• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games with Gold in 2016: Your thoughts

TheKeyPit

Banned
Hand of Fate - cool concept, lost interest after a couple of hours
Styx: Master of Shadows - cool stealth game, couldn't keep me hooked
Sherlock Holmes: Crimes and Punishments - I love Sherlock Holmes, good game
The Wolf Among Us - It was good to revisit the game on current gen
The Crew - It was okay, played it with my cousin in coop mode
Murdered: Soul Suspect - Always wanted to try that one
Sleeping Dogs: Definitive Edition - It will be cool to revisit that one
Outlast - I'll probably shit my pants, but cool

Forza Horizon - Great Horizon game
Far Cry 3: Blood Dragon - I'll give that one a try, loved FC3

- What were your favourite games?
Going by games I did not play before, I'd say The Wolf Among Us (Xbone) and XCOM: Enemy Unknown (360). I really liked the style and characters of Wolf Among Us and XCOM was a fun and challenging strategy game. LTTP on both and very much enjoyed them.

- What games surprised you with how good they were?
Nothing this year.

- What games disappointed you?
Earthlock: Festival of Magic. As basic as it was, I was liking it at first. No voice acting wasn't too much of a bother either but too any bosses and tough encounters too close together with very little reward ruined it for me. I started to feel no motivation and the lack of presentation started to wear on me. I wanted to like it more and gave it chances but I just gave up.

- Did you feel there was enough variety?
Other than me already owning most of the games, I thought the variety was good. Could be better but still good.

- Are the offerings still worth the cost of subscription?
I'd say yes. Even though I owned most, they're still great games worth it for anyone who hasn't played them before and for them to get the chance is fine by me.

- Which console had the biggest improvement from last year?
Probably Xbone but not sure on this one.

- Which console could do with being improved next year?
Eh, not sure.

- Where the hell is Ryse?
Who cares.

I think ignoring all other parts of Gold, if there was a standalone service which let you rent these 48 games for one year for $45, a lot of people would bite..
Yeah, I think the value is still incredibly difficult to complain about.

There were a few games I tried with Gold this year that I may not have otherwise, and that's all I really look for from the service. I didn't get gold *for* the free games, so it makes disappointing months easier to swallow

Top Bottom