• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GameStop: Halo 5 digital sales are in line with other AAA game releases

sense

Right, let me be clear. I think that the digital split was around 30-40% on launch week, which if true, put the launch around Halo 2 numbers, just short if I remember rightly.

I'm saying it seems plausible due the fact of how much it sold physically and the fact that it was the best selling digital title on the platform.

I haven't been given anything otherwise. The only argument is the metric is in revenue, which isn't true, as it would of been worded that way.

you are trying way too hard to show halo 5 did well enough with digital sales. even with an unprecedented and unrealistic 50% digital ratio it puts the sales well below 2 million in the US and that is a big drop compared to previous entries which sold over 3 million launch month.

i mean isn't it kinda obvious with the MS pr that the numbers are bad when they had to include hardware to revenue to make it look big? some of you guys need to accept the fact that it underperformed and move on rather than countering statements with made up digital ratios. Goddamn that MS pr guy need a raise

SparkTR

This is kind of incredible.

Every single piece of information we have points towards this game digital/physical ratio being in the same range as every other game released lately. But someone wants to believe it almost doubles everything else ever seen, juste because his guts (agenda) say so.

For some people accepting that Halo isn't the behemoth system-selling IP that it once was anymore is kind of shocking.

Halo 5 is a great videogame available physically and digitally. No one who knows will reveal how many digital copies were sold. And that's OK.

gasb0705

Banned
What about this update to Gamespot's article?

"Industry sources support our belief that Halo 5 digital sales were much closer to half of units than the 20-25% GameStop is suggesting."

So basically Halo 5 tanked and was not saved by an unreasonably high number of digital copies despite all anecdotal evidence to the contrary, is what I'm getting out of this. It's sad but not entirely surprising: this is the results of a small user base that is more interested in CoD/Fallout/Battlefront coupled with the last two Halo games being dogs.

TCKaos

This is kind of incredible.

Every single piece of information we have points towards this game digital/physical ratio being in the same range as every other game released lately. But someone wants to believe it almost doubles everything else ever seen, juste because his guts (agenda) say so.

It blows my mind. HaloGAF (RIP) I assume has come to terms with this and kind of expected it after the MCC. I don't know why people weren't expecting this. You can't hype and then launch a literally non-functional product that remains non-functional for months without this kind of backlash occurring.

I keep seeing the the PR quote "best-selling digital game ever" come up a lot which is driving much of this conversation. I don't think it means what people are interpreting it to mean. Here is the actual PR quote in context.
Last week’s Halo 5: Live earned a GUINNESS WORLD RECORDS™ title for the most watched video game launch broadcast, setting a precedent with more than 330,000 unique streams on the evening of the broadcast. Additionally, content from the broadcast generated 5.5 million total views throughout the week. This resulted in a spike in digital sales of Halo 5: Guardians, leading to it becoming the best-selling digital game ever in the Xbox Store for an opening week.

The bold part might be the PR double talk leading to different interpretations. It's not saying that Halo 5 is the best selling digital title ever. It's saying that because of the Halo 5: live broadcast, Microsoft saw a spike in sales for that one week. So for that one week Halo 5 had the best digital sales, but that says nothing about the overall digital sales. It doesn't take into account people buying digitally before the week of the release date for game.

Fliesen

What about this update to Gamespot's article?

"Industry sources support our belief that Halo 5 digital sales were much closer to half of units than the 20-25% GameStop is suggesting."

If you've ever even remotely followed coverage about Apple hardware, you'd know that "industry analysts" often know even less than ... hell, less than leeh and his 9 friends.

I keep seeing the the PR quote "best-selling digital game ever" come up a lot which is driving much of this conversation. I don't think it means what people are interpreting it to mean. Here is the actual PR quote in context.

The bold part might be the PR double talk leading to different interpretations. It's not saying that Halo 5 is the best selling digital title ever. It's saying that because of the Halo 5: live broadcast, Microsoft saw a spike in sales for that one week. So for that one week Halo 5 had the best digital sales, but that says nothing about the overall digital sales. It doesn't take into account people buying digitally before the week of the release date for game.

this. This is similar to Fallout 4's "concurrent players on Steam". Let's not mistake global / local maxima for "area under the sales curve"

Are people able to get digital refunds for having connection issues or not liking the game?

A lot of AU and people in asia were having high pings and not being able to find matches in warzone. A lot of us actually do buy from the american store.

