• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Game soundtracks on vinyl | Analogue Gen 33fps

RaidenZR

I'm not jumping on the DS vinyl yet. Looks very price gougey and a boxed set of all three for a flatter price would have been a nice gesture.

On top of that, I really hate the double distributor and double version practice (looking at you No Man's Sky) and I'm not sure who is ultimately responsible. I guess NamcoBandai is... It's just a very confusing thing for the average consumer.

Dyna

I really want all three but this kind of came out of nowhere, lol. I'll probably pass on them for now and see if some other variations come out later this year.

Yeah, that's probably a safe statement. Even if you can't jump on it this weekend, Data Discs usually does timely represses if there's demand, and I think Sonic Mania looks like a promising enough game and soundtrack based on taste tests to suggest it'll have a shelf life. I think Streets of Rage is also about to get its third (or fourth?) run. I've kind of lost track at this point.

Fuck, I want that album. WTF Nintendo? Don't tease!

Holy shit I love that vinyl

LaneDS

No indication the Spacelab one has additional LPs from what I can see, which is really all I care about. What the discs look like doesn't much matter to me.

No indication the Spacelab one has additional LPs from what I can see, which is really all I care about. What the discs look like doesn't much matter to me.

I like the TG versions better personally, but I'll still make a play for he SL9 variants. Problem is, if they don't offer them in one purchase, no one is going to get all three.

RaidenZR

Haha, well for those making a go for the limited DS 1-3 vinyl, you'll have one less fool competing as the limited ones look less appealing to me.

Good luck, brave souls!

JosiahB

I like the TG versions better personally, but I'll still make a play for he SL9 variants. Problem is, if they don't offer them in one purchase, no one is going to get all three.

Same on liking TG ones better... Do these limited Spacelab ones really go that fast? Wasn't here for any other ones...

LaneDS

I hate myself for wanting to get the Spacelab ones which I think look worse simply because they're limited; just wanted y'all to know that.

I'll probably watch the listing and then re-order on ThinkGeek, unless there's some surprise third LP in those releases.

Auctopus

Literally just got home from work and checked my emails - never shot up my stairs faster. Managed to get a Dark Souls 1 LP. Damn, praise the goddamn sun.

Fhtagn

Dark Souls is my favorite game of all time, but the music is inconsistent. I'm going for just 1 and 3, because my favorite tracks are there.

Note that The DS2 soundtrack is so also long that this double LP has some of the tracks at a single under-a-minute loop, and doesn't have the DLC tracks.

IronRinn

1) It's been 9 MINUTES. It's this kind of culture that motivates Spacelab to pull nonsense like this.

2) it's been 9 minutes. Expect cancellations, or they are simply lying about having 100 copies.
I realize it's only 9 minutes, but for something limited to 100 copies that's an eternity. Considering The Witcher was done in about 60 seconds I don't think my comment is that far off. Nothing on their Twitter feed indicates that they are having inventory issues, but who knows.

hawk2025

I realize it's only 9 minutes, but for something limited to 100 copies that's an eternity. Considering The Witcher was done in about 60 seconds I don't think my comment is that far off. Nothing on their Twitter feed indicates that they are having inventory issues, but who knows.

Yes, it is.

Demand isn't measured 15 minutes after a surprise email announcement.

crimnos

Yeah completely caught me off-guard with this, I managed to get the limited DS1 and DS2, so it's entirely possible they did only have 100 and just botched the release.

wiibomb

Could also be that they announced this a whopping fifteen minutes before they went on sale too.

I saw my order numbers, which were in less than 5 minutes in time for the order of each record I bough, there are about 30 numbers in difference of each of my orders, meaning between each of my orders, there were other 30 being made on the page, of course, most of them should be about this.

there will be cancellations.

JosiahB

Keep in mind guys, they only posted the Thinkgeek ones on their social media. Only way to know about the limited ones is from the newsletter that was sent just 30 minutes before they went on sale.

EDIT: Though DS1 is still up. That does not bode well...

Top Bottom