• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games that should get demade?

RedSwirl

A vote for Final Fantasy. Back to PS1 standards.

Not because of turn based combat, but scope and story. All Ps2-PS4 Final Fantasy games have been lacking in scope a bit. FFXV almost fixed that, but not quite because even for it the scope got lazy in the last half of the game.

I remember always thinking they should have done the FFVII from the beginning of the PS3 gen so that they could get a sense of the scale of game they needed to make. Even now they have to divide it into parts.

I think an interesting idea would be a new FF that, while not visually all the way down to PS1 standards, goes back to pre-rendered backgrounds or at least a drawn-out camera angle and turn-based combat, just with modern HD art assets. Take the Pillars of Eternity route but for a JRPG basically. I think this is what Square should have done for FFVII -- instead of trying to modernize the game, just make it the exact same game as before but with all the art assets redone like StarCraft HD.

Edit: Basically, imagine something like FFVIII but with the visual quality of REMake.

Crysis on 8 bit

This could be dope as an open-ended top-down Ikari Warriors-style thing.

Top Bottom