• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameInformer: Meet Final Fantasy XV's Legendary Composer (New Gameplay Shown)

This woman is a freaking genius!
This will the first FF game I buy, but I do love Kingdom Hearts and its soundtracks, and the tracks I've heard from this game so far (Gratia Mundi, Veiled in Black) sound masterful!

The legend that has kept my interest in the game when it was versus and disappeared. Her being involved makes me know ffxv will have a 10/10 soundtrack.

ackl

G O A T .

Glad she's not too stressed by the high expectations with this title. Keep up the fantastic work!

Majmun

Omggggggg

I didn't know FFXV had the same composer as Xenoblade Chronicles

Xenoblade's OST is one of my all time favorites!!

I honestly would prefer subtitles over the monotone voice over they have, and why is she referring to Yoko in the third person anyway?

Didn't sound monotone at all to me. The translation was of great quality and the translator even laughed a few times. She seems to have done great work translating face-to-face too, since Shinomura was having a great time, always laughing and smiling.

Overall this was in my opinion a high quality and entertaining interview.

Aters

I have no worry about the quality of the music, the quantity though, is my biggest concern. I hope we won't listen to the same music in the field for 20 hours.

Garlador

It's Yoko. She'll do alright.

It's not like going from Shimomura, Mitsuda and Ace+ to Sawano.

You just had to...

*sigh* Xenoblade Chronicles X isn't BAD, per se... but it's amazing how the music is a Bionis-sized step back from Shimomura, Mitsuda, and Ace+.

Edit: Also, I think Unfinished Battle is Xenoblade's best seldom-mentioned track. So epic. I'm shocked it was only played once in the game. Just Shimomura showing off.

Honestly don't know why anyone would dub pre-recorded interview (instead of going with subtitles) but otherwise great material.

Sn4ke_911

If I ever post something in Japanese which I don't understand, please BAN me.
My favorite part of the entire Xenoblade OST.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nzMkZChFynk#t=1m30s

Edit: Speaking of that FFXV Environment video.

What the fuck is wrong with Square Enix's marketing team? why the hell did they not OFFICIALLY release this amazing trailer? some youtuber had to live record it with shitty quality... seriously wtf.

I will say I'm not as crazy about the music I have heard so far as, say, XIII's score. But maybe I just need to play the game and hear more of her work.

legacyzero

Banned
I like her. Dont get me wrong. But Uematsu is a big name to replace. I hope she can make it happen.

Love what I'm hearing so far.

The translator is so fucking annoying. She talks about Shimomura in third person, despite translating Shimomura herself. Christ.

edit: It is seriously hampering my ability to focus on what she is saying.

edit: oh my god, when the interviewer speaks, sometimes he does with Shimomura as his interlocutor, and sometimes it's with the translator as the interlocutor. Holy shit. This interview is an embarrassing production.

I like her. Dont get me wrong. But Uematsu is a big name to replace. I hope she can make it happen.

Love what I'm hearing so far.

I mean, Uematsu hasn't solely composed a FF in a long time.

Sakimoto did XII. Hamazu did XIII. Uematsu did a few tracks for XIV but Soken is the main composer of XIV. And Shimomura is on XV.

So far she is knocking it out of the park. I loved her music before Versus or XV, and I am still a huge fan of her music and style. As much as I like XII, XIII, and XIV's music, Shimomura's music is go great. Every track is fantastic instead of having only a handful of standouts.

manoelpdb

Neo Member
they should subtitle her interview though. it's really annoying how the translator is talking about her in third person instead for her in first person.

jb1234

I will say I'm not as crazy about the music I have heard so far as, say, XIII's score. But maybe I just need to play the game and hear more of her work.

Yeah, I much prefer Hamauzu's more lush and complex harmonies over the conventional ones that Shimomura pumps out. She's a good composer in a lot of ways but rarely holds my attention due to personal tastes.

mrmickfran

You just had to...

*sigh* Xenoblade Chronicles X isn't BAD, per se... but it's amazing how the music is a Bionis-sized step back from Shimomura, Mitsuda, and Ace+.

Edit: Also, I think Unfinished Battle is Xenoblade's best seldom-mentioned track. So epic. I'm shocked it was only played once in the game. Just Shimomura showing off.

That's what I was saying. Xenoblade is the greatest soundtrack of all time. Why would you want to change something that was already good?

Xenoblade X's OST is good, but a HORRIBLE follow up to Chronicles.

legacyzero

Banned
I mean, Uematsu hasn't solely composed a FF in a long time.

Sakimoto did XII. Hamazu did XIII. Uematsu did a few tracks for XIV but Soken is the main composer of XIV. And Shimomura is on XV.

So far she is knocking it out of the park. I loved her music before Versus or XV, and I am still a huge fan of her music and style. As much as I like XII, XIII, and XIV's music, Shimomura's music is go great. Every track is fantastic instead of having only a handful of standouts.

MMMmmmm. Sakimoto fucking ROCKED XII. I need more of that.

orioto

Good Art™
PSY・S;201658182 said:
who's better

shimomura or kanno?

You don't do that, you fool!!

That said as a die hard Kanno fan i'd love her to do something big like that so much. Her on a FF would melt people.

As for Shimomura, i'm a huuuuge fan of her Legend of Mana tracks, but i have to admit i like a little less (even if there are classy pieces already) her FFXV one. It's just not as unique and sophisticated. FF tend to make composers shy or something. I found Hamauzu ost, even if excellent, less "Hamauzu" than what he did before. Like if composers had to go more mainstream for this game, less personal. (Except Nobuo of course, but he gave FF its soul in first place, the one that is lacking now).

Top Bottom