• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamekult Rumour: Michel Ancel may leave Ubisoft after Rayman Legends [Ubi: Nope]

Iwata, here's your chance to approach a top-tier western 3rd party developer to collaborate on something. If you don't at least try that, you clearly deserve 3rd party support you get.
I'd be a little bit offended if Iwata tries do so as long as Ancel has other options.

Nintendo already have a monopoly over platformers and their closes rival, Sonic, is a joke compared to them.

If Nintendo tries to capitalize on Ancel, we can say that the platforming outside of Nintendo's market is dead.

I AM a Nintendo fan, but I think having no competition, will not help even Nintendo in the end.

Oersted

I'd be a little bit offended if Iwata tries do so as long as Ancel has other options.

Nintendo already have a monopoly over platformers and their closes rival, Sonic, is a joke compared to them.

If Nintendo tries to capitalize on Ancel, we can say that the platforming outside of Nintendo's market is dead.

I AM a Nintendo fan, but I think having no competition, will not help even Nintendo in the end.

Its not like he only made plattformers and only wants to make them in the future. Not at all.

efyu_lemonardo

May I have a cookie?
Dev begging is the new port begging!

image.php

awww yeah!

Yoshi

Headmaster of Console Warrior Jugendstrafanstalt
Its not like he only made plattformers and only wants to make them in the future. Not at all.

Actually I would be surprised if Ancel would do a lot of 2D platformers under Nintendo.

Glass Rebel

As if competition from Rayman somehow affected Nintendo.

Richie

I don't believe Nintendo is gonna hire Ancel by any means.

That said, dreaming is free. What about doing projects on a contract, financing BG&E2, a la Bayonetta?

Boerseun

Banned
Nintendo is the only place Michel Ancel will ever live up to his potential. You can see hints of it in many of his games, but I don't believe we have seen all of what he is capable of.

mclem

He's saying that anyone can make up a safe rumour like this and gives Nomura as an example because it plays into fans hopes and gives a long enough time frame which diminishes accountability.

After Versus is released = some point after the heat death of the universe.

Still before The Last Guardian

"Unfounded rumours!" Ubisoft France spokesperson Pascal Lecointe told Eurogamer France on our behalf. "Michel is currently working on Rayman Legends, a unique game that will be released on Wii U, Xbox 360 and PS3.

"Michel Ancel and Ubisoft therefore categorically deny these rumours."

A Ubisoft UK spokesperson refused to deny the suggestion that Ancel was leaving, simply telling Eurogamer that the company "would not comment on speculation and rumours".

http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-that-rayman-creator-michel-ancel-is-quitting

That doesn't really do anything to deny the report that he's leaving after RL is released.

Miruhoggu

Neo Member
I'm gonna bring this topic back from the dead but Michel is joining a new indie team : http://www.gamekult.com/actu/michel-ancel-rejoint-un-nouveau-studio-A136145.html

Official annoucement below.

Michel Ancel is involved in a new independent company called Wild Sheep Studio

Montpellier, the 30th July 2014

In addition to his role at Ubisoft, Michel ANCEL, creator of Rayman and Beyond Good and Evil, is involved in a new independent videogame studio, along with a team of experienced developers. Together they are working on an original game, further details to be announced soon.

Eusis

Well, he's half way there I guess. We'll see what happens in the future, but at least this time a bump of an old ass thread was actually about forward momentum than "Haha he didn't leave guys!"

Top Bottom