• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[GameBlog Rumor] - Developers disclosing problems with Xbox One drivers [Updated]

A french gaming journalism site has released an article very similar to the previous edge article

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/38402-xbox-one-des-developpeurs-confient-des-problemes-avec-les-dr

Attendue pour le 22 novembre, la Xbox One s'apprête à envahir les rayons. D'ici là, les développeurs cravachent pour finaliser les titres disponibles au lancement. Et d'après nos échos internes à certains développeurs, quelques problèmes émergent...

Ainsi des sources en provenance de deux très gros éditeurs mondiaux (un français et un américain) soulignent rencontrer actuellement des problèmes avec les drivers de la console next gen de Microsoft.
Dilemme technologique

Résultat, selon nos informations, ces deux studios se retrouveraient face à un dilemme technique avec leurs jeux Xbox One. Soit proposer un jeu tournant en 1080p et à 30 images/sec... soit faire du 900p mais en maintenant du 60 images/sec.

Si cet aspect n'était pas résolu avant la sortie (imminente), un arbitrage devrait alors être fait probablement en faveur de la fluidité de l'expérience, au détriment de la résolution. Un choix qui pourrait d'ailleurs avoir des répercussions sur les versions PS4 de ces jeux. En effet, pour éviter de froisser un constructeur, les éditeurs pourraient préférer mettre sur le marché des versions identiques. Techniquement parlant.

N'oublions pas cependant qu'il est fréquent de rencontrer des problèmes techniques en début de cycle de vie d'une machine qu'il faut encore apprendre à dompter. Rappelez-vous des débuts plutôt chaotique de la PS3. Espérons juste que tout cela puisse être corrigé, ou contourné au plus vite.

Une chose est sûre, à leur lancement, ces consoles Next Gen ne pourront déjà pas concurrencer les PC actuels...

TO CLARIFY: [PLEASE READ THIS]

Google translations of bolded parts

And sources from two very large global publishers (one French and one American) emphasize meet current problems with the drivers for the next gen console from Microsoft.
technological dilemma

Result, according to our information, the two studios would face a dilemma with their technical Xbox One games. Either offer a turning point in 1080p and 30 frames / sec game ... either do 900p but now the 60 frames / sec.

[RUMOR] ABOUT POTENTIAL OF FORCED PARITY BETWEEN PS4 AND XBOX ONE

Un choix qui pourrait d'ailleurs avoir des répercussions sur les versions PS4 de ces jeux. En effet, pour éviter de froisser un constructeur, les éditeurs pourraient préférer mettre sur le marché des versions identiques. Techniquement parlant.

Translates roughly to: (via google)

A choice that could also affect the PS4 versions of these games. Indeed, to avoid offending a manufacturer, publishers may prefer to market identical versions. Technically.

So NOT confirmed, just adds weight/evidence to the potential it might happen

Thanks to Aliand for pointing the article out

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/38402-xbox-one-des-developpeurs-confient-des-problemes-avec-les-dr

French article about problem of driver on Xbox One. They said sources are from one French publisher and one big US publisher. The French one is easy to guess Ubi soft and my bet for the US one is EA or less probably Activision.

This article suggests rumors very similar to the Edge one, some games can run in stable 1080p 30 fps on Xbox One and can't reach stable 1080p 60 fps because of driver problem and the solution is to go to 900p 60 fps. But they said that PS4 version [MAY] be downgraded because of political issue. I was angry but today the article about Ubi Soft not knowing if the game is in 720p or 1080p on PS4 and Xbox One give credits to rumor and BF4 sub 1080p too.

I'm not familiar with gamingblog.fr but they appear to have received a review unit for Xbox One so likely worthy of note

UPDATE

So the general GAF consensus on Gameblog is something like below

I know gameblog (I'm French) they're familiar with making those kind of news... Everything is (probably) fake. They always pretend they have "their sources" but it's always a copy/past (translated) from a foreigner article (here this one: http://www.edge-online.com/news/pow...es-between-ps4-and-xbox-one-performance/#null) pretending it's from "their sources"...

They are full of shit, don't give any credit to those guys, honestly.

Also they don't have an Xbox One, the X1 on this article http://www.gameblog.fr/news/38501-la-xbox-one-est-arrivee-chez-gameblog-les-photos is a fake, they even admit it "il s'agit pour le moment d'un mock up. Impossible donc de l'allumer" which means "for now it's just a mock up. So it's impossible to turn it on".

Gameblog being gameblog, copying other websites, days/weeks after, pretending it's from their sources... Pathetic. :/

It may just be a rehash and clickbait but they're some conflicting reports on gameblog

The hits keep coming for X1. DF article did say that X1 seems to have been designed for 900p so maybe it's intentional.

nib95

Banned
Any weight to this site and article? Pretty annoying if true about the "political" thing. I just won't buy the said games.

Skeff

all hail CBOAT.

I'll be pissed if the PS4 version is downgraded too though as it seems it could be?I can't read french...

It will likely be clear which publishers try and force parity and which ones don't.

MJ-Popcorn.gif

DMczaf

This article suggests rumors very similar to the Edge one, some games can run in stable 1080p 30 fps on Xbox One and can't reach stable 1080p 60 fps because of driver problem and the solution is to go to 900p 60 fps. But they said that PS4 version will be downgraded because of political issue.

Watch Dogs?

Any weight to this site and article? Pretty annoying if true about the "political" thing. I just won't buy the said games.

Before I go angry mode, How credible is that website?

I've been trying to assess that

The same author has received an Xbox One to review it appears so thought it was worthy of posting

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/38501-la-xbox-one-est-arrivee-chez-gameblog-les-photos

Obviously MS think the site was worthy of getting a new system right?

mjontrix

Oh man... end well this will not.

All that needs to happen is for Sony to pump out amazing looking games from their 1st Parties and they'll be all over Microsoft...

Of course PC is the best decision overall.

Chobel

I've been trying to assess that

The same author has received an Xbox One to review it appears so thought it was worthy of posting

http://www.gameblog.fr/news/38501-la-xbox-one-est-arrivee-chez-gameblog-les-photos

Obviously MS think the site was worthy of getting a new system right?

Thank you...

En effet, pour éviter de froisser un constructeur, les éditeurs pourraient préférer mettre sur le marché des versions identiques. Techniquement parlant.

Fuck you Microsoft!

Domino792

But they said that PS4 version will be downgraded because of political issue.

Political reasons... what would Microsoft do to them? Yell at them? ban them from releasing their games on xbox lol.

bigol

En effet, pour éviter de froisser un constructeur, les éditeurs pourraient préférer mettre sur le marché des versions identiques. Techniquement parlant.

This sentence says they could downgrade ps4 version.
Besides,this sentence is just gameblog.fr speculation

English translation is really bad in this case

Varth

I remember getting quite a lot of shit for suggesting that moneyhatted feature parity would have happened. Sad to be right sometimes.

Suikoguy

I whinny my fervor lowly, for his length is not as great as those of the Hylian war stallions
The patchwork of news is forming quite the shitty picture.

Elios83

Before the storm begins...I'd like you to note that in the french article the PS4 part seems to be pure speculation on the author's part.
They say that "This issue (with the Xbox drivers) might have effects on the PS4 version as well, in fact to avoid bad blood with a platform holder, publishers might prefer to make the two versions the same".
So it's far from a ''Microsoft money hat confirmed'' situation ;)

Political downgrade = I don't buy games from that company. That's basically saying some console owners are second class.

I can't see sony being too happy about that ether.

Top Bottom