• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAMEPUMP - Service cancelled, everyone refunded + 2 bonus apology games

Can I has some Psikyo please?
psikyo.png

The PSOne ver. of Gunbird was released on Steam the one ft. MILF 2000, but I'd rather get the OG unedited Gunbird 1 for starters.

Yeah, this would be a nice one.

Straight up, if this was just one month of Spike McFang and 11 months with no games, I would be over the moon happy with this thing.

I actually like Spike McFang too, it's one of those games in the back of my head often.

But I hope there ends up being a little more to the service than that.

@MUWANdo

Banned
I don't expect many old console games from this venture.

I also don't get why they're already splitting their focus between putting out old shit and making original games before they've done a single thing.

Tizoc

There is that company Console Classics that released a few PSone emulated games last year. They appear to have gone defunct / out of business, and last I saw Night Dive was releasing a few of their games on GoG / Steam, so they clearly are working with outside teams or sold what they did own to others.

http://consoleclassics.co/?page_id=15

Only a few have appeared so far like D.

Pretty much the only interesting one left is Koudelka I'd say.

Man even as an SNK buff I didn't play the PSOne exclusives SNK released/published at the time being Athena PSOne and Koudelka.
From what I've gathered though Koudelka would benefit from modding+more modern translation :X

@MUWANdo

Banned
Well the trailer on their website specifically states that they are bringing console exclusives. So yea.

The venture will be western-focused and for the moment it seems they're explicitly working with people in the local area, so there'll be obvious limits on what they can or can't put out.

Tagyhag

They emphasize the "console exclusive" aspect a lot in this so I'd doubt it.

I guess technically yes, but if you look at the pitch that would be very misleading. The implication is that they're licensing games that are not presently available, updating them in a material way including supporting Steam features, and also publishing indie "spiritual successors" to existing titles. If they were just doing DOSBOX re-releases of GOG releases, that would be shitty. It's also not clear who they'd be working with--most of the GOG exclusives are from companies who are on Steam and don't need an external partner to release there.

Yeah those are some good points. I guess I shouldn't expect something like SHOGO or something but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

wazoo

DiscoJer

Realistically though, wouldn't a "spiritual sucessor" take a whole lot of money/effort? I don't see how they could afford to do that even once in a year for $20.

If these were popular IPs and done by the original team (or at least parts of it), then likely they could just do a Kickstarter, not work though a low budget publisher.

Unless we are talking publishing 1 person homebrew projects like you see included on various flaskback retro consoles

Sinatar

Official GAF Bottom Feeder
The venture will be western-focused and for the moment it seems they're explicitly working with people in the local area, so there'll be obvious limits on what they can or can't put out.

They are using people in their local area to do the porting work, writing emulators, wrappers etc, it's not actually games developed by people in LA.

Yeah those are some good points. I guess I shouldn't expect something like SHOGO or something but I'm hoping to be pleasantly surprised.

Shogo has been on GOG for forever.

I'm going to have to sleep on it, but I am interested in this. $20 is about what I would pay for a good Kickstarter and for 13 games over the course of year it could be good.

There is that company Console Classics that released a few PSone emulated games last year.

http://consoleclassics.co/?page_id=15

See, that's what scares me, that is one shitty library with like three or four games anyone would ever want.

Also, I've been a console/retro gamer and collector for a long time, I only recently got into PC gaming with Steam a couple years ago. So I have the feeling that a lot of the console exclusives they get will be games I already have.

I'll think about it. My biggest wish would be for them to bring Battle Engine Aquila to Steam.

abracadaver

I'm in!

I payed with paypal and they got my payment but I didn't get any confirmation besides that. Is there something else I have to do now?

dd492941

I'd love a futurama ps2/Xbox classic port to steam as I don't like gaming on my pc anymore, (I think wow killed that) but it has been so long since I have played it and my love for futurama is ridiculous now. Haha

gar3

Hi all,

I'd like to get this for myself as well as a buddy of mine. Does anyone think it's possible for me to get multiple subscriptions to this via the same e-mail/PayPal?

Momentary

Banned
How about the XBLA version of Guardian Heroes?

I'm tempted but I'm not a fan of paying for blind rewards.

Damn... Guardian Hero's and Radiant Silvergun... I wouldn't be surprised if this had a couple of Treasure games due to their current situation.

NewFresh

As someone with over 3,000 games in my Steam account, this pitch is really speaking to me. One of the reasons I don't like the Humble Monthly is because the one time I signed up for it I got 4 games I already owned alongside two I didn't. Humble Monthly typically has great games, but they're often games I already own.

If they're able to pull it off, I'm happy to fork over $20 for 13 games with Steam keys that are guaranteed to not be something I already have - with the added bonus that we might end up with a few games resurrected from consoles that can be more easily preserved on PC.

I'm not nearly at 3,000 games, but even at 600 I feel no incentive to go with Humble. So this is pretty attractive.

gar3

Hi all,

I'd like to get this for myself as well as a buddy of mine. Does anyone think it's possible for me to get multiple subscriptions to this via the same e-mail/PayPal?
Instead of going through PayPal I simply made two different credit card transactions. One for my friend being sent directly to his Gmail account, the other for me being sent to my Hotmail account. Order numbers 101 and 102 if anyone was interested.

phrostb

Neo Member
I wonder if this might fit in with the Dishwasher and Charlie Murder ports and the FNA system the porter is setting up, which should allow some more XBLA games to be ported easier and with full functionality. They are supposed to release in Dec or January, when this starts.

