• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gameblog.fr: PS4 Neo to be announced on September 7 in New York

Go_Ly_Dow

Many indiciations point to no special work being in to FFXVs Neo version.

I'm interested in seeing how this turns out.

Here is a recap all of Gameblog's scoops over the years: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/57445-infos-gameblog-florilege-de-nos-scoops-nationaux-et-internat

Don't be fooled by haters who have no idea what they're talking about.

Oh please, cut the crap.

You keep telling yourself that. The record speaks for itself.

Sorry, but Gameblog isn't reliable at all. Basically, when you throw shit on the wall, there's chances it may stick. Let's not forget the clickbait articles like the Wii Hi-Fi, or the cardboard Vita or it's 1:23 hours battery life.

Now, it's unfair to talk for all the redactors, some are good, but the editorial direction is bad.

Killadji

Aren't you a little biased since you work there? There's no problem in defending Gameblog for what you sometimes do right but maybe you need to take a step back from that kind of threads.

Are you sure he works there ? Is he the one with the glasses and black hair ? I don't remember his name.

Xater

Many indiciations point to no special work being in to FFXVs Neo version.

I'm interested in seeing how this turns out.

That is something I am wondering as well. Maybe early title swill not benefit as much. I am also still curious how they will handle different resolutions if at all. Can I chose to play in 1080P with better performance? Or will all games just run at a higher resolution specified by the devs with not necessarily any performance benefit.

Final Fantasy XV or Witcher 3 in Neo mode would sell me on this day one.

So I guess there's no killer app for me until Horizon next year then. :(

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews
It's a gaming console why highlight the multimedia ability?

Because its a selling point and the Neo will push its mulitmedia features and *upto 4K gaming.

PS4K sound like "the same but for people with 4K TVs" .

The Neo is going to marketed towards people with (or soon to have) 4K TVs, Sony can use the Neo to help market their 4K TVs

PS4 Plus is even a better name.

Sounds a little boring to me, PS4K sounds like a console developed for the 4K generation, even though the games are likely going to be sub 4K. Also Sony has PS+ as a brand already.

Backflip

Sorry, but Gameblog isn't reliable at all. Basically, when you throw shit on the wall, there's chances it may stick. Let's not forget the clickbait articles like the Wii Hi-Fi, or the cardboard Vita or it's 1:23 hours battery life.

Now, it's unfair to talk for all the redactors, some are good, but the editorial direction is bad.

Please, show me a reliable site where ALL scoops were proven to be true. You know as well as I do that plans changes and what is true today might not be true in a month or even tomorrow. I've been told the whole "Wii Hi-Fi" story as it predates my arrival at Gameblog and it was a honest mistake. If I had been them, I'd probably have run the story as well.

I see how things work from the inside. And believe me, it's far more complicated than throwing shit at the wall.

Thanks for the laughs, each time they pretend to get a "scoop" it's taken from another website or everything said are things that make sense and not reliable at all.

You clearly have no idea what you're talking about. If things made that much sense, why don't other people talk about them then?

Julien started talking about what turned out to be the Neo and the Scorpio in June 2015: http://www.gameblog.fr/news/51734-j-ai-quelque-chose-a-vous-dire-et-si-sony-sortait-une-ps4-pl

foxbeldin

You keep telling yourself that. The record speaks for itself.

While they do have a few scoops here and there, that website is still clickbaity shit most of the time.

Just right now on their frontpage :

-"A republican deputy wants laws on pokemon go"

-"pokemon go : an american firm helps eradicate the invasion"

-"social experiment : what it's like to be a girl online" with the picture of a girl playing in underwear.

-"pokemon go : in switzerland, dudes wearing pokemon suits do crazy things" -> it's the fake viral video

RexNovis

Banned
Aren't you a little biased since you work there? There's no problem in defending Gameblog for what you sometimes do right but maybe you need to take a step back from that kind of threads.

Wait that got works for gameblog? LOL! Was wondering why people were getting so bent out of shape about ppl pointing out their questionable rep. They've more than earned it.

Backflip

But it doesn't help making the site you work for something that's reliable in the end. Don't stan your employer here, it's a bad look.

To be honest, I don't understand what you wrote here. That being said, I've never hidden the fact that I work for Gameblog.

I think the way some people treat the site is very unfair. They say stuff that simply isn't true.

And even if Sony confirms the event in New York, people will still say that Gameblog is unreliable. It's a game for some people.

While they do have a few scoops here and there, that website is still clickbaity shit most of the time.

Just right now on their frontpage :

-"A republican deputy wants laws on pokemon go"

How is that clickbait? Those are quotes from a French MP coming from a Figaro article.

Wait that got works for gameblog? LOL! Was wondering why people were getting so bent out of shape about ppl pointing out their questionable rep. They've more than earned it.

No, Gameblog hasn't earned it and I'm sick of having my work shit on all the time. People defending "old timey" video game journalism who refuse that it changes with the times clearly have nothing better to do.

Please, show me a reliable site where ALL scoops were proven to be true. You know as well as I do that plans changes and what is true today might not be true in a month or even tomorrow. I've been told the whole "Wii Hi-Fi" story as it predates my arrival at Gameblog and it was a honest mistake. If I had been them, I'd probably have run the story as well.

I see how things work from the inside. And believe me, it's far more complicated than throwing shit at the wall.

The thing is, Gameblog always claims "OMG it's happening !"
Truth is, it happens 1 time out of 10. Heck, your link is totally biased because it supposedly contains only the right ones. And even then, some were never proved. Some stories popped conviently when there were smoke elsewhere, like the DMC5 story, which appeared after the two voice actors teasing. Which has yet to be materialized.
Then again, I feel sorry to have this conversation with you because you're clearly on the good side of the site. But let's be fair, Gameblog has a shit reputation and they didn't stole it.

At first I wasn't tempted by the Neo but I see I do a lot of gaming on it and if the enhancements are good enough (like 3DS to New 3DS) I think I'll bite. Can't wait for September.

lupinko

196frnnzysficgif.gif

Playstation 4 was announced in NY in Hammerstein ballroom, home of ECW. :D
http://garotasnerds.com/wp-content/uploads/2013/02/ps4.jpg

http://youtu.be/lOGXeGMH6_U

P S FO! P S FO! P S FO!

Go_Ly_Dow

That is something I am wondering as well. Maybe early title swill not benefit as much. I am also still curious how they will handle different resolutions if at all. Can I chose to play in 1080P with better performance? Or will all games just run at a higher resolution specified by the devs with not necessarily any performance benefit.

My general feeling is that the Neo version at launch will simply offer a fixed 1080p resolution with more steady framerate.

Then further down the line, perhaps in like with the PC release or Definitive edition we will get a NEo patch which will include PC graphical features.

This is all based on vague comments tho, they may have had a notable team chugging away on the Neo version this whole time.

breakfuss

To be honest, I don't understand what you wrote here. That being said, I've never hidden the fact that I work for Gameblog.

I think the way some people treat the site is very unfair. They say stuff that simply isn't true.

And even if Sony confirms the event in New York, people will still say that Gameblog is unreliable. It's a game for some people.

How is that clickbait? Those are quotes from a French MP coming from a Figaro article.

I wouldn't take it personally. Every gaming site gets dragged through the dirt here lol.

Mistouze

user-friendly man-cashews

Look, I understand it must be frustrating to work for GB. While I don't like the site, I'm not hating on the people working there.

But in the end, GB has a history of putting out shitty content to get clicks and not good enough track record on rumors to incite confidence. That's all. It's not a game, it's not out of joy to hate on someone, it is what it is.

DKHF

Hopefully this is true since I've been wanting to see how they are going to message Neo and what titles will be used to show off its capabilities.

gofreak

GAF's Bob Woodward
If true, I guess it'll be out by the end of Sept or first week of October.

Would make sense of the rule that all games from Oct on need a Neo mode.

I've been waiting on a PS4 purchase to see what Neo is like. Let's get on with it!

Really I think the PSVR launch lineup is packed.

I wonder if those who are not satisfied with PSVR launch lineup would be happier if it had more games from big devs/pubs? I've seen a similar complaint about Vita where people complain about its lack of games but then say Oh if only it had more AAA. (Y'know, because the "AAA" games it does have of such high calibre. :p)

BokehKing

Banned
Even a broken clock is right twice a day. Do you also have a list of all the ridiculous bullshit reddit rumors Gameblog posted over the years?
All gaming sites are wrong from time to time, how many rumors get posted here by various places that never come true (Frank Ocean most recent) sometimes news sources just get it wrong, won't stop this from hitting 20 pages by lunch.

Top Bottom