• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

amnesiac

I'm pissed because I ended up making two orders. One was Battletoads+Banjo and I had to pay $12 shipping on that, and the other was Perfect Dark and I had to pay another $12 shipping on that.

Same! I just sent them an email asking them to combine my orders. Hopefully it goes through.

robotrock

Banned
XzbJdFv.png

Heck yeah, managed to score a Battletoads and Banjo Kazooie set for myself, and a Battletoads for a friend's birthday gift.
They're not shipping until November, so it'll be a very late gift but w/e.

Shipping was a killer (like $40AUD) but it hurt a bit less with 3 records instead of 2 so yeah.

Considering what I've paid for albums locally, $120 for three all up isn't **too** ridiculous.

I'll be completely honest, most of what I own on vinyl would sound technically better as a digital file. I don't buy vinyl for better 'quality', and I think it's silly for people do to so. It's an inferior format when compared to lossless digital IMO.

Unless the digital version is brickwalled to shit, like with

radiohead-in-rainbows.jpg

and so many other modern albums (and even some old ones that were badly transferred to digital and never fixed)

Nerrel

and so many other modern albums (and even some old ones that were badly transferred to digital and never fixed)

That discbox may be the very best pressing I own, and yes, it beats the shit out of the CD version. Such a good record.

SegaShack

Banjo has one of my favorite soundtracks but the price was way too steep for me to bite, especially with that cover. Just went ahead and got Battletoads.

Well yes, on a case by case basis there will be some that have better production on a particular format. I was more talking in generalities though.

Decided to skip the three Rare releases. Rather put that money toward DD's Sega stuff and Bravewave's SF2 release.

Would've totally got DKC2 or Viva Pinata tho.

Decided to skip the three Rare releases. Rather put that money toward DD's Sega stuff and Bravewave's SF2 release.

Would've totally got DKC2 or Viva Pinata tho.

yeah i'm thinking of the same. Don't really have 45$ to spend on a single Battletoads album right now. And if they press 3000 copies, i'm sure one can be found for similar price later.

One would hope that at least music focussed games would have vinyl releases like Sound Shapes. Would love me some more Jim Guthrie on Vinyl.

What's everyone got preordered barring Rare stuff and Journey?

What's everyone got preordered barring Rare stuff and Journey?

Streets of Rage and Shenmue of course.

Waiting for the normal colour variants of Megaman 1-2,4-10 vinyl and Street Fighter 2 to be available for order.

Just bought the represses of Dark Knight and Inception so my monthly vinyl budget is spent :D

Audioboxer

My Hotline Miami 2 vinyl somehow made it through without a customs charge. Declared value of $90 as well!

Beautiful vinyl.

My Hotline Miami 2 vinyl somehow made it through without a customs charge. Declared value of $90 as well!

Beautiful vinyl.

I still have to open it. xD

By the way, any non-US gaffer here that has purchased through hottopic.com?

They're asking me to give them a phone call to confirm my order. First time ever I've seen such a thing.

Jockel

My first HM2 Vinyl got lost in customs apparently. They told me they'd send out a second one but never did ;_;

Audioboxer

So mad I missed out on hotline Miami 2's vinyl

There was 3 presses. I jumped on the 3rd press when I seen it would be the last. Think I ignored it originally due to cost + shipping to UK. It pales compared to TLoU cost + shipping. Still salty and holding out over it. The shipping cost is like just under the cost of the actual vinyl. Ridiculous.

hawk2025

There was 3 presses. I jumped on the 3rd press when I seen it would be the last. Think I ignored it originally due to cost + shipping to UK. It pales compared to TLoU cost + shipping. Still salty and holding out over it. The shipping cost is like just under the cost of the actual vinyl. Ridiculous.

Pre-orders will close forever tomorrow, so just decide until then!

Got my gold vinyl for The Order 1886 x 2 today from my friend. Really good packaging and the sleeve is premium with a proper inner sleeve for the vinyl.
1eIBz.png

InfernoNR

Yeah, I saw that it was on it's last press and planned to buy it when I got paid. Checked on it a few days after and it was sold out Oh well. Just gonna have to grab some FLAC files and pretend :(

Waiting for the normal colour variants of Megaman 1-2,4-10 vinyl and Street Fighter 2 to be available for order.

Just bought the represses of Dark Knight and Inception so my monthly vinyl budget is spent :D

I hope my copy on Shenmue was ordered. I've been told by my aunt who gets me stuff in the UK lol. I got porcupine tree's fear of a blank planet from burning shed as well with order 1886. I love the p tree vinyl quality. Just wish I knew the band early enough to get the coloured one.

same here, I just wish there was news

With the current explosion of vinyl pressings, it takes a really long time from announcing a record, getting a test pressing, ordering the full pressing and shipping them out.

I do prefer the style of the label having the records on hand and just putting them up for sale. The pre-order wait can be excruciating when you've paid up already and have to wait 6 months to get the record :p With no guarantee of quality either!

Some might even vanish after announcement due to lack of funding or face long pressing troubles with quality.

Bog

Junior Ace

Where are the MM ones? I got the 1-10, but I'd love 1 and 2 separately.

Picking this up so I can hear an entire Super Hexagon song.

Reading more it sounds pretty cool.

Instead, we've pressed the incredible soundtrack by Chipzel onto a hexagon shaped vinyl record. Housed in a custom clear sleeve designed by Cory Schmitz, the record inside lines up with the art that's screened on the outside!

We’re pressing these in 4 different colors, and what you receive will be completely random. Our shipping gurus will make sure you don’t get a duplicate if you order more than 1. However, you must leave this to fate! We can’t send a specific color to you, even if you bribe us with chocolate cookies.

Top Bottom