So basically Halo 5 tanked and was not saved by an unreasonably high number of digital copies despite all anecdotal evidence to the contrary, is what I'm getting out of this. It's sad but not entirely surprising: this is the results of a small user base that is more interested in CoD/Fallout/Battlefront coupled with the last two Halo games being dogs.

no.

read gamespots update.

and on top of that...tanked? no.

My maths estimates that a 50% physical/digital split would put Halo 5's launch revenue to be closer to 500-550 million, not 400 million.

Haines

Banned
Maybe halo players are busy with destiny, bc from what i gather 5 is way better than 4

The mechanics online are very well done. I dont think this game deserves poor sales and theres a chance it has legs from positive word of mouth.

I don't see why it's so difficult to accept that this series is in decline. It's been apparent since Halo 4 (even Reach really). It's not the me of th world and it's not like the series is dead. Halo is still a big franchise, it's just not THE shooter anymore and hasn't been for a long time. It's not going anywhere any time soon.

Lol at the defence force in here. This is what happens when you release a mediocre Halo game (halo 4) and an overpriced drinks coaster that is the MCC.

I'm surprised it sold this well tbh because 343i basically got away with two shoddy games and people still ate up Halo 5. For those who like it though, then more power to you.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
PS: Article is updated on Gamespot.

For the Cowen & Company estimate, I think that makes more sense as a separate thread.

Like we're talking about number of steps removed going from publishers themselves speaking in legally binding financial calls -> retailers speaking in legally binding financial calls -> analyst estimates, but it's also a lot to have in the same thread.

If anyone wants to go for it, by all means.

RexNovis

Banned

Like I said pages ago yes there is a lot that can be interpreted from the best-selling PR

There's also the matter of the record breaking PR

specifically referencing the "Xbox Store" which was a new thing for XB1 (before it was the Xbox Live arcade and Xbox Live store) as well as specifying "for an opening week." There's also the matter of "best-selling" as we don't know if this in revenue or licenses.

All in all, due to the aforementioned reasons, the PR is anything but a reliable source let alone grounds to question statements made by companies in an earnings call. Yet here we have people arguing that info being provided in an earnings call must be false because it clashes with a previously confirmed misleading PR message.

I have decided I'm just going to keep requiring my posts instead of retyping the same damn thing over and over again. Hopefully it preserves whatever sanity remains after enduring this thread for as long as I have.

But yes that's another possible point of contention to consider.

Does that account for the HDMI cables, plastic and cardboard?

No, nor does it account for exchange rates & different pricing ranges across different territories.

But I do think it's a lot better than just random guesswork of "XX% digital!" based off friend anecdotes and gut feel.

And if you ask my gut feel, I think my numbers are downplaying it. I put Halo 5's NA launch shipment at a peak of 1.3 million, but I personally don't believe MS shipped anything less than 1.5 million for the US market.

QlXC4Dy.png

Mpl90

Two copies sold? That's not a bomb guys, stop trolling!!!
Im just wondering and it's alil pff topic. But say uncharted doesn't meet expectations for some reason. Are we looking at another special thread or is uncharted no big enough for that

We already saw what happened when Uncharted 3 got an 8 from Eurogamer back in 2011. I don't think Uncharted 4 will underperform sales-wise, but in the case...get ready.

dcb2821

Will there ever be a time when we will start getting digital sales in NPD? I mean the figures dont really mean anything if they dont include all sales. On another note I wouldnt be surpised if Halo 5 doesnt do the numbers that the others did because back then Halo was the FPS that everyone played. Now there are a few big names to choose from.

Im just wondering and it's alil pff topic. But say uncharted doesn't meet expectations for some reason. Are we looking at another special thread or is uncharted no big enough for that

Can't see it happening. UC4 is launching at a good time. Not much to rival it when it comes out. Halo was going toe to toe with CoD, Fallout, Star Wars and it's clear it's just not the franchise it used to be to be able to compete and come out on top against these big franchise.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Expectations for Sony is to not have games. So if it releases they have games and that means it's exceeding expectations.

no.

read gamespots update.

and on top of that...tanked? no.

For a Halo game, the sales figures are quite poor, no beating around the bush and digital ain't no saviour. But its fine figures for a regular old AAA game.

Also the update refers to some random analysts who know even less than the Gamestop management (with access to industry data with publishers)

RexNovis

Banned
It blows my mind. HaloGAF (RIP) I assume has come to terms with this and kind of expected it after the MCC. I don't know why people weren't expecting this. You can't hype and then launch a literally non-functional product that remains non-functional for months without this kind of backlash occurring.

