background flying over Meereen. Nice little detail.

I wonder what Littlefingers ultimate goal is. He wants to be the King of Westeros?

Ever since season one I've predicted that Littlefinger will sit on the throne as king for a while. Severely disappointed with Littlefinger the last two-three seasons, but I'm still somewhat confident he'll get there. I don't think he'll be king when the show ends though.

Littlefinger always gets what he wants. He's scheming and smart. I see him as the new intelligent villain after Tywin. But he sure has ben progressing bizarrely slow recently.

casiopao

He wants to be on top of that ladder, i guess. Power is the one thing he craves. I Imagine he won't get power or at least not for long.

You are going to face the same fate as many who underestimate LF here lol. He is essentially the final boss here. His actions is what started this whole conflict here. Except for maybe the White King, i can't see him jobbing that easy. Except for Sansha there. She is his biggest Achilles Heel there. T_T

Ever since season one I've predicted that Littlefinger will sit on the throne as king for a while. Severely disappointed with Littlefinger the last two-three seasons, but I'm still somewhat confident he'll get there. I don't think he'll be king when the show ends though.

Littlefinger always gets what he wants. He's scheming and smart. I see him as the new intelligent villain after Tywin. But he sure has ben progressing bizarrely slow recently.

Which is why this does not happen here. I mean it will be totally out of LF style if he just brute forced himself into getting the throne here. He is such a smart and sly character that he is sure going to reach that Throne safely without risking his dead here.

Which is why this does not happen here. I mean it will be totally out of LF style if he just brute forced himself into getting the throne here. He is such a smart and sly character that he is sure going to reach that Throne safely without risking his dead here.

My prediction is that he'll run out of patience eventually which will cause him to make a mistake and that mistake will be his undoing.
If anything goes wrong once he gets really close, his ambition will blind him and he'll make that final leap without thinking.

PatjuhR

I loved the episode. So much tension all the way.

Gotta respect how they did it. Everybody knew LF was going to march in to safe the day, but it was still wonderfull and relieving when he did. That scene where the knight where storming into the damn shield circle was awesome.

Loved the chemistry between Dany and Yara.

MedicUnderFire

Neo Member
You are going to face the same fate as many who underestimate LF here lol. He is essentially the final boss here. His actions is what started this whole conflict here. Except for maybe the White King, i can't see him jobbing that easy. Except for Sansha there. She is his biggest Achilles Heel there. T_T

I feel likes he's been on top of his own personal ladder for too long and if varys comes back to westros that he could be the one to take littlefinger down or maybe help Sansa do it.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I loved the episode. So much tension all the way.

Gotta respect how they did it. Everybody knew LF was going to march in to safe the day, but it was still wonderfull and relieving when he did. That scene where the knight where storming into the damn shield circle was awesome.

Loved the chemistry between Dany and Yara.

I thought they were going to make out to seal the deal....

casiopao

My prediction is that he'll run out of patience eventually which will cause him to make a mistake and that mistake will be his undoing.
If anything goes wrong once he gets really close, his ambition will blind him and he'll make that final leap without thinking.

This, i can see especially if the tease on Cersei burning the whole King's Landing down. I can see him taking that opportunities to lead the whole Northern armies down to conquer Westeros.

It will also goes along with what Varys said on being King of Ashes. Maybe he will indeed rule over Ashes of King's Landing.^_^

Zereta

I thought they were going to make out to seal the deal....

l46CyIfuqRVpoNqgw.gif

The Internet would not have survived.

Gotta save something for the season finale

When the Masters were laying down their demands for Dany's surrender and she told them they were not discussing the terms for her surrender, I spotted Draco in the background flying over Meereen. Nice little detail.

I know you meant Drogon, but with your typo, the image of Draco Malfoy flying int he background over Merreen made me giggle

:>

roytheone

I am wondering: we haven't heard from the iron bank in quite some time. The way people talk about it is an incredibly powerful institution, one that even kings have to bow to. They have a debt to collect from the lannisters, which they tried to do through financing Stannis and we all know how that turned out. Still, with the lannisters now weakened, Jon and littlefinger taking over the north and danny getting ready to sail to the west, do you guys think the iron bank will resurface and start to interfere with the wars again?

kruis

Exposing the sinister cartel of retailers who allow companies to pay for advertising space.
Great episode. Incredible how this tv show has bigger and better action scenes than almost all Hollywood blockbusters. I can't wait for the moment the wall comes down and we see the final showdown between the humans and the white walkers.

I am wondering: we haven't heard from the iron bank in quite some time. The way people talk about it is an incredibly powerful institution, one that even kings have to bow to. They have a debt to collect from the lannisters, which they tried to do through financing Stannis and we all know how that turned out. Still, with the lannisters now weakened, Jon and littlefinger taking over the north and danny getting ready to sail to the west, do you guys think the iron bank will resurface and start to interfere with the wars again?

good pick up owl <3

btw where has varys gone to? any speculations?

PatjuhR

I do not think that the Iron Bank will join things. I think they would've played a bigger part in earlier seasons if they want to do something of importance in the remaining of the series. They just sitting happy on their money.

Crispy75

good pick up owl <3

Dorne, I reckon. Preparing the way for Dany to step into the power vacuum there and use it as her base of operations while she invades. It's geographically convenient and their rules of inheritance allow female leaders.

Also a Dany, Yara, Bad Pussy superteam would be pretty cool :)

neorej

ERMYGERD!
I know you meant Drogon, but with your typo, the image of Draco Malfoy flying int he background over Merreen made me giggle

:>

LOL, yeah, Drogon, al these plays on dragon makes my head twirl sometimes. And now I see Draco on his Quidditch broom flying over Meereen too :D

roytheone

good pick up owl <3

I think he was going to westeros to try and get allies there so that when danny invades, the whole continent doesn't unite against her, but some groups will pick her side. I wouldn't be surprised if he visits Sansa and Jon to see if they would be willing to ally with danny. Jon doesn't want the iron throne for himself so I could see such an alliance working.

Or it is just my hope since that would mean MORE LITTLEFINGER AND VARYS SCENES!!!!

I do not think that the Iron Bank will join things. I think they would've played a bigger part in earlier seasons if they want to do something of importance in the remaining of the series. They just sitting happy on their money.

The thing is, the way I always interpreted the iron bank is that a big part of their business is based on the fear people have of them and their influence and power. People pay back the iron bank because they know damn well that if they don't, they will be fucked. How would it look if they would just sit on their money and let the lannisters get away with that? They had a part in earlier seasons through stannis, since they backed him, but now with him gone they need another way to play a part, just to show people that they are still powerful and not to be trifled with.

Dorne, I reckon. Preparing the way for Dany to step into the power vacuum there and use it as her base of operations while she invades. It's geographically convenient and their rules of inheritance allow female leaders.

Also a Dany, Yara, Bad Pussy superteam would be pretty cool :)

Dorne makes sense... I guess. If his little birds hadnt told him that it is now ruled by an insane woman :x

PLS NO MORE SAND SNAKES. Dany and Yara doesnt need their cringehorribad fighting scenes.

LOL, yeah, Drogon, al these plays on dragon makes my head twirl sometimes. And now I see Draco on his Quidditch broom flying over Meereen too :D

hahahah draco chasing the snitch over meereen :D

Amazing episode, those were some tense 60 minutes and it was beautifully shot.

Now what's the chance of Jon and Sansa giving Tormund all of the Umbers castle and lands, he did kill the current lord and I wonder whats gonna happen with the karstarks as well.

LORD TORMUND

omg XD

HILARITY

<3

Apathy

As I was falling asleep last night I realized that ghost wasn't in the battle. Too much dragon CGI that the budget could not accommodate some direwolf action

Yeah will the Starks give the freefolk the umbers land or the Bolton land. If they go with the umbers land which is more likely what will they do with dreadfort.

Aselith

He wants to be a Lord and not just a de facto one like he is with the Aerie. I'm sure he would go for King if he got the point where he could hack it but right now he's trying to secure a proper lordship for himself.

He's technically Lord of Harrenhal but it's a rundown piece of shit which is why he went after the Vale.

D

Deleted member 30609

Unconfirmed Member
He wants to be a Lord and not just a de facto one like he is with the Aerie. I'm sure he would go for King if he got the point where he could hack it but right now he's trying to secure a proper lordship for himself.
He's been lord of Harrenhal since season two.

edit: did you edit that last sentence in, or am I going crazy? :p

Henkka

Banned
I doubt Littlefinger thinks he can be king. He has no claim whatsoever. He's just trying to climb the ladder as much as he can, and maybe try to get into Sansa's pants.

Stannis might have had Davos cosign that loan. He might be dodging ravens the next few seasons.

I think above all Littlefinger is a hopeless romantic. He won't want Winterfell. But I think he will want Sansa. And the South.

The Lannisters are piss weak now without Tywin, and ripe for the taking. As long as Jon unifies the North again.

Of course nobody is counting on Dany being in the picture. Speaking of which, that was probably the best scene from Dany's side in the whole series. Got legit chills with how she decimated that army

Jon will need some Bran magic to make anything happen

Argh but then the white walkers... I have no idea how this show will pan out.

roytheone

Stannis might have had Davos cosign that loan. He might be dodging ravens the next few seasons.

Davos will manage to talk his way out of it. He can talk his way out of anything. He is probably the best speaker in Westeros.

Speaking about the iron bank, I remember that old Tyrell guy was in Braavos to negotiate with the bank at the end of last season (when Arya killed that dude from her list). Did we know how those negotiations went? I assume poorly since old guy Tyrell is a moron.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom