• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

Spacelab9 will have be selling a Fallout 3 single LP via ThinkGeek on Friday: http://www.thinkgeek.com/product/jort/

It's basically a repress of the Hot Topic picture disc from a while back, but in a proper jacket and on "radaway" colored vinyl instead.

Thanks for the heads up. I;ve seen this at Gamestop before for like $16 but was always a little turned off it was just in some see through sleeve.

$30 is a tiny bit more than I was expecting but I'll be grabbing it

Glad to know that Stardew is on Mondo.

I've been holding off on Stardew for Switch, but I'm picking up the vinyl. Might even just take the plunge on Steam too, that way my son will have access on Switch if I'm playing.

Edit: Not yet, at 1pm.

Dale Cooper

Neo Member

I've been holding off on Stardew for Switch, but I'm picking up the vinyl. Might even just take the plunge on Steam too, that way my son will have access on Switch if I'm playing.

1PM EST or PST?

Edit: It's at 1PM EST.

akileese

Steam is a good shout right now since it's $9. The soundtrack is $3 as well.

Dale Cooper

Neo Member
Got one from Gamer's Edition.

Clicked purchase the moment it went up on Mondo and it sold out between adding to cart and completing checkout - yay.

So they now have a 14 GBP option for shipping which I'm fine with. But my card keeps getting declined. People on Twitter are having similar issues :/

EDIT: YAY, checked out with Paypal.

FindingMJ

Neo Member
That was a complete mess - only way I could get a UK order through was to order 1 copy and use Paypal :s - everything else kept getting rejected really weird!

That was a complete mess - only way I could get a UK order through was to order 1 copy and use Paypal :s - everything else kept getting rejected really weird!

Same here, worked eventually. I'm guessing the heavy goods £9 shipping was the only one available because I couldn't get the cheaper shipping to work either.

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
Really wish that Fallout 3 soundtrack had the licensed music. Would definitely drop $30 on that.

Just get like any of the Readers Digest 30's, 40's, or 50's box set collections (most of them are packed with songs from the Fallout universe, and plenty of other great songs too!) There's also a really good Jukebox collection :) most of the sets have 7 vinyls and you can find like new, mint copies for like $10-$15 on EBay, or check out your local thrift or antique stores for even better deals! I love collecting these sets :)

A1NxBiHZmeL._SL1500_.jpg

s-l300.jpg

reggie186

Just get like any of the Readers Digest 30's, 40's, or 50's box set collections (most of them are packed with songs from the Fallout universe, and plenty of other great songs too!) There's also a really good Jukebox collection :) most of the sets have 7 vinyls and you can find like new, mint copies for like $10-$15 on EBay, or check out your local thrift or antique stores for even better deals! I love collecting these sets :)

Good idea! Thanks!

LaneDS

How prevalent is scamming on Discogs? Ordered a vinyl (non-gaming, sorry!) and while the guy's page listed "credit card and bank transfer" in messages and the invoice he pretty much insisted on an international wire transfer. Despite being a member from 2012 all his sales feedback is from this month, so I decided to cancel the order after finding out wiring money internationally isn't super easy (plus, of course, it seemed shady as heck). Anyone run into that kind of thing before? Not willing to gamble the money to find out if it's legit, since it's a rare release.

JOEVIAL

Has a voluptuous plastic labia
How prevalent is scamming on Discogs? Ordered a vinyl (non-gaming, sorry!) and while the guy's page listed "credit card and bank transfer" in messages and the invoice he pretty much insisted on an international wire transfer. Despite being a member from 2012 all his sales feedback is from this month, so I decided to cancel the order after finding out wiring money internationally isn't super easy (plus, of course, it seemed shady as heck). Anyone run into that kind of thing before? Not willing to gamble the money to find out if it's legit, since it's a rare release.

Yeah, always do Paypal for orders :) The only exception I would say is well reprutable dealers that only take cash or money orders :)

With that said I haven't heard any discogs scam stories :/

Sounds pretty sketchy. You did the right thing. I will only pay via PayPal unless it's a seller I absolutely trust, which is really only one or two sellers. I haven't seen anything like that happen before. I've only had one bad experience so far with a flaky seller. I was able to get my money back, thankfully.

LaneDS

Yeah, always do Paypal for orders :) The only exception I would say is well reprutable dealers that only take cash or money orders :)

With that said I haven't heard any discogs scam stories :/

Sounds pretty sketchy. You did the right thing. I will only pay via PayPal unless it's a seller I absolutely trust, which is really only one or two sellers. I haven't seen anything like that happen before. I've only had one bad experience so far with a flaky seller. I was able to get my money back, thankfully.

Appreciate the responses. The guy could have been legit but I didn't want to risk it. Will check his profile in a few weeks/months to see if the feedback paints a different picture.

Dan-o

It's probably nothing, but I just noticed that Mondo has removed the Stardew Valley page entirely. I can't imagine this would affect orders anyway, and it's sold out so it doesn't really matter, but it's a little strange. I can't think of any time that they've done that before, at least not this soon after putting up the order page, anyway.

hawk2025

It's probably nothing, but I just noticed that Mondo has removed the Stardew Valley page entirely. I can't imagine this would affect orders anyway, and it's sold out so it doesn't really matter, but it's a little strange. I can't think of any time that they've done that before, at least not this soon after putting up the order page, anyway.

They do this to all the vinyl releases that won't come back.

NekoFever

i love data discs & sonic but man i can't put in for a game ive not heard the OST on, and don't wanna hear it till it's in-game

If you're not too concerned about getting the LE you'll probably be able to buy it long after release. Most DD releases have had re-presses and all of them back to Golden Axe are still available in the shop.

Top Bottom