They really did. In the actual Halo 5 OT I was able to have a fairly calm and reasoned discussion about the sales and what they mean for the future if the franchise. Which is why it's so odd that people who aren't what you would assume to be the biggest fans of the franchise (everyone in the OT) are so rigorously and obstinately refuting any discussion of decline for the series.

So yea, completely agreed. Major props to the actual HaloGAF community for their mature and reasoned discussion on the topic. I just wish the same could be said for these sales specific threads.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
All right, so for this post, I'll be starting with the premise that Halo 5 saw a notable decline.

We can continue debating whether that's true or not separately, but I wanted to discuss potential changes and opportunities for the franchise assuming that.

Assuming Halo 5's sales went down, I see the following as some possible options (ranging from mild to extreme) in an effort to get growth for the franchise again.

1.) One thing that I've seen praised repeatedly and enthusiastically about Halo 5 is the multiplayer, at least based on various posts across the forum and review excerpts on Metacritic. However, unless I missed something - and please do correct me if I did - there was never a public multiplayer beta for the game. Halo 4, on the other hand, was often maligned for its multiplayer. I feel asking people to spend either $60 on the Master Chief Collection early in its life, or $60 on Halo 5 was a lot to ask for people on the fence about whether they would want to buy Halo 5 for its multiplayer.

However, in the modern era, this is still addressable. After the holidays, many people have spare money in January, and there is basically nothing else coming out. Why not have a free multiplayer weekend for Halo 5 while putting the game on sale for $40 digitally, and then also work with stores to make sure that the week starting that Sunday has the game on sale for $40 at retail as well? Steam free weekends (in conjunction with a sale) are a successful model that keeps getting used, so take advantage of it on consoles as well.

2.) This one will probably be very controversial. This generation, we've seen two very strong trends. The first is that the vast majority of games have become open world. The second is that many multiplayer heavy FPS games that would have a linear shooter campaign don't even bother including a campaign anymore. I can't imagine this all happened by circumstance, but rather that someone ran the numbers and determined linear FPS campaigns aren't actually especially great at selling games at this point. For Halo, I feel strongly that having a campaign is important to its sales potential, but I think it might be time to vastly reconsider the formula. Let's look at the best selling recent FPS games that are primarily bought for their campaign mode (or maybe don't even have a PvP mode). I come up with the list of Far Cry 3/Far Cry 4 (~10+ million), Borderlands 2 (12+ million), and Destiny (it's unclear, but seemingly 10+ million). I would like to note that all of these have big open hub areas (or even straight up regular style open worlds), campaign co-op, and loot and/or crafting systems. Halo definitely has campaign co-op, but it might be time to consider turning it into an open world or large-hub based shooter. Obviously this is notably expensive, and it is a huge shift for the series, but the direction of the market seems pretty apparent. Halo itself was also almost a predecessor to this style with some of the large areas you see in the games, so I feel it's not a switch that would seem completely out of the blue.

3.) This strikes me as a lesser point, but it's clear someone at Microsoft did some market research and determined that the universe and plotline are an important part of selling Halo, as otherwise they wouldn't have invested so much in this aspect of the game and marketing this aspect of the series. Halo has always had something of a young adult literature bent to it. I think this was a fantastic fit for the Xbox era and a reasonable fit for the early Xbox 360 era when the vast majority of people buying the platform were teenagers or college students. I don't think that's actually true anymore, and that this genre is probably not helping them. I would focus on trying to pivot to either something more simple. Recently they liked comparing themselves to Star Wars, and I think a straightforward all ages plotline/setup focusing on immediately likable characters and understandable events would fit the teen friendly image they have while being more palatable across the board. There is the option of targeting older audiences explicitly, but I don't think that's as good for a fit for the brand. The writers should be able to convincingly summarize the plotline of the game in a paragraph that is easily understandable without having played any other game or seen any outside media, with maybe a mystery or two remaining to tie into the next game. When a player finishes the game who has not tried the series before, they should be able to do the same. Similarly, if they want to really sell people on the universe of the game, I feel it makes sense to keep investing in more spin-offs in genres where they can really build out the universe than going all in on transmedia. Not that many people are going to buy a Halo book, but there might be a notably sizable audience buying a Halo RPG or a Halo TellTale title.

