• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Games you felt like you wasted time playing or games that didn't respect your time?

april6e

Days Gone - Starts off slow as hell, most players suggest the game gets better halfway through which is way too late. Hordes don't happen until later in the game.

Death Stranding - Locks all of the traversal options, boss fights and such in the last 2/3rds of the game

Nier Automata - One of the most frustrating "good" games I've ever played. 45 minute opening sequence which also happens to be one of the hardest moments in the game with no checkpoint with unskippable cutscenes. Must start the entire game over if you die during it. The 2nd playthrough is a boring retread. The sidequests are FF15 levels of boring.

Last edited:
Destiny 1. I was addicted to it. Put in over 100 hours. Never even booted up Destiny 2 once. I quit cold turkey.

Sad to see people say Days Gone. That was probably my favorite game last gen. But it does start slow and is about 5-6 hours too long.

Last edited:
Red Dead Redemption 2

So boring. I hear it's great. I'll never know. I lack the constitution.
Agreed. I played through the first game on PS3 a few years ago. Fantastic game! I’ve tried the sequel twice. Everything about it is stunning, except the gameplay (when you can find it).

rofif

Can’t Git Gud
Callisto protocol was short but still I felt it wasted my time with backtracking and combat being so padded out.
Obviously forbidden west.

And lately Alan wake 2. You pretend to do investigation on the board and it just serves to have the exposition served to you constantly through mind place talking heads… Alan levels wasted my time less but “change the room” got tiresome by the end

Saber

Gold Member
Probably Monster Hunter World PS4. My god, what collossal waste of my time with crucitiating grinding and routine.

Zannegan

I just stop playing games I don't like.
This, 100%

As a kid I felt obligated to wring every drop out of my games, probably because I didn't have much income and most of those were gifts. Plus, my family knew what they were doing, so they were mostly awesome anyway.

Somewhere around my late high school/early college years though, I realized that there were more games already in exustence than I'd ever be able to play, and time was the one currency I'd never be able to get more of. Why waste it on something that isn't engaging and fun?

SJRB

Gold Member
Most recently the one game where a quest you get is literally to pick up a cup of coffee for the manager, where you have to go through 4 loading screens, walk a bit, grab the coffee, mandatory dialogue, walk back, more loading screens, give the coffee, mission complete.

Or the one where you have to get a keycard from someone in another fucking solar system so you exit the building, loading screen, walk to hanger, loading screen, get in space ship, loading screen, plot course, loading screen, enter planet, loading screen, land spaceship, loading screen, leave spaceship, loading screen, walk up to guy and take his keycard, walk back to spaceship, enter spaceship, loading screen, leave planet, loading screen, plot course back to quest giver, loading screen, land on planet, loading screen, leave spaceship, loading screen, enter city, loading screen, enter building, loading screen, talk to quest giver, mission accomplished.

Time well spent.

Literally any newer open world games. They're all packed with filler and way too long. Takes forever to get to the meaty stuff. I miss when games were much shorter and filled with high quality content. Now it's all massive worlds full of useless busy work content.

Top Bottom