Of course, that would depend on what they mean by classic. To me it would be older stuff, but they could be using it liberally.

Made a thread about that here: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1312545&highlight=

I think it might be referring to who is porting, like Night Dive, as they do mention top publishers as well.

Screw it I'm in.. if they release SF2 HD Remix for steam i will cream my pants.

There's two things that'd interest me:
-Japanese classic games that had PC releases.
-Rayman 2 and 3.

Except for that, I'll pass. Although Wayforward being on board makes me wish for Sigma Star Saga.

Technically Rayman 2 is already on steam. It was an exclusive pre-order bonus for Rayman Origins. I regret not getting it :(

Wok

I am with you, guys, I have already subscribed, but... I have discovered there is also a random draw going on.

The sweepstake is open to all legal US Residents with a US Mailing Address required for shipping of the physical prize and a valid email is required for delivery of the digital prizes.

This giveaway begins on November 11th, 2016 and will continue until November 25th, 2016.

The estimated odds of winning are projected to be as high as 1 in 10,000 based on the number of sign-ups between November 11th, 2016 and November 25th, 2016.

The PayPal link is a direct link to PayPal's checkout system. You're not asked to provide anything prior to logging in and purchasing a subscription (I also paid with PayPal as I had a couple of bucks sitting in my account).

I paid with Paypal and received no email. :'(

I also used PayPal and got no confirmation email.

I'm in!

I payed with paypal and they got my payment but I didn't get any confirmation besides that. Is there something else I have to do now?

Damn. At least I am not the only one.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Bought a 12-month subscription, expectations are high! :)

bad guy

as bad as Danny Zuko in gym knickers
Get your something here!
Reduced from $60 to $20!
That's an amazing 67% off something!

gngf123

I can't help but feel like people are buying into their own projected ideas of what this could be, instead of what it'll probably end up being.

Yeah but I'd like to have it have some modern enhancements.

It doesn't sound like modern enhancements to old games already available on PC is something that GamePump is interested in.

illusionary

Do they have any specific examples of games coming? I would kill for some 90's era 3D platformers.

I'm really very tempted here, but yeah, as you're suggesting I wish that there could be at least one or two examples of what we should expect.

Saying that, I'll probably cave before too long regardless. For now, I've stuck myself on their email list and will have this thread as a reminder.

SpikeDaPenguin

Neo Member
I'm order # #00138

Although my biggest wish is Diablo 1 (even a 'spiritual successor' would be nice) I won't be in complete delusion about that. I'm guessing we might see Doom 64 make an appearance. That said though even if all the games don't follow my tastes I'm still happy to see classic games come to the Steam storefront for other generations to try them.

Castlevania SOTN would be nice. Or the DS ones.

edit #139

Id like to have achievements and trading cards too. And fully steam controller support.

Parsnip

Sure, why not.

But I'm keeping my expectations in check. I'll be sad if the majority will end up being games wrapped in emulators to be honest.

Tain

Having more nicely curated and emulated old Japanese games making it to Steam would be neat, but I don't expect that sadly.

Still, I'm dying to know what these will be.

Nzyme32

Realistically though, wouldn't a "spiritual sucessor" take a whole lot of money/effort? I don't see how they could afford to do that even once in a year for $20.

If these were popular IPs and done by the original team (or at least parts of it), then likely they could just do a Kickstarter, not work though a low budget publisher.

Unless we are talking publishing 1 person homebrew projects like you see included on various flaskback retro consoles

You do realise these are not exclusively available via this service - everyone can still buy the games on Steam / other stores doing keys / probably other platforms as well - all this service does is get a bunch of the keys at a discount rate for those who subscribe.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I like the idea of it, so sure I'll toss $20 at it and see how this goes for the next year. Depending on how it's handled, this could be something very special or kind of be a mess. Here's hoping it's the former.

There's a lot of classics I'd like to see on Steam, but I'm not too picky of a gamer and don't mind some rough or hidden gems as well in most genres (though some genres, like horror games, obviously hold more weight with me).

Or this could be $20 spent to complain every month with GAF, so that could also be fun even if this goes south.

ArjanN

20$ isn't much. One or two good games would already make that worth it really.

Since Wayforward is on board I could see some of their stuff that isn't on Steam yet be in it, maybe Contra 4 or something.

Given the way they're talking and the pricepoint, it's probably more along the lines of SNES type stuff.

There's definitely still some classic stuff I can think of that never came to PC but to be honest most of the stuff I'd really be interested in would probably at least be PS2 era.

Tizoc

Screw it I'm in.. if they release SF2 HD Remix for steam i will cream my pants.

Technically Rayman 2 is already on steam. It was an exclusive pre-order bonus for Rayman Origins. I regret not getting it :(
Sf2 hd remix would be the last thing id want from this endeavor :p

Top Bottom