I pointed out in a prior post where the phrase "best-selling digital game ever" really only refers to a one week time period. Does anybody know what percentage of digital sales happen in that launch week?

I would suspect that with the desire to preload games and to get any preorder bonuses available, many digital orders would occur before that first week. You'd even have to figure that EA's early access would drive digital sales earlier as gamers tried games early and then decided to pick them up. Because of all this I suspect that more digital sales normally occur in the week prior to release than the week of release. This is especially true when you consider that most games come out on a Tuesday. That only leaves Sunday and Monday to digitally preorder a game and have it count for in the launch week.

MisterR

I feel like the marketing for Halo was off. Previous Halos had these big, grand marketing schemes which made it feel like an event. I never got that feeling with Halo 5.

foxbeldin

I pointed in a prior post where the phrase "best-selling digital game ever" really only refers to a one week time period. Does anybody know what percentage of digital sales happen in that launch week?

I would suspect that with the desire to preload games and to get any preorder bonuses available, many digital orders would occur before that first week. You'd even have to figure that EA's early access would drive digital sales earlier as gamers tried games early and then decided to pick them up. Because of all this I suspect that more digital sales normally occur in the week prior to release than the week of release. This is especially true when you consider that most games come out on a Tuesday. That only leaves Sunday and Monday to digitally preorder a game and have it count for in the launch week.

I think digital preorders count for launch day and that's why it's pretty common for digital to reach 30% on day-one.

I think digital preorders count for launch day and that's why it's pretty common for digital to reach 30% on day-one.

Good point. I didn't think about that.

Edit:

After looking at the PR quote I think there is still some wiggle room. The quote states "This resulted in a spike in digital sales of Halo 5: Guardians, leading to it becoming the best-selling digital game ever in the Xbox Store for an opening week." For game sales it is true that sales are counted on day one, but digital sales are charged at the time of the pre-order. That means the actual sale does indeed occur when the preorder is made. This quote refers to a spike in sales after the live broadcast which implies that they were talking about the instantaneous selling of the game, not the aggregate sales figures.

Right now I could see it going either way.

ethomaz

Banned
1. MS can bundle the game with all Xbone console sold... it will drive interest for Halo 6.

2. While I agree with you about the trending changing Halo 5 did nothing in terms of campaign to hold what made Halo what it is... Halo 5 did have a sub-par campaign/story... so maybe a better work in this part like old Halos can give a better ideia if these type of fps are dad.

3. I don't think that is all true... I guess they choose right but the execution was bad (the campaign/story is poor to any age).

LifEndz

Assuming Halo did underperform by a considerable margin, maybe it's time to change the protagonist. Or hell, do something really crazy like ODST but actually make it (feel like) a full game. And not to make every game Destiny, but maybe adding something equivalent to a raid would work. Hell, if the game they marketed (Hunt the Truth, You va Chief) was the game they made, I think there'd be a lot of renewed interest in the game. There are def things they can do to make the franchise feel fresh.

They believe, they don't know. Key word, believe.

So in a PR statement where it specifically states it's the highest grossing Halo title, then say it's also the best selling digitally, they're on about revenue?

Your unbelievable. You guys say I'm stubborn.
Let me pose this question for you:
Do you think that GameStop, a multi-billion dollar corporation, doesn't have a team of market analysts in addition to their direct contacts on the publishing side? I'd imagine that GameStop would spare no expense to ensure that they have the most accurate view of the digital space as possible, considering that it chips away at their sales. We have tons of evidence stacked against the high digital sales theory while the only piece of info that supports it is a confoundingly worded PR puff piece from MS, who has it in their best interests to prop up the numbers as much as possible. Why would GS have an interest in making Halo numbers look like shit?

I'm willing to concede a slightly higher digital split for Halo 5, to the tune of up to 30%. There's nothing about the game that would suggest a higher digital split than other similar titles.

As for the "best selling digital title" in the Xbox Store, let's take a look at some sales. Titanfall was the top selling game as of March 2014 (likely dethroned by CoD AW) with 865,000 sales excluding bundles. Halo had roughly similar sales. I think it's very possible that Halo could out-gross games like Titanfall because of the addition of REQ packs. So it depends on if "highest selling" is indicative of units (and even then, do they count REQ packs as additional sales?) or gross revenue.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
1. MS can bundle the game with all Xbone console sold... it will drive interest for Halo 6.
I do think that makes a lot of sense, but it also strikes me as the sort of thing they would include with every Xbox One in Fall 2016. I feel there's some potential to work on in the earlier part of the year since I imagine the game cost a pretty penny, and they want to get it to existing owners as well.

2. While I agree with you about the trending changing Halo 5 did nothing in terms of campaign to hold what made Halo what it is... Halo 5 did have a sub-par campaign/story... so maybe a better work in this part like old Halos can give a better ideia if these type of fps are dad.
There is an argument to be made that they try a more traditional campaign again. However, I feel it's worth considering development time. Following Halo's three year development cycle, the next game will be out in Fall 2018, and then Halo 7 will be out in Fall 2021 on the Xbox 4. If they don't try something notably new now, they're six years off and a brand new console from trying to adjust to the market, and it could be very different by then.

Now, if this was an annual series like CoD or a series that came out every two years, they'd have more wiggle room, but no matter what they do, any wrong calls on the campaign stick around for a very long time.

3. I don't think that is all true... I guess they choose right but the execution was bad (the campaign/story is poor to any age).
Execution can be problematic, yes. Maybe the thematics really do work for people and it's just how they present it. It's one of the things that tends to be hardest to assess.

nib95

Banned
Assuming Halo did underperform by a considerable margin, maybe it's time to change the protagonist. Or hell, do something really crazy like ODST but actually make it (feel like) a full game. And not to make every game Destiny, but maybe adding something equivalent to a raid would work. Hell, if the game they marketed (Hunt the Truth, You va Chief) was the game they made, I think there'd be a lot of renewed interest in the game. There are def things they can do to make the franchise feel fresh.

Halo 5 pretty much is a change of protagonist though, to Locke. I know some fans of the game tried to shrug that off by pushing the notion that the entire game is about Master Chief, so the gameplay split doest matter, but that's still a misleading obfuscation of things imo, and I say this as someone who's completed the campaign. I think having most missions centred around Osiris with you playing as Locke, was a bad move. Would have much preferred MC being the key gameplay focus.

Fliesen

I loved Reach for its campaign, and you weren't even Master Chief in that one.

They're NEVER giving up Master Chief though. They even doubled down on Cortana by making her Microsoft's equivalent of Siri.

RexNovis

Banned
1.) One thing that I've seen praised repeatedly and enthusiastically about Halo 5 is the multiplayer, at least based on various posts across the forum and review excerpts on Metacritic. However, unless I missed something - and please do correct me if I did - there was never a public multiplayer beta for the game. Halo 4, on the other hand, was often maligned for its multiplayer. I feel asking people to spend either $60 on the Master Chief Collection early in its life, or $60 on Halo 5 was a lot to ask for people on the fence about whether they would want to buy Halo 5 for its multiplayer.

However, in the modern era, this is still addressable. After the holidays, many people have spare money in January, and there is basically nothing else coming out. Why not have a free multiplayer weekend for Halo 5 while putting the game on sale for $40 digitally, and then also work with stores to make sure that the week starting that Sunday has the game on sale for $40 at retail as well? Steam free weekends (in conjunction with a sale) are a successful model that keeps getting used, so take advantage of it on consoles as well.

I remember there being a beta. I think it was tied to MCC purchases though. So I don't think a truly open Beta occurred.

I think your idea about a free weekend could work. I would assume it would bring in sales but I think the MCC is also a pretty good indication of the halo population MS has to work with on the XB1. MCC certainly didn't set the world on fire either. so I'm not sure it would make that much of a difference. It could be argued that the the technical issues are the cause for MCC's sales but it certainly seems like the current halo community by and large bought into it on the back of string reviews prior to the issues becoming widespread public knowledge.

I think far more former halo fans have changed over to PS4 than people seem to think and that has been the primary driver in the decline of sales bs other entries. As such I would think heavily subsidized Halo bundles would have a bigger impact than a free weekend. Even still there would be the issue of both consoles requiring subscriptions for online play and I could see this as potentially stifling sales of a second platform.

Now granted this is just personal opinion and by no means a matter of fact but I think it's all well within reason.

2.) This one will probably be very controversial. This generation, we've seen two very strong trends. The first is that the vast majority of games have become open world. The second is that many multiplayer heavy FPS games that would have a linear shooter campaign don't even bother including a campaign anymore. I can't imagine this all happened by circumstance, but rather that someone ran the numbers and determined linear FPS campaigns aren't actually especially great at selling games at this point. For Halo, I feel strongly that having a campaign is important to its sales potential, but I think it might be time to vastly reconsider the formula. Let's look at the best selling recent FPS games that are primarily bought for their campaign mode (or maybe don't even have a PvP mode). I come up with the list of Far Cry 3/Far Cry 4 (~10+ million), Borderlands 2 (12+ million), and Destiny (it's unclear, but seemingly 10+ million). I would like to note that all of these have big open hub areas (or even straight up regular style open worlds), campaign co-op, and loot and/or crafting systems. Halo definitely has campaign co-op, but it might be time to consider turning it into an open world or large-hub based shooter. Obviously this is notably expensive, and it is a huge shift for the series, but the direction of the market seems pretty apparent. Halo itself was also almost a predecessor to this style with some of the large areas you see in the games, so I feel it's not a switch that would seem completely out of the blue.

Honestly yea. I think a wider more open sandbox style would benefit the series big time. I think this can be done using the existing constraint of chapters and levels though. I don't think we really need Halo to go full open world but I can certainly see how a hub with more open and free levels would be a big selling point to the average consumer. It also strikes me as an interesting evolution of the early franchise entries with their emphasis on freedom of combat.

3.) This strikes me as a lesser point, but it's clear someone at Microsoft did some market research and determined that the universe and plotline are an important part of selling Halo, as otherwise they wouldn't have invested so much in this aspect of the game and marketing this aspect of the series. Halo has always had something of a young adult literature bent to it. I think this was a fantastic fit for the Xbox era and a reasonable fit for the early Xbox 360 era when the vast majority of people buying the platform were teenagers or college students. I don't think that's actually true anymore, and that this genre is probably not helping them. I would focus on trying to pivot to either something more simple. Recently they liked comparing themselves to Star Wars, and I think a straightforward all ages plotline/setup focusing on immediately likable characters and understandable events would fit the teen friendly image they have while being more palatable across the board. There is the option of targeting older audiences explicitly, but I don't think that's as good for a fit for the brand. The writers should be able to convincingly summarize the plotline of the game in a paragraph that is easily understandable without having played any other game or seen any outside media, with maybe a mystery or two remaining to tie into the next game. When a player finishes the game who has not tried the series before, they should be able to do the same. Similarly, if they want to really sell people on the universe of the game, I feel it makes sense to keep investing in more spin-offs in genres where they can really build out the universe than going all in on transmedia. Not that many people are going to buy a Halo book, but there might be a notably sizable audience buying a Halo RPG or a Halo TellTale title.

I think you're right about the story and its appeal. 343's entries especially have come across as particularly juvenile in a lot of ways. I certainly agree that spin offs in other genres would be FAR more preferable to flesh out the story than relying heavily on EU Novelizations. It continues to baffle me that 343 relies so heavily on material that only a fraction of a fraction of their potential player base will have experienced. As such even if they do offer up more story in off shots for the franchise I think they would also benefit greatly from trying their storytelling in such a way that people are still able to feel engaged with and follow the story regardless of playing or reading other parts of the story elsewhere. As an example of what I'm talking about Dragon Age Inquisition did a fantastic job of this while still giving long time fans lots of material to ponder about.

Nirolak

Halo 5 had a beta in December of last year, it went down a storm and got a lot of jaded Halo gamer's back interested in the franchise. I do agree that Warzone MP free weekend sounds like a great idea though, send Frankie a PM ;)

If Halo dropped its campaign . . . if you think dropping couch split screen was bad? Oh boy!

Nightengale, thanks for finding a reasonable way to get to the $400m.

You've just solved the riddle, but for some reason people haven't noticed yet.

This is excellent. Thanks for doing it.

HEY STOCK ANALYSTS LURKING GAF - Nightengale just did your work for you, since apparently some of you can't math (which was already a given, but this week's been a stark reminder). You should steal this and maybe not say dumb things like Doug Creutz of Cowen & Company.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Sorry, I think I was a bit unclear.

I remember the MCC beta, but you had to buy MCC to get into that. I think they would have benefited from something like what Battlefront did where anyone could try it much closer to release.

Mentally I view the people who bought MCC as customers who were almost assured to buy Halo 5 anyway.

If Halo dropped its campaign . . . if you think dropping couch split screen was bad? Oh boy!

Yeah, that's why I said I think that's explicitly the wrong option of the two for the franchise.

Top Bottom