• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gamestop Conference: God of War 1 & 2 Collection on Blu Ray this Fall w/ Trophies $40

Jim

AndyD said:
I know. The problem is for those without a PSP. It would add to the cost needlessly for those with just a PS3. And its not like this would be playable on the PSP for those without a PS3. So its market would be limited to those with both systems or willing to shell out for the other system if they only have one.

A download code, that may or may not ever be redeemed, doesn't really add much to the cost besides the little piece of paper it's printed on. It could also add a little bit of an incentive to get a PSP. It's not happening, but still.

AndyD

aka andydumi
Jim said:
A download code, that may or may not ever be redeemed, doesn't really add much to the cost besides the little piece of paper it's printed on. It could also add a little bit of an incentive to get a PSP. It's not happening, but still.

Thats true if they kept the price 40 dollars. But I imagine it would bump to 50 if they added COO.

I think they are trying to test the market on what we are willing to pay for remastered PS2 games with these two. I think of it as coupled with the PS2 on PSN rumor.

These would be 20 bucks a pop for a remastered top of the line PS2 game, with higher visual quality and trophies. An average PS2 game on PSNno frills 15, since PS1 games are 5-10 and I doubt they would make a PS2 game same as a PS1 game, or bump the PS1 games down to 2-5 range to free up the 10 figure for the PS2 games.

netguy503

AndyD said:
Thats true if they kept the price 40 dollars. But I imagine it would bump to 50 if they added COO.

I think they are trying to test the market on what we are willing to pay for remastered PS2 games with these two. I think of it as coupled with the PS2 on PSN rumor.

These would be 20 bucks a pop for a remastered top of the line PS2 game, with higher visual quality and trophies. An average PS2 game on PSNno frills 15, since PS1 games are 5-10 and I doubt they would make a PS2 game same as a PS1 game, or bump the PS1 games down to 2-5 range to free up the 10 figure for the PS2 games.

I don't understand? People have already preordered this from Gamestop and Amazon for $40 and that is the price their systems read as well. Are you saying the price will be more? They would get MAJOR backlash for that.

netguy503 said:
I don't understand? People have already preordered this from Gamestop and Amazon for $40 and that is the price their systems read as well. Are you saying the price will be more? They would get MAJOR backlash for that.
He is saying that it'd probably be $50 if Chains of Olympus were included in the bundle as a download voucher for PSP owners (and potential new PSP buyers).

iceatcs

if indeed faulty, sometime retail do change the date order more demand on other games near original date.
Oh gamestop stop using interest pre-ordered.

JardeL

god-of-war-collection-20091106022200283.jpg

god-of-war-collection-20091106022254046.jpg

Pretty impressive. More pics here ; [ http://ps3.ign.com/articles/104/1043015p2.html ].

tanod

when is my burrito
I don't know. It looks almost exactly the same minus the screen tearing from the original.

The real value to me here is both games on a Blu-Ray which I can play on both of my PS3s and has trophies. Any graphical upgrades besides the v-sync fix is a secondary concern.

EDIT: Also noticed no dithering and elimination of jaggies. However, jaggies wasn't that big a problem in the first place.

Top